Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

HGH posted:

I didn't even know this existed and wow.
Apparently it was so bad the devs went bankrupt.

They were bizarrely trying to charge full price for a game that looked like it should be a cheapo downloadable title. Makes you wonder if they got screwed on the license.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

Yeah that was dumb, fortunately you can still have him survive by immediately abandoning his girlfriend to almost certain death.

I really didn't like that part because his death feels completely unconnected from anything you did and also how it plays out completely non-interactive.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

exquisite tea posted:

It's never too hard to imagine a more interesting application for the Nemesis system than the LOTR setting because just about anything is more interesting than Middle-Earth.

Reminder that it originally started out life as a system for a Nolan movies Batman game. Where guys constantly coming back makes more sense seeing as Batman doesn't kill people.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Killing zombies in Dying Light definitely gets faster once you start getting more bladed weapons.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

FauxLeather posted:

Same. There is so much gameplay footage from E3 2011 it's sad that a publisher would just drop a game that's so far along with development. It's definitely a common thing in the industry, but still, drat.

Nah, rumors were that what was shown at that E3 was literally all they had for the game. It was a rickety clockwork mechanism that could be "played" but only if you followed their script. Which, to be fair, isn't really out of the ordinary for early E3 demos.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

AAA is a category of production scale and not a rating of quality

Yes, in the games industry AAA means that the budget was over a certain amount.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I just started playing Nier and was wondering, they've been giving me items that say they're good for selling but should I keep them? Like are any used for upgrades or anything like that?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You call that a twin-stick controller for giant robots?

Too bad the actual game wasn't that great.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Have they said whether Skull & Bones is only multiplayer or is there going to be a singleplayer component?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Dying Light was mentioned a bit ago and oddly enough the devs for it have started that they're still supporting it. They're doing a year of like 10 free DLC packs and new community events.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Its kind of bullshit that PSN lets games list themselves as "Free" on the store but then you click on the link and it tells you that no, it isn't actually free and you have to buy some overly expensive pack to actually play the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I finally got a TV with HDR and I was wondering, is it something that a game has to specifically support or are all games HDR enhanced?