Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I think one of the most useful techniques in this game is to knock people over and then quickly just web them to the ground while they're down, if you get used to doing that you'll find you thin out the enemy groups pretty quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I was just playing Rage 2 for like, 90 minutes and it gave me crazy motion sickness. I don't know why, psvr games don't even make me this sick, good lord I'm dying from a pretty mediocre open world shooter.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Samuringa posted:

RAGE 2 and Days Gone are deadset in my "knock-off Ubi game" that I'll buy at a good discount. RAGE 2 especially as it seems so far like a FarCry where every character isn't abhorrent and I don't have to craft wallets.

sadly, rage 2 has even more annoying crafting menus and the npcs are even worse than a farcry game. This is the first game in a long time that I've actually skipped cutscenes.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Be Depressive posted:

This looks exactly like where I used to live in China, which looks exactly like everywhere else in China. There are half-constructed, unoccupied skyscrapers littering the landscape. This could have been shot pretty much anywhere in any small (2 million+) city in China. The video brings back many fond memories of the postapocalypse - clearly these are university students because high school kids haven’t the time.

When I lived in China as a high schooler we used to throw parties in half built and abandoned housing developments where they tried to build suburbs for expat white people but ran out of money.

edit: EU Nioh Code would be very awesome please

Caesar Saladin fucked around with this message at 03:27 on May 24, 2019

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

EB games randomly sent me the PC special edition of Watch Dogs for free out of nowhere one day, so I've got this really high quality and high fidelity statue of like, a hipster black dude I guess.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

fridge corn posted:

Shes a boring blank slate Mary sue/audience stand in of a character and its insanely jarring how little she feels connected to the world she ultimately is a product of

in the end its kinda the point though

she's a weirdo that lives alone in the woods and also some other stuff in the story

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I think making Aloy an outsider and also central to the main quest makes her a good analogue for the player character to interact with the world, better than most games. They explain her competency and her lack of knowledge with actual reasoning in her personal history and stuff which is more than most characters than can just shoot for no reason.

I think she's also realistically socially flawed and awkward in a way that's pretty funny for a player character.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I enjoyed the demo, which was a detective on a roof where a robot had a hostage. Is that representative of the actual game?

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I think that star wars game looked cool and fun and obviously wasn't firing at all cylinders. I'm sure in the final game enemies will be more unpredictable and aggressive compared to an alpha e3 build. I'm sure once the actual challenge and balance is put in place it'll be a very cool star wars game.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Maybe its just me but i don't want another batman style rhythmic brawler ever again really, I feel like after four batman games there isn't really much more to it and when its done poorly its much worse than normal button mashing melee.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Control is a lot of fun and has a really neat story so far. Definitely a very high effort video game, I bet its gonna get pretty cool and weird by the end, I'm excited to see what happens.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

You can barely remember what happens in call of duty 20 minutes after you play it, let alone some random stuff from a random cutscene

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I straight up threw a flashbang into the room with the baby in it by accident, which I think swat teams in america do all the time IRL.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Death Stranding is such a weird game. There's no way to describe it that makes it sound fun if you describe your actions in the game, but when you actually get into the gameplay loop is so compelling and hypnotic and clever and actually feels novel for once. I played it for like, 10 hours the other day which I haven't done in a game for years and years.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

After beating Death Stranding I feel like I understand those Euros who play those trucking simulator games a bit better.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I just got the platinum for Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom and it was awesome. Its a really smooth experience with great music and puzzles and fun secrets to go back to get. Goofy little rpg elements and stuff. I thought it was really just great.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I just fought a boss in Eternal and it put up a tutorial on exactly how to kill him before I even started the fight. Like cmon man, I could have figured it out, its not like I haven't played video games before.

also, doom is actually a Ratchet and Clank game in first person

Caesar Saladin fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Mar 30, 2020

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

The last boss in doom is one of those giant torso monsters looming over the edge of the stage, I really think they're the worst type of boss fight and really outdated design, xbox 360 era stuff.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Rinkles posted:

I thought the idea was that real boss fight was managing the gauntlet, with the side objective of taking down the big demon meat shield

I know thats the design conceit of the fight, but its just kinda lame that I'm basically managing another arena while a giant torso dude spits fire at me and sponges up bullets, and then you do it again in phase 2 basically exactly the same. I really enjoyed that game but that boss really made me roll my eyes.

