Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
There has never been a better time to own a Playstation 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Akuma posted:

Or if you want to capture games at 1080p using the built in stuff.

As a Pro user, this is a real good feature.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Elemancy catalyst items such as rare coins that boost your XP from battles by a large amount and furthering it by sleeping in a certain hotel that triples the gained experience. It's comically easy.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Akuma posted:

My only problem with his voice is that he sounds too much like Ben from Full Throttle.

Well thanks, now I want a Witcher point and click adventure game.

"I'm not putting my lips on that."

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Relin posted:

Is there any indicator of a game's install progress from disc? Aside from the system making a different noise - I do it so rarely I was like what is that

Highlight the game on the home screen, press the options button and open up Information.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

MGSV is literally Suikoden is what we're saying.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Winkie01 posted:

Man, I don't know what the hell I am doing or what this is but this Nier: Auromata demo is pretty kickass. Is it already out in Japan and is it any good?

Japan release is February.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Next week can't come soon enough. :allears:

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Will I have needed to play any of the other Yakuza games to know what's going on in Zero?

Nope. Yakuza 0 is a prequel to everything but it'll introduce you to characters that are seen in later games.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Just quotin' this for a new page cos I've watched it about ten times today. It's like something Adult Swim would produce.

I'll be honest. The first thing that popped into my head in this sequence was Xavier: Renegade Angel.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Well I guess I'm getting The Order: 1886. 5 bucks was my threshold.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

First impressions of Yakuza 0:
Story and acting are great as usual.
Graphics are definitely a bit dated but the animations and character models look excellent and seeing a Yakuza game run so smoothly is amazing.
Really glad it seems to have sold out in a lot of places. Hopefully it sends a message to Sega that people want these ports. I can't wait for Kiwami and the fact that six has Takeshi Kitano in it is so cool to me.

0 and Kiwami are going to look dated as they are cross gen games so they were still taking the PS3 into account during development. 6 is the one to pay attention to on visual improvements. But still they look good for what they are.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Oh, Double Dragon 4 is out on the NA store. 7 bucks. Guess I'll check it out tonight.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

It's going on hiatus for now. Probably to focus on other things.

Like a much needed Legacy of Kain game.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Bombadilillo posted:

RE7 chat. I got past the garage and did a video hiding sequence I was led to believe this game was not Alien isolation hiding, which I don't exactly care for. Does that lessen as an empowerment curve, or it this what Im in for. I think Im early enough that I might just restart on easy. The instant death hiding is not fun, it only works if you successfully evade the first time, after that it feels really gamey and scripted.

Advice me.

I think that's the only time you have to do that considering you're playing as another character at that time.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Fix posted:

Yakuza 0 is really enjoyable as my first Yakuza game, but I'm noticing that I'm watching this game more than playing it. Having finished chapter 1, does it expand beyond the 10 minute cutscenes, or am I going to be only occasionally brawling and playing Space Harrier with this thing?

It's going to be all intro stuff for the first couple chapters. After that you can do what you want. Sidestories unlock with each new chapter.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

a bunch of publishers are about to get a lot of really annoying support tickets for dead games

It'll be a few emails in before they start adding disclaimers to their support portals saying "play in not-boosted mode idiots, we're not supporting it".

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

89 posted:

For us lamers that didn't get in on the beta...

...when are we expecting to see this hit an official release? I want Pro upgradessssss

Usually a month.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Lobok posted:

It's called boost mode but I swear everytime I read it it says beast mode.

When you turn it on, Marshawn Lynch shows up and says, "Turn that poo poo on and run through a mufukka."

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Chiming in to say that Boost Mode gives a more consistent framerate in Yakuza 0 in the back parts of Kamurocho that sometimes make the game a little framey. Totally gone from what I can tell.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Shadow225 posted:

I want to buy a charging dock from Amazon for a few controllers. Does anyone have a preference, or is this one satisfactory (won't blow up my controllers).

The one you linked appears to be an official Sony product.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Feenix posted:

Unexpected start to Nioh! Weird hearing English, too!

Your character is based William Adams and if you've ever seen Shogun the miniseries, it's pretty much like that.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Digirat posted:

How do you make Library not always be on the far right of the list?

I don't think you can change that.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Doc Morbid posted:

Does boost mode even do that much for Bloodborne? The game runs at a pretty stable 30 fps but feels choppy overall due to incorrect frame pacing. Boost mode is not going to help with frame pacing issues.

