Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

Montalvo posted:

Whoever curates the Playstation account on YouTube is a genius.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3vr4El4cmI

Man for some reason this reminded me of terra incognito for ps1, except i think that actually looked better than this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

The Pirate Captain posted:

Well that does not sound great. Thanks anyway.

Get trackmania turbo. it's available very cheap now. it's exceptionally arcadey... late single player game gets more like super meat boy with cars than a 'racing' game, but it's very good fun. Phenomenal multiplayer with a secret mario kart mode (in 4 way split screen is the business) and a very powerful track editor.

this is a pretty accurate impression of what it's all about - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=furu43W-DYg

These are the secret multiplayer modes - https://www.gamefaqs.com/ps4/168637-trackmania-turbo/cheats
They shouldve just had them as a list, the one you want for local mp is 'splitscreen bonus fun' - which is weapons & collisions on. it also has catchup on and random environmental things like earthquakes and magnets - the 'pro' variant turns this off.

cubicle gangster fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Jan 17, 2017

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

blugu64 posted:

And the VR mode is my personal vomit comet

Man I would love to try trackmania in VR. the slow, technical platform tracks I cant stop making would be harrowing.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
I beat diablo 3 and am in adventure mode, and up until this point i've basically been switching my gear to whichever has the most green triangles on. Since I hit adventure mode i've gone up 2 difficulties to torment 2 without much trouble and played for a few hours but nothing i've found is objectively better than what i have.

I tried reading something about how to level up gear in the end game but it seemed like the most incomprehensibly complicated thing. pages of strategies around mix/maxing the stat gains where you get ranges of 16-20%. Is an extra 1% worth it?
There was a section about gambling for good items from the woman and I bought 20 bracers that were all significantly worse than what i'd picked up in act 5 so i'm not really sure what's going on. I can craft items, but every single craftable item is significantly worse than what I got in act 5 too so I don't know what the point of that is (seriously at any point in the game what is the point of someone you can buy/craft weapons from?)

Am I missing something or is it just keep playing for super marginal improvements? I'm totally ok with the game just generating random stuff to do but I was under the impression you kept progressing at a decent rate because there are 13 levels of torment difficulty.

cubicle gangster fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Jan 20, 2017

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

AggroJagg posted:

Are you level 70 yet? If not don't worry about gear.
Once you reach 70 gear sets will start to drop, most were retooled in the last year or so to be super powerful. Most will confer crazy damage boosts like a bonus 1,500%!

Also legendary weapons all get significantly better once they are lvl70 too.
So just aim to grab the 4 or 6 pieces of a gear set as your first goal, after that you should notice things improving.

The blood shard vendor is almost always a crap shoot and is just a way to dump blood shards, don't sweat it.

I probably have a bunch of gear and weapons I can send you, what class do you play?

Also it's really important to go grab Kunais cube, Google up where it is.

I am level 70, paragon level 25 I got one green item (thats a 'set' right) but I got that in act 5. username is neilinnyc

I'm playing as a wizard. tried a couple others but freeze, clone, blizzard and a death ray that doesnt appear to use any arcane power because it recharges so quickly is obscenely powerful.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

DoubleCakes posted:

I remember Dark Cloud 2 being so repetitive that even JRPG-addict teenage me grew bored of it, but if anyone wants to help me see the light on it, it'll be welcome.

I really enjoyed it for about 20 hours, and then I started to realise how grindy and slow progression was becoming and just kind of stopped playing it. well worth the $7.50 i paid for 15 or so solid hours.

how does psychonauts control? I keep hearing great things about it but held off because it is a 'platformer' which I find most of a bit poo poo and it's such an old one too. The story and moments in it sound great though.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Can't you block messages from strangers? I don't get anything.

