Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

actionjackson posted:

ok thanks

at this rate it will take 45 minutes, is that about as expected? i think the standard hard drive in there is 5400 rpm

yeah, it's awful, one of the aspects of last gen that everyone is super eager to get away from

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

univbee posted:

The PS5 library view is a bit funky because it shows EVERYTHING PS4-compatible you ever played in any context. This includes games you played from a disc (which won't show a disc icon unless they're actually installed), out-of-region games (e.g. I have some Japan-only games in my library because of this), and I even have some PS3 games that I played on PS Now that are now delisted. And, of course, it will also includes games you played via free trials or whatever that you never owned in a meaningful context.

press options button to hide any item

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Steve Yun posted:

Good lord Horizon Zero Dawn is talky

Am I gonna miss out on a lot if I skip all the cutscenes in HFW

listen, aloy wasn't properly socialized, so please be patient with her k?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Inspector Hound posted:

If I go in there I'm going to exclusively talk about PS4 and people will get mad at me

Not at all, many of the games are cross-gen, and I update the OP with any significant releases regardless of whether they are PS4 or PS5

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

thread ded

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Weedle posted:

my ps4 has started doing this thing where it seems to lose all wireless connectivity at once. last night and this morning i was using it when it lost connection to the internet and to my controller at the same moment. restarting the ps4 with the power button worked both times but it's certainly concerning. i've had this ps4 for a little under two years but it is the original kind so it is probably pretty old. is it nigh on time to lay my sweet prince to his eternal rest?

Sounds like it's just getting too hot in certain instances. Dunno about your setup, but unlike the PS3 and PS5 which seem to ventilate better in a vertical position I found the best way to ventilate the OG PS4 was flat with nothing on the sides or back, as air is drawn in from both sides equally and vented out the back. If you have your PSpoor vertical you should use the official vertical stand which better allows air to be pulled through the downward side intake.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Weedle posted:

that's weird. it's in the same place it's been the whole time. maybe i need to clean the fans, or maybe destiny 2 is just too much for it

Yeah, I'd clean it out every once in a while. Also, modern consoles have a harder time in the summer if the ambient temp in your place is up at all

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

whhops

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

DRG is great. Up there with Rocket League imo as one of the best ps+ games ever.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Augus posted:

thanks for sharing???

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Monster Hunter World load times :negative:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

edit nvm

dumb fail joke

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Oct 20, 2022

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Rinkles posted:

How much are PS4s nowadays? There was a period when PS4 Pros were expensive enough that not getting a PS5 instead made little sense (assuming you could find one).

Used PS4's are still going for $250+ in my area and I don't think their MSRP has dropped even a single dollar since 2019. They will probably be still be 200 bucks or more new the day they stop manufacturing them.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Dewgy posted:

The PS5 doesn’t have a web browser so I’m pretty sure it’s a joke

It does.

edit; On second thought maybe it's just a partial implementation.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Ahh, I see, it lets you check patch notes, links from marketing tabs, and stuff from the store but yeah pretty limited.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Pershing posted:

Going back to PC gaming, actually.

Brave words in this day and age :laugh:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I remember the game being a technical marvel that was absolutely demolished by Sony hype as a promised ps+ title and then subsequent rampant server issues at launch. The game failed hard and the studio was sunk because of it, but a lot of premium racing game veterans were working on it and released very cool DLC afterwards. Now all of them work for EA.

Huge mismanagement by Sony. I think after DriveClub bombed they started to go harder on dev outreach for big titles because seriously I remember bad DriveClub news dominated internet gaming headlines for like 6 solid months until Bloodborne came out and everybody forgot about it. It was like the Redfall situation but worse imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Weirdly enough you can use a DualSense with a PS3