There a few spots in game where it goes sub-30. Boost mode negates that, but yes frame pacing is still a problem.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Doc Morbid posted:

Huh, looks like every Gamestop in this country is sold out of PS4 Pros. Of course, every other store I checked seems to be doing just fine and have plenty of systems in stock. gently caress Gamestop.

(only reason I bother with Gamestop is the fact I live right next to one, was planning to go pick up a Pro today but I guess I'll go for another option)

Real hurthling! posted:

the new gamestop policy where they fire you if you sell a new console and bigger purchases of new stock are worse for the clerks probably makes stocking the pro a really bad idea for regional managers

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

can you elaborate because that makes no sense to me right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uK9qgEQdhQ0

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Neo Rasa posted:

Is there a reason this is in the news everywhere as a "new" GameStop policy? Assuming the person wants used first and then taking the extra step and saying you want used/new isn't here or is worse is like, like literally since 2004 that's been a thing.

http://kotaku.com/new-gamestop-program-leads-employees-to-lie-to-customer-1791874332

Specifically this part:

Anonymous Gamestop Employee posted:

“We are telling people we don’t have new systems in stock so we won’t take a $300 or $400 dollar hit on our pre-owned numbers,” one GameStop employee told me in an e-mail, requesting anonymity because he was not authorized to speak to press. “This is company wide and in discussions with my peers it is a common practice. We also tell customers we don’t have copies of new games in stock when they are on sale—for example, Watch Dogs 2 is currently $29.99 new and $54.99 pre-owned. We just tell them we don’t have the new one in stock and shuffle them out the door.”

Fix posted:

Was there anything in the 4.5 beta about improvements to Remote Play?

Nope, didn't see anything for it.

8-bit Miniboss fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Feb 9, 2017

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Nintendo are finally starting to get their poo poo together with mobile gaming. They've just released a very polished version of Fire Emblem for iOS and I like it.
Their consoles are done. You're a total moron if you buy a switch after the wiiu. It's a 2 horse race.

I'm a total moron and will continue to be.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

man nurse posted:

Goddamn, Uncharted 4 looks intensely awesome on the Pro. The Last Guardian running at a playable framerate is also a plus. I really hope they keep boost mode for the actual release of the next firmware.

The Last Guardian is already Pro enhanced and will ignore boost mode.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

man nurse posted:

I'm aware of that, and I know it won't raise the existing framerate cap of older games, either. But games like Until Dawn could desperately use a hand in maintaining their target framerate.

It does help with Until Dawn but still could do better.

https://youtu.be/BLFatxFg0nM?t=598

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

illBilliam posted:

Ugh, I'm going to get poor-shamed into buying a pro, aren't I?

You already are, plebeian.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Fuzz posted:

How much do you even sell a launch PS4 for nowadays, anyway? Suddenly tempted to upgrade.

Around $200.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Samurai Sanders posted:

The 1.05 patch for FF15 claims it can run at 60fps on the Pro in light mode. It sure doesn't seem like it to me though.

Edit: definitely not in the city but once I got out on the road, maybe. Haven't been in combat yet though.

It definitely doesn't seem to hit it a lot and frame pacing makes it look choppier than it actually is.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Press F to Pay Respects Defeat Sauron

Wrong game.

Press F to kiss Sauron.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

I'm interested in the now upcoming schism between Windjammers and Disc Jam fanatics.

RIP DotEmu though right now.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

rabidsquid posted:

when is nier out anyways, theres too many loving games coming out man. horizon zero dawn tomorrow, then zelda, then i dont loving know. i bought a bunch of drugs in preparation though

March 7th, but you can get it digitally now from the Japanese PSN store, it has English.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I don't think anyone's sad to see it go, given what we saw of it.

Still, :rip:.

Kamiya was inconsolable and blocked everyone on Twitter.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Max Wilco posted:

Still getting acquainted with the PS4 Pro. Is it okay to leave the console on sleep mode for a long time, or is it safer to shut it down completely? One of the things I remember hearing about the PS4 is that you can leave it running and pick up your game instantly from where you left off. However, it seems like it would cause problems with performance after some point.

Rest mode owns, rest that poo poo.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

morallyobjected posted:

https://twitter.com/NieRGame/status/841317935838720001

I like that S-E just has a giant chalkboard wall where people can write good things that have happened

You don't want to see the Bad News Wall. It's just the words Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within. The wall itself is stored in a dank corner of the basement.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I will always look fondly on that movie as the setup to a joke that took years to pay off in Life is Strange

It's a good joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Zaphod42 posted:

Wait when did they change the notifications on PS4?

Ugh I liked it so much better before :negative:

The current 4.50 FW made that change.