You can, i did this after I got added to a few of those last week. I assume it's from the goon spreadsheet list and it's being done automatically with a script because i'm not a member of any communities and only play online against people i'm friends with.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

Ramagamma posted:

Finally got round to putting a few hours into FF15 since getting it for Christmas. Love the world, love the asthetic, love everything apart from the combat really, can't get a grasp on how to do it well i guess? Much better than id expected though.

Put it in wait mode and spend more time backing off. while it's nearly impossible to tell because if you hold the button down he keeps attacking anyway, if you do time your presses he does different attacks and stronger ones. it took me a good few hours until i felt like I knew what I was doing with it - or even how anything i was doing was affecting it.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

RC Cola posted:

How is gravity rush 2?

try the demo. it seems to me like a super dated ps2 era style collect poo poo and button mash through fights with a bit of a movement gimmick. i dont get the appeal

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
Yakuza 0 is, much like the others, great. Might be the best? Feels good.
I enjoy the save screen still being designed like the ps3 interface.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Lots of peeps jumping in to Yakuza now. That's good. Maybe the series can be profitable.

It's getting great press. I've seen a few people on facebook asking what the yakuza series is about as they've never heard of it but it looks good. with the release of another 2 in the next 12 months they've got an opportunity for it to pick up a lot of traction. I can see them finally cracking the west and selling a ton.
i'd also like a remake of 2 & 3. then gently caress it, when the ps5 is out just remake 4 & 5 because by then i'll be ready for another play through, alongside yakuza 8.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

89 posted:

How do I stop getting spam posts on PSN about free PSN codes?? I haven't signed up for anything shady for this to happen

set it so you dont get messages from people you're not friends with. people can still ask to be your friend and send an accompanying message fine

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

Slackerish posted:

how many of y'all still play The Division? I'm thinking about getting it but I'm kinda on the fence: is it like Destiny where raids don't have matchmaking and you can only play with people who you invited/invited you?

You can solo the entire story - i'm at 22 hours played and at level 14, about a third of the way through the 'story' i think. there's just a ton of pvp and pve content on top of all that too for the endgame loot collection types.
you can also play with randoms or friends very easily on any of the story missions.

It's also really good. walking around hunting for phone recordings or whichever little story pickups is surprisingly compelling. Some of the story missions are super cool, the lincoln tunnel one is a little bit michael mann.

cubicle gangster fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Jan 26, 2017

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

Samurai Sanders posted:

is it the case that the golden age of vocaloid music is just behind us?

This made me properly snort and laugh out loud, now I'm trying to explain your post to my co-workers and it's going badly.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

Bombadilillo posted:

2. How come I gotta wait a year for them to shove subtitles on more games?

Ha! This is the quickest turnaround the Yakuza series has ever had... Being a fan of the older ones was rough.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
Need for speed rivals is actually pretty good. I thought it wasnt, but i was craving the criterion NFS most wanted and it's pretty close in feel. scratches the same itch for $15 anyway.

I got that double pack that's on sale, is the newer one worth playing at all?

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
I bought that need for speed double pack, enjoying rivals but thought I'd have a go of the street racing reboot and holy poo poo why did they think any of this was a good idea.

Whenever anyone in the world sees a race going on, they just camp out and try their hardest to gently caress you up in their end game cars. to play solo you have to start the game, go through an intensely long loading screen, get into it, pick play solo, then it reloads the entire game again. And in my case - crashes and says I've lost connection to the server. 3 times in a row, so I have to assume that playing solo is broken and doesn't actually do anything.

There's probably a decent game under here but gently caress they do not make it easy to get to. I've been 'playing' for an hour and managed to do half of one race so far. At least 30 minutes sat at loading screens.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
How come a bunch of people in thread have mentioned things being on sale, all I see are COD titles on sale?

