Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Just bought Yakuza 0 cause of the deal, and TLoU for a replay years later.

I’ve never beaten the wolf in the BB tutorial so I’ve not gotten far.

My controllers only last 3 hours now, my system is from 2014. Is this regular, guess I need new controllers?

Just beat all 4 uncharted games, good poo poo.

H:ZD is my fav game in a long time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Real hurthling! posted:

You supposed to lose that first fight in bb. You get weapons for losing

Wait what. Where are the weapons

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Y0 chapter 2 is insane for not telling you where to go. I ran around that city for like 2 hours today and didn’t happen upon the cut scene that activates in one cross street. I thought I was going crazy. I did like 7 substories without finding the mission until I looked it up online

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
HL 2 is way better than Titanfall 2, and definitely the best FPS of the last 15 years.

Team Fortress 2 was a letdown over Team Fortress Classic

I wish we would get another Half Life but I know we wont.

Half Life is still my favorite gaming experience of all time.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
I also agree that HZD was an incredible experience, best I've had with a video game in a long time.

Playing through NieR: Automata right now. Not sure really whats happening or what to do but its fun. Just finished the first Battle of Adam and Eve in the Alien burial ground.

Its not really clear what to do with the chips, or what leveling up does besides raise your XP. Not a lot of handholding in this game

It is fun though

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

queeb posted:

ohhhhh god poo poo gets so fuckin good.

Is there any way to understand how the chips and leveling works without going to some spoiler filled website?

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
My white Destiny 1 SE PS4 never makes a sound, even running GOW and Spider-Man

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

mcbexx posted:

I have been catching up on some of the classics lately, yesterday I played through Uncharted 3 in about 8 hours.

I remember 1 and 2 fondly, despite their flaws, in my recollection I enjoyed them both a lot. But hoooh boy did U3 infuriate me at times.

Escape sequences where you run towards the camera and can't see where you're going or supposed to be going? Good game design.

A shootout in a sandstorm with piss poor visibility, yet every single enemy AI beans you in the head from 100 yards away and tosses a grenade into your back pocket as soon as you peek out of cover? Awesome.

How can we make shooting on a platform that isn't known for precision aiming even worse? A SHOOTY CAR CHASE! But wait, there's more: YOU'RE ON A HORSE NOW!

And the nonstop action set pieces just felt like too. loving. much.
How much bad luck (or extremely good luck, depending on the perspective) can one guy have? At a certain point you just keep pushing the stick up, hammer "X" and roll your eyes when yet another pipe breaks beneath your weight.

Yeah, the capsized cruise ship was pretty awesome. Did we need the plane crash right after that? Ironically that's followed by the super boring desert walking simulator. I am aware I'm complaining it's too much action at times and then too boring. Maybe I'm getting too old for this poo poo. :shrug:

Now I'm reluctant to fire up Uncharted 4. Is it a step up from Drake's Deception or just more of the same, but prettier?

Uncharted 3 is by far the worse, and 4 is much better

Also, how is Odyssey now after everyone has played all weekend? Thinking about buying it today. I disliked Origins.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
so regarding NieR

I beat the first storyline, and now its having me start over as 9S, is it much different the second time through? I don't know if Im ready to just do everything over again.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

haveblue posted:

If they had gone the alias route there wouldn't be any danger of older games messing up, they'd just show the old username. It sounds like they've actually somehow enabled editing the username field without removing its status as primary key, which is even dumber than using it as primary key in the first place.

Route B has significant differences from route A, but mostly in the back half of the game. Feel free to skip any repeated sidequests and busywork for a faster playthrough, nothing is missable. After route B you unlock route C which is radically different from both A and B.

Hmm Ok. I had tons of quests left to do on Route A, didn't realize how close to the end i was. All my weapons were like lvl 2 and I hadn't unlocked anything for my plugin chips.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Bombadilillo posted:

The stuff to upgrade weapons isnt even available in A. You are right where you should be. You should be combining chips though once you figure out what build you like.

