Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

tensai posted:

In the ramp up to TLOU2, I replayed the first. Still a fantastic game. But I wrapped up a couple nights early, so I threw on Days Gone tonight. I bought it on release and kinda hated it. But it's actually kinda good? It's scratching an itch.

Anyone know how easy easy mode is? Like do I still have to conserve ammo or am I able to screw up stealth like I do with these kinda games?

Honestly except for the beginning bit, which is a bit difficult just crank it all the way up, once you have some tools in your toolbox it's not a difficult game even at the hardest difficulty with a little planning and forethought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

Scylo posted:

Days Gone might be the worst work of art I have ever seen

Eh, disagree. To be fair I played it like a year after it came out and I was told that it had issues technically in the beginning. When I played it it was a lot of fun and there isn't really anything that I have played that compares to the way it handled hordes. Atmosphere was fantastic. I can't recall any bugs or technical issues during my entire play though. I thought it was a solid 8/10.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

D1E posted:

What's the TRUE status of backward compatibility for PS5? Asking in this thread because there's a bunch of bullshit and misinformation about this over in the Xbox thread (surprise!).

Seriously just hoping I can play Scott Pilgrim on it.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

kirbysuperstar posted:

Alright next up: samurai on a motorcycle

Would totally play the hell out of an Into The Badlands game in the engine GoT used!

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

grieving for Gandalf posted:

if the PS5 has access to your PSN and can tell you own such and such game, I'm sure it can tell you own such and such DLC too

PSN doesn't even track if you own a game and you can accidentally by a different copy of it with less features than you already own. It's not good for that, at all, apparently.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

Ive never played a Yakuza game, and I'm out of games at the moment. There are a pile of them in the PS Store, which one do I start with?

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

Bought, thanks!

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

Why on earth didn't we ever see a sequel to Sleeping Dogs? Everyone I knew loved that game.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

derra posted:

0 1 2 3 4 5 0 6 Judgment 7

You said 0 twice!

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

I'm not sure what I expected out of Yakuza 0, but holy poo poo this game as a lot of dialogue!

Also I beat the holy crap out of those drunks for no good reason!

Edit: Holy poo poo this main character needs a therapist, I've been in 5 fights just eating Ramen and hanging out with a friend!

BitBasher fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Sep 2, 2020

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

Steve Yun posted:

Ohhh just you wait

The end of the first chapter does a great job of selling you on the rest of the game

Just got there! Yeah, this game is going places I didn't expect from a series named "Yakuza"

Should have maybe been Briefly Yakyza

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

Wolfsheim posted:

does the bladerunner franchise also include the kurt russell movie 'soldier'

Technically yes.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

FAUXTON posted:

it's blade runner fanfiction, plotwise. In the first movie, Deckard running off with Rachel was basically a "happily ever after" thing, not some unresolved mystery. The question of Deckard being replicant was supposed to be unanswered as an artistic device.

Nah, it's a sequel to Bladerunner: The Final Cut, which was the original director Ridley Scott doing what he wanted to do with the movie without the studio interference and inferior special effects that marred the original film. It's not actually a sequel to the original inferior cinematic release. It's really worth seeing. It also really cleaned up the lighting on the home version which alone makes the original movie far more watchable.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

Wolfsheim posted:

I dont think any fans of the original film are arguing that point on behalf of the awful theatrical cut :laffo:

I do agree all the ties to the original feel weirdly fan fictiony, like retconning Rachel from being 'just' an android who is nevertheless capable of love into literally The Robot Virgin Mary feels really hackneyed, and it's made worse by the fact that you can almost feel how much the director enjoys K's personal problems before sighing and filming the scene of blind Jared Leto rambling about whether Deckard is a replicant or not.

I have to go back and watch the original again but if I recall The original movie directly said that Rachel was unique, and unlike all the Nexus Sixes she had no expiration date. So I don't think that's a retcon at all.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

My prediction: PS5 at $599/$499 for full/digital

If they could have announced at a sane price and not gone into the red with the custom SSD and hardware I think they would have done it already.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

Rad Valtar posted:

The last report early in the year was that the cost to make one was around $450 so it would be really weird to sell it at $600 when they sold the PS4 at a loss initially. I’m guessing they will match Microsoft at $500 for disc and then discless will be either $450 or $400.

I wasn't aware of 450 manufacturing costs. I could definitely be wrong then. I'm really surprised it's actually that low.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

Blind Rasputin posted:

Do they array the ram in a circle like that so they all have the same data travel time to the cpu or something?

Probably both for timing and for cooling, distributing them in a ring spaced around the CPU.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

morestuff posted:

Also The Tick on The Tick show that nobody watched

That show was great!