Also wasn't Amazon supposed to be doing that 20% off games for a week after release too? I could've sworn it was preorders + first week but I just went to buy nier and it's not on sale for me.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
I do have prime. I'll get in touch with tech support tomorrow.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

Motto posted:

People aren't a hivemind and plenty prefer well-paced, shorter games to ones that they feel are bloated to make a bullet point on the box

After all this discussion I was curious about how long persona 5 really was and holy poo poo lol

Main Story 100h 04m
Completionists 178h 19m

I couldn't imagine spending that long on one game. 50 hours is super long to me now. The witcher only got a pass because it was the only game I had for my ps4 at the time and I lived alone. then I played the DLC over a year later and it alone was like a good length game.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
I just started nier last night and am really enjoying it so far, but lol at everyone saying how great the voice acting is. conversational dialogue is all over the place and the awkward pauses are driving me mad. it was very obviously recorded with each voice actor in complete isolation from each other - which is not a big deal with good direction making sure it all fits & flows well but this is super awkward. I know nearly all v/a is done like that, but they key is to make it not super obvious that's how it was done.

The game is incredible but my impressions from the first 3 hours is that it's the worst voice acting of 2017 so far, I don't know what you are all smoking. The script is fantastic though and it's not something i'd even be bringing up if it weren't for all the posts about it.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

Lakbay posted:

I think this is intentional, but to say more would be major spoilers

I had suspected... maybe i'm too early to complain. it is a nier game after all!

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
I wonder if anyone working at microsoft or sony ever pitched a little r&d team to transfer disk licenses to a digital version then inside the drive there's a clamp which snaps the disc and spits it back in 2 pieces.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

the enemies in Uncharted are not bullet sponges

Yeah but when you don't hit them in the head they don't really give a gently caress and just keep doing what they're doing. You can have a dude take 10 bullets before dying and not be called spongey if he reacts to it better.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
I play flash games on my 128gb ram & dual 1080 machine. Usually while I am waiting for simulations to calculate though so any games I do play have to be very undemanding.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
Edit: ^ there are shitloads of movies where 100+ people die within 90 minutes and a few where it tops 200. Why are you so fixated on Indiana Jones? They were family movies.

Speaking of uncharted, I tried it on ps3 and gave up shortly after the plane crash because even on easy I found it near impossible. I just picked it up again and am going through on the tourist mode and I am still dying a ton. I've died more playing this on tourist than in any other game I've played in the last year. Possibly put together. I just can't wrap my head around how I can be so bad at it. I am normally not this bad at games.

cubicle gangster fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Apr 19, 2017

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

Sakurazuka posted:

Are you sure your controller is connected?

Yeah, I am creeping though it. I can't tell anything apart and can't make jumps for poo poo, and even on tourist the grenade guys are instant kill. Admittedly most of my deaths have been from missing jumps. A solid 8-10 in the jet ski section.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
I am now playing uncharted 2 and enjoying it significantly more than the first. It feels like a lot of the things people said about 4 from the trilogy are actually true in this from the first. Much, much less combat, more options to stealth for a moment etc.
Still it just took me 4 headshots to take a dude down though (yes 3 may have been in his neck but it's pretty shameful) and I'm playing on easy. I still find it really stressful to play, moreso than souls games. Those I feel I can learn and control eventually, but uncharted 2 I'm still running down a dead end with nothing in it then turning to leave to find where I'm supposed to go and getting a shotgun in my back by a dude who spawned where I was standing a moment before. I also can't decide if I'm supposed to push forward because there are infinitely spawning enemies or not because it very often feels like it.
Edit: I guess what I'm getting at is that I don't trust the game. I'm constantly expecting it to do something bullshit with no warning.

cubicle gangster fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Apr 21, 2017

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
I am curious about something to do with persona 5 - everyone says it takes place over a year, and with your days you choose to hit up a dungeon or gently caress about getting stronger. Does this play out like a time limit, is it possible to not have enough time left in the year to complete the story? Or will the game slow the progression of days down to make sure you don't fall behind?

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

Morby posted:

I adored Carmageddon on PC. This PS4 version is hot garbage.

drat, how come? performance or is it stripped down in some way?