They should NOT be called "endings" routes are like chapters and meant to go in order narratively. You won't be just 'repeating the game' over and over from here on after B.

NOTHING IS MISSABLE. Dont try to be a completionist, imo, but know you can later if you choose.

Thanks everyone this helps a lot

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
- I can't bring myself to finish Nier route B cause its just the same except for the cut scenes and the arcade hacking (aka worse battles).

- Lol that filming is unionized, the ones that work the longest hours and are actually responsible for transporting the union workers (the PA's) are not unionized, under paid and overworked. Its very dangerous, I've been in that position myself

- Its real fun playing the new TDM on Blops4 but its real hard to get used to Blackout without ever playing BR before.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

I mean what am I missing? Im finding out more about the story but 6S is underpowered so you are encouraged to hack the enemies which is boring. And its all the same story? And doing it right after finishing Route A is just frustrating.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Even the second half of B is very different from A, along with the the new sidequests and other story content. There's really only a few hours that are exactly the same as what you did before

Ok this helps the most. I just beat the boss at the theme park so hopefully Im near the changes (besides the cutscenes)

Thanks

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Oxxidation posted:

also despite initial appearances 9S is actually a good deal stronger than 2B even without hacking

equip him with a fist or spear weapon and he'll make mince of everything since his combo speed is way more rapid even if he's not as flashy

Huh, I guess I just miss everything. The game really doesn't hold your hand I suppose

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
I dont even know what a charged attack is???

I don't know how I'm missing so much

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Yeah, route B sucks for a lot of newcomers and I can sympathize. But it gets really cool when you do the big boss at the flooded city and especially the return to the factory.

Then after that you get to route C, which is completely 100% new and amazing.

If you haven't noticed already, all your sidequests and weapons are saved. So if you want you can just tear through the main quests and you'll get to the new stuff soon.

I don't blame you for being frustrated. B is certainly repetitive and a little boring. But trust me, a random goon, it's all worth it in the end. I'll never argue that NieR is perfect, and there are certainly games that have a much higher average quality. But when it all comes together, it's worth the struggle.

Im going to keep working my way through, but I just burned through ROute A and its hard to play route B for more than 30 min at a time cause what Im doing is all hacking and poo poo, since 6S is so underpowered, which I guess Im just doing wrong.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
drat foiled again. I followed the 2B naming qualities too far in my quick posting

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
I've never understood the sniper in Blops. The replays never seem to show the reticle on the person but it always hits. I don't think I've ever gotten a hit with a sniper rifle.

Also whats the ps4 discord

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
I personally love the control scheme and the slowness of everything. It works for me!

Is there any way to get rid of a bounty besides paying it?

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
I still flinch every time I misjudge a rock I think a can jump my horse (Dandelion) over and we run into it and hurt each other. I didn't mean to do it Dande!

Also when I was in the marsh on the old Gunslinger mission I finished Black Belle and was riding out of the marsh when I saw a body swinging from a tree. I was intrigued so I got off my horse to investigate. While I was trying to see if there was anything I could find there about 5 guys with white face paint snuck up and started stabbing me and I died before I realized what was happening. I think the body was bait and it worked exactly as intended

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
I wonder why my save game on RDR2 says 20% but Im still getting tutorials on how to do things and the map is like 10% showing

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Bombadilillo posted:

I'm at 50% and STILL getting tutorials. It's one of those weird open world games where you dont know when you should just strike out on your own because you dont have all the tools (literally).

I like how Horizon did it where the sizable starting area gave you most everything and had a test to get out of it.

Rdr2 example. I random encounters some guys trying to crack a safe they stole. Killed them for ot cause they threatened me, but i had no lock picking or dynamite or any way to open it. I just couldnt do anything. cause I explored all the way to Not-NewOrleans way early. Going after black belle and just kept going.

Maybe the percentage is the amount of map explored?