I really dug platforming and collecting stuff.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

The new Control DLC is great and quite challenging in parts if anybody was wondering. The new story content is really cool, they did a great job with a nice frantic boss battle at the end.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

There are like, three threads where everyone is bitching about Doom Eternal. Its a very controversial game.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

If you like Ratchet and Clank you will probably like the new Doom a lot. If you liked the last Doom a lot, maybe not so much.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

It'd be cool if the next Elder Scrolls game had combat similar the Vermintide 2, with some mild combos for the weapon and a swift dodge to avoid damage. The weapons felt great and chunky in that game with some cool physics when you hit a guy.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I'm pretty prone to motion sickness and although everyone tell me you get used to it, but I don't wanna have to be a sweaty nauseous mess the first few times and acclimate my body just to play a video game.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Luke got in a military grade spacefighter and was an immediate ace but nobody called him a Mary Sue. Somehow people seem to use it more for lady characters than dudes hmmmm

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

The boss in the Control DLC is really quite difficult, I thought I was good at the main storyline combat but the boss of the DLC really beat the poo poo out of me a dozen times until I god her down.

Also yeah, I don't get Persona. Out of all of the video game situations and settings, going on dates as a japanese high schooler and making high school friends isn't even close to what I wanna do for 80+ hours

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Who says control has bad combat? I'm flying around shooting and dodging and blocking like a psycho, tearing chunks out of the wall like an athletic lady magneto.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

straight up thinking about playing bloodborne for the fifth time because of this page of this thread. I need to choose a weapon.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

It was definitely made a lot easier, the night it came out I tried it a bunch of times and was like "Naw this is bullshit" but I got it on my second try this time.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Watching the video of the concert its definitely very cool and I bet the kids went totally crazy for it. The idea of a portly beardman goon acting like he's too cool for it is also very funny.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Playing final fantasy 7 original in the current age, I don't feel like I really has the level of gravitas that people assign to it. Like, its cool and fun but it isn't exactly some dark and serious meaningful story, it just kinda seems that way when you're 12. Its mostly just a sci fi fantasy anime adventure with a few darker parts that are kinda undercut by the silly little 3d men.

VVV I wouldn't say dogshit, I played it at 29 and its still a neat rpg

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Kyle Bosman has now quit video game media, such a loss :(

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

Someone is going to yell at me for this, but try it on survivor, get creative and see how good the gameplay actually is. It's very good but you need the challenge for it to shine.

Yeah he needs to at least play it on the level where you don't have listen mode. It totally ruins the game, its why people call it braindead when its actually one of the better stealth action shooters.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

video game aesthetics and stuff are heavily based on movies, and there are a lot of japanese movies and a lot of them are about samurai. You can watch those and pull so many moments and stuff from them. Not so many mongolian movies about Genghis Khan. Like what are they gonna do, make a game from that Dan Carlin podcast?

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I'm not convinced anything of what we've seen so far of the Avengers game is actually a video game that someone is playing, i wouldn't be surprised if it barely resembled the game that came out.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

It can stutter a little bit sometimes when going in and out of the menu on ps4 pro but overall I thought it did okay, and looked good.

sounds like you had some bad luck as far as bugs go.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

It'd be cool if Horizon Zero Dawn 2 found some way of separating the wilds from the city in a way like Death Stranding, where you really have to prepare to go out into the wilderness and you're out there until you're ragged and out of resources. That kind of vibe with more meaningful terrain instead of the theme park kinda open world that was in the last one.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Nah i think that sounds way more fun than climbing 15 robot giraffes and running around in straight lines to different map markers, and i'm someone who did like Horizon. I just think it could be more interesting and thoughtful.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

Sounds like a personal problem.

As opposed to what? A professional video game problem?

stev posted:

But what you're describing is a survival game, which is a very very different kind of game from HZD and mostly enjoyed by masochists.

it doesn't have to be brutal, but the idea of going out on thoughtful expeditions and preparing meaningfully instead of running around randomly would be cool and fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I want Bloodborne Remastered because I got the plat recently and i wanna plat it again, for a second time.