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
I bought divinity yesterday but it is really stretching my patience. Is there any way to turn up the autosave frequency? I just lost an hour because I dug up a dirt pile that was a hidden bomb and instant killed my entire party. Then I played for another 40 minutes but lost a game of rock paper scissors which makes me miss out on 2 quests that had opened up the first time. Movement speed is glacial too, takes forever to get around.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

Sakurazuka posted:

It's designed to be played with a m+kb and shows unfortunately

I don't have a problem with this in theorey, but I already turned off voices so I could read the text without distraction as their vo is painfully drawn out & if the movement speed out of combat could be twice as fast I'd be so much more on board.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
No other game has made me feel the way dragons dogma did. Tooling up to go on a journey to a new location, waiting till morning, heading out and hoping I'd make it there before nightfall... And inevitably getting held up, and some horiffic 50ft tall thing coming at me in the dead of night. Climbing up it's back and all over it like a budget shadow of the collosus to jam a sword into it's eye, and the battle lasting till sunrise. Magic was loving great too, felt meaty and incredibly powerful.
I reckon I'm in day 1, it's such an incredible game.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
I just started playing horizon, and it's got super high production values but the lip syncing is so loving bad. Everyone in the main quest is randomly flapping their mouths constantly and any parts that do actually match up to what's being said could also be a random accident by how infrequently it happens. This kind of thing doesn't usually bother me but I'd prefer if they didn't move their mouths at all.
The audio mixing in cut scenes is odd too, there will be big dramatic moments of people shouting while right next to each other and no music or sound effects happening.
I'm only 4 hours in and it seems pretty fun, I'm just surprised by this when the rest of the game is so pristene.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
Also I don't think I really like combat in horizon. Just did the womb of all mother fight, and fighting big machines is just not fun? Trying to plink away with arrows that take ages to get ready while the machines jump about all over the place, slow time isnt anywhere near slow enough and by far the best and most effective way to take something down I am finding is to charge in mashing r1 and chugging health potions. Maybe I am not good enough at aiming using a controller for this game, in a fast paced fight I can't hit anything with my arrows, let alone a tiny yellow square on it's back.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

exquisite tea posted:

go to town on their weak points.

yeah thats my issue, I cant aim for poo poo with this thing. I cant hit a god drat thing unless my target is perfectly still and I can take my time.
I guess i'm too used to console shooters that have a little auto aim or aid, plus the rhythm of button presses to fire an arrow keeps throwing me off. the number of times i've got my aim perfect and gone to shoot, only to then start nocking the arrow is easily more times than i've actually hit machines with the things. the view sensitivity is different depending on having an arrow nocked, being in slow mo, running or crouching too so i'm constantly getting thrown off and over/under shooting my aim.
it's almost, but not quite as bad as prey. that has a constant unpredictable aim speed based on time, but this constantly changes the aim speed based on context. if it stayed the same or let me gently caress with it i'd probably be fine.

cubicle gangster fucked around with this message at 22:21 on May 27, 2017

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Devil Dice, Vagrant Story,

I loved devil dice so much.
I would also kill a man for a highly polished & beautiful remake of vagrant story. plus a 2x speed option. possibly an easy mode, but i was much younger when I played it.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
hows the dmc4 HD version? it's on sale and I remember enjoying it a lot on 360. any issues or poo poo they changed for better or worse?

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

Manatee Cannon posted:

obviously it's to lead in to the dragon's dogma 2 reveal at e3 :colbert:

i'm going to be upset if this doesn't happen now.

cubicle gangster fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Jun 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

turnip kid posted:

There's no comparison. I've only completed the first Yakuza and played bits of the second one, but I didn't enjoy them anywhere near as much as I enjoyed Shenmue II. I guess things have changed in the last decade, but it's a totally different style of game.

we are up to yakuza 6 (which is the 10th yakuza). the first 2 were pretty different to how 3 on ended up feeling.
yakuza 6 looks like it'll capture some of that small town sunny day feel too.