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
I always get destroyed by little gangs out of nowhere but regular ol' missions are easy

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
I've never had any problems with the control and I love rdr2. Sunk tons of time into it and even when the story kicks into overdrive in Chapter 5 I still love it.

I guess its not for everyone but tons of these problems that people seem to have haven't hit me in 60-70 hours

also haven't been able to beat the wolf in the tutorial of BB so I stopped playing. Two different times

like worrying about the different health meters? just eat a can of beans while you are on a long ride, takes about 1 second. I dunno

bows1 fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Nov 9, 2018

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Sakurazuka posted:

You're supposed to die to the wolf did you just turn it off the second you died both times

no i fought it like 20 times each time !
I fear I missed something important

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Bombadilillo posted:

What? After you got your weapon right? Something has gone terribly wrong.

no weapon...

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Sakurazuka posted:

Like the first wolf? You get up and try punching it and die because you've no weapons and get sent to the hunters dream where you pick up some weapons and then the game actually starts?

yeah and then somehow I always end up at the same wolf with no weapons?

I guess once I finish rdr2 I can start it for a third time

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Bombadilillo posted:

Oh friend. Things have gone wrong and it's not your fault.

That's a mandatory death

There are lil signs on the ground where it takes you that will give you a weapon of your choice and gun of your choice so when you respawn you can actually fight it.

It's got FROM obtuseness and as a from whore, (I took a rdr2 break and players all of dark souls 2) I know it's not for everyone. But I encourage you to give it another shot*

*WHEN you are in the mood. You have to be in a real state of mind to play a from game.

I think you may have a bad first taste that will stop you from experiencing one of the best games ever.

Scholar of the first Sin is better

Ok cool. Guess thats my next game

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
The only time my horse died is when I finally bought an Arabian and bought all the upgrades, then I bumped into a woman in Saint Denis and we both got gunned down in the first 5 min.

My other horse lasted through 4 chapters :(

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

JBP posted:

The only horse I ever had die was my first arabian ten minutes after buying it and I loving knew it would happen. I just bought another and coldly wrote off the first one.

:fistbump:

also when I woke up hungover I finally did the mistakes that everyone has been talking about. I went up to pay my bounty at the post office and pressed R2 instead of L2 and just shot the worker in the face. I understand now!!

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
I just ran over my horse with my train by accident but thankfully she survived. Sounded horrific tho

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
All that HZD y’all makes me want to boot it up and play again

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
How big is RDR2? Im in Chapter 6 near what has to be the end and then my story is still at 60% complete. Bonkers

edit - don't actually need the answer to this just talking out loud

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
spoilers for RDR2 after Chapter 6

Im actually quite enjoying the Epilogue right now (on part 2) not nearly the chore like some people made it out to be). I do hope that I get to be Arthur Morgan again after the epilogue ends cause hes a way better character than Marston, but I'm worried Im in for a disappointment.

Also Sadie is probably the best main character, but I love that GAVIN is still around

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Worst frame rate problems I’ve had were during Just Cause 3. Get those explosions going and it crawls

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
There is still so much to explore in RDR2 after I finished it. 30% the map still needs to be discovered! I need a boat...

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Ok finally getting tired with RDR2 so I’m about to start bloodborne again and find a weapon this time. Let’s gooooo

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Real hurthling! posted:

He beats very serious people at highly technical games while wearing it. Its a huge power move to strut in as the greatest of all time and sit down next to some guy in a huge blue fetish suit and force them to keep their cool.

Also please let us know who else is assaulting your senses with fetish gear that you are so fed up with it.

Wait so he’s the best in the world and he plays with paw gloves on ?

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Escobarbarian posted:

That’s just the missions you can do with your camp, fishing and house robbery etc. Pretty sure no stranger missions work that way.

Oh they do

Poor Charlotte just being murdered on the floor of her cabin when I came back to her RIP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
It’s too bad the story line in the 3 Spider-Man DLC’s only last about 5-6 hours total.