Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
The Walking Dead's ending is good. I dig the Spec Ops one too (not the reveal, but what you can do as Walker afterwards).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

For Honor closed beta is open for registration.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

Is Thief worth $5?

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

Infinite Warfare is the first CoD game I've played in probably 10 years. I mainly wanted to do the SP campaign since it seemed like the futuristic setting and gizmos would be interesting. It was fun enough and some of the missions (like the one on the asteroid close to the sun) were pretty cool. The constant jargon seemed really forced and kind of embarrassing. That also must have been the easiest money Kit Harrington has ever earned.

Gave the zombies mode a try and it was alright. It doesn't really seem playable with just random people given how convoluted it can be.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

Is it worth waiting to get a Pro for TLG, or is the performance fine already?

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

Have been replaying Black Flag lately. Still owns.

Unity was boring and Syndicate was ok. It's nice to see Ubisoft taking a break from the series for a year (while making a horrible AC movie, I guess) but it'll be interesting to see what they come back with to keep it going. There's not much more history for them to mine at this point.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

The actual ME:A gameplay videos look fun and I was obsessed with the ME3 multiplayer so an updated version of that is pretty exciting to me. The characters look more cartoonish and a little wonky in motion during the story cutscenes but hopefully the SP mode is decent as well, but all I really need to have a good time with it is the MP.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

i'm really shocked how technically advanced killzone shadowfall turned out to be and glad they could put all that tech in a game people might actually like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y8u7MvuArA

Some v good looking clouds here

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Actual Mass Effect gameplay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9rwdaI8rCo

This looks more like Destiny 2 (with worse combat) than Mass Effect 4.

I feel like I should be convincing myself not to buy this but I do know that I don't need convincing to not play as the female Ryder. That VA (with no help from the dialogue) was grating.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

The jankiness of ME:A really put me off, but now it kind of makes me want to play it even more. It can be fun to laugh at video games.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

I am enjoying Mass Effect: Andromeda.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

Any recommendations for good, comprehensive LP's of Bloodborne? I stumbled through it as my first Souls game and thought it would be nice to watch someone who knows what they are doing for comparison.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

Picked up HZD in the sale and wow, this game is gorgeous. Almost enough to make me want to pick up a PS4 Pro and UHD TV just to see it at its best.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

HZD is great but seriously, where the hell is your robot dog companion? Would pay $10 for that.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

Are there any in-game hints for the power cells in HZD? I've come across 3/5 without really looking but I'm already at level 40, so thinking I'll just have to eventually look at a guide for the last two.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

So is FFXV any good or what? Does it at least have good music?

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

The attribute changes result in next to nothing significant. Still a great game though.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

drat, 100gb to install Doom?

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

The Titanfall 2 campaign was really great. Not often I want to play an FPS campaign again immediately but that was a ton of fun.

On to FFXV soon. Any tips for making the best of it?

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

They're pretty good in theory though

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

The Evil Within is super cheap on PSN right now. I've heard mixed things - is it worth the play or should I just watch a LP instead?

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

Everybody's Golf is pretty good until you get to the ship part, then it gets a bit lazy IMO.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

Flopstick posted:

Until Dawn is so good! I need more. I haven't just plain enjoyed a game that much in a long while.

Yeah, it's rad. I hope they keep going with that series or at least something like it. It really nailed the slasher feel.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

Boy, I'd heard bad things about Chapter 13 in FFXV but oh boy - yeah, it's bad. And from what I understand it was even updated to make it less bad but it's still bad.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

I need Scissors! MGSV is not a real Metal Gear game! 61!

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

RDR2:
- I don't like the main voice actor
- It looks like it's going to need a Pro to run smoothly
- I'd like to play it now

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

What exactly makes you think it's an Infamous game? Be specific.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

No matter how many times I play it, that drat section with David and Ellie in the restaurant is so loving tense.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

Recently picked up a 4k TV (Samsung MU8000) and a Pro. What are the ideal video settings for this setup?

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

Finally picked up Prey. It is cool and good.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

PS4 Tomb Raider still owns bones. Love the way the combat feels, the setting, level design, the propulsive action. The whiplash of Lara turning into a stone-cold killer and her repeated grievous injuries still don't work but the rest does.

It's too bad Rise felt like such a disappointment to me. The controls weren't as tight, Lara sucked, the story sucked, the setting sucked. Hopefully the 3rd game (assuming there is one) gets back on track.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

XV is cool. It's got its problems but I had a lot of fun with it and it has really stuck with me.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

Hey, guy, check the deal on the Pro.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

Hideo is the craziest man on this earth.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

I shot him in that scene the first time I ever played through MGS3 and I just can't bring myself to ever actually try the snipe fight against him, no matter how great I hear it is.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

The space battles are v cool

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

RotR is good but not nearly as tight as the first reboot. The story and setting aren't as interesting and there are way too many drat things to pick up between relics, documents, resources, boxes, lockers, caches, etc. The game conditions you to hit the instincts button every 3 seconds and it really throws off the pacing and drive of the story.

I really hope that they streamline the game for the next sequel because that collect-a-thon really bogs Rise down. Also maybe don't do another variation on supernatural enemies with primitive weapons yet again. Also LET US SHOOT A T-REX IN GLORIOUS 4K.

Tombs were a lot better though.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

Except minus no scope headshot bow kills

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

DA:I was fun enough if you played as a Knight Enchanter and hit things good with a giant magical sword.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

Is Persona 5 good enough to have to explain to my gf why I'm playing animes for 100 hours over the next three months?