Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Aphrodite posted:

Is the new Tales coming out one of the good ones or one of the bad ones?

Supposedly a good one. The goons who played the Japanese version seemed to like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Attitude Indicator posted:

you can literally make yourself invincible in ff15 before even starting the game. play the platinum demo first to get carbuncle, then play on easy and it'll pop up to revive and buff you if you die.

You don't need to play the demo for that to get carbuncle :ssh:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

TaurusOxford posted:

This boss in the Ni-oh demo is goddamn impossible. :argh:

Dodge towards her for everything. Hit her 2-3 times, back away, repeat.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Picked up the pro, tv will follow, i do decent on games?
Horizon zero dawn
Vermintide
Yakuza Zero
Preordered Mass Effect

Looking at grabbing helldivers friday

Only game i would be willing to buy again that i have on xbox one is stardew valley so Dragon age and witcher 3 is not needed

Any games on the store i should swoop up?

Good picks except for Mass Effect.

e: Bloodborne, Uncharted 4, Last of Us, etc etc

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Lakbay posted:

It's not going to be that bad....right?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

VideoGames posted:

I know it sounds ridiculous, but these janky animations are a big reason as to why I am excited for ME:A.

I would be ok with ME:A being a comedy complete with Ryder looking directly into the camera everytime something plot related happens.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Feenix posted:

Everyone keeps talking about multiple endings in Nier:A.

How long is one play through?

Route A is 10+ hours depending on how many sidequests you ignore(but you should do them because they tie into the worldbuilding / mainstory)
Route B is ~5 hours
Route C is another 10+ hours, once again depending on sidequests.
Route D and E are like 10 mins because you can just skip right to the end of C and pick the other choice.

So at least 25-30 hours, probably closer to 40 if you do most of the sidequests.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Godzilla07 posted:

The one weakness in the PS4 library is its lack of good racing games, and I'd like for this year's releases to fix that so I don't have to build a gaming PC.

It's amazing that Gran Turismo isn't out yet.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Fuzz posted:

Were you just MIA last generation when it came out literally 4 years after it was slated to release?

I remember them releasing GT6 to die after the ps4 was launched. :laugh:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

exquisite tea posted:

TBQH I think the reason why I can't get into jrpgs anymore is that they are typically very slow to start and if a game doesn't grab me within the first hour or two it's very unlikely I'll ever continue with it.

bloodychill posted:

Play Trails in the Sky.

:lol:

This is a great suggestion for someone who can't get into slow paced jrpgs. Recommend them the slowest jrpg ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Feenix posted:

I did none of the sidequest stuff.

You should do some sidequest stuff