Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Is Diablo 3 supposed to be a cakewalk? It won't let me turn up the difficulty any more until I get an unspecified number of additional skills and legendary items, but the ones I have already are making this game far too easy. I went through the first 30 levels or so last night and was just sorta bored by the end of it. I've only had to back off a fight once and had to heal maybe two or three times in five hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

homeless snail posted:

The worst part about Diablo 3 is the first playthrough of the story, unfortunately. Once you can get into torments, rifts, and adventure mode it becomes a much better and harder (if you want it to be) game.

How long would one have to spend to do that?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Real hurthling! posted:

The story isnt too long. Check hltb.com

LOL 18 hours. What the hell.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Akuma posted:

My only problem with his voice is that he sounds too much like Ben from Full Throttle.

But that game is over 20 years old, so maybe it's ok.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Davincie posted:

puyo puyo tetris got confirmed for western release! 30 bucks, physical only

I thought that Sony wasn't allowing that or something.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

rabidsquid posted:

https://twitter.com/LennyReviews/status/821224344089149440

these two posts are really great together after you watch this short clip

I've never played a Yakuza game before.

Now I'm preordering this thing, thanks.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Plus, it's only $40 on the shop right now.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Yakuza 0 is really enjoyable as my first Yakuza game, but I'm noticing that I'm watching this game more than playing it. Having finished chapter 1, does it expand beyond the 10 minute cutscenes, or am I going to be only occasionally brawling and playing Space Harrier with this thing?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

As a newb to the series, I haven't felt as good about buying new as I have about Yakuza 0 for a long time. This is delightful in the weirdest ways. It's so terribly schlocky and so brilliantly schlocky and so fundamentally Sega it's driving me nuts. It's like "we've learned nothing about cameras for 20 years. We've been too busy honing everything else. Go hog wild."

I like this game.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Someone with boost mode play EDF.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Is there a specific article out there that goes through the step by step of upgrading to a Pro? Like what kind of backing up I have to do in order to trade in my system?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Ok, thanks, guys.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Wow, Yakuza 0's bowling game is on point! Gonna earn me that chicken manager.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Couldn't tell you. It's just a good error mitigation game. You set your position against center of lane with a fast moving pendulum, hit a timing game for direction and power, and then set your spin accordingly on a time limit. It's actually really sharp.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Discovered fishing, shoji, and pool in Yakuza tonight, and saw but didn't play darts. It was a good night. I'm a whore for a good minigame. I never imagined that so many good takes were in one place.

Holy poo poo, is there pachinko? There's gotta be, right?

Fix fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Feb 7, 2017

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Samurai Sanders posted:

Pachinko is only in one or two games I think, and not 0 afaik. I think it's especially expensive to license.

How the hell can that be?

Oh right. Yakuza.

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Check the Sega Arcades. They are worth it always.

Waiting for the Virtua Fighter arcade. Outrun was cool, but better on the 3ds, to be honest.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Was there anything in the 4.5 beta about improvements to Remote Play?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Dude at Gamestop told me he could give me $175 for trading in my OG ps4 for a Pro, so I guess I'll be doing that tomorrow. Backing up now (9 hours to go, lol)

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Is the max HDD size still 2TB on the Pro?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Real hurthling! posted:

the max size is the biggest laptop size they make currently i think. in a month or two you can do up to 8 tb's externally when the patch is out

Oh, wait, can I just run things off an external drive via USB and keep the stock 1TB drive in there?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Ohhhhh, ok. That makes much better sense. Thanks.

I gotta wonder how this system restore thing is going to go if the old system I'm copying off of hase 1.5TB worth of stuff and I'm doing a restore to a 1TB drive, then. Maybe I ought to keep the old 2TB drive and find a little 512 to plug into the old system before trading it in.

Fix fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Feb 13, 2017

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The For Honor modes beside Dominion look all right, if there is time between Nioh and Nier I might rent it

Totally going to buy it on sale some day. Sorry, lurking Ubi employees.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Look, are you a Pro, or a Zero?

Tomorrow! I got the whole system wiped and the HDD replaced today. Trading in and buying a pro in the morning. One more HD swap and a backup and I'll be back up and running! Really excited.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

:swoon:

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Whoo! Pro acquired!

Now to wait the 7 hours for my system restore before I can get back to Yakuza. :negative:

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Real hurthling! posted:

bandai namco gave a press event today. ni no kuni 2 is replacing familiars with something called higaldees that function much in the same way as pikmin that can be commanded to dogpile enemies or cast elemental spells. no battle transitions either. you just fight the monsters in the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fo7xdEjzyI

Weird.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Yakuza 0 is so good.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Guillermus posted:

I've never played a Yakuza game. I've never seen gameplay of a Yakuza game before 0. Is it normal that I want to buy it just because of its silly humor and beat everything down?

That was where I was up till a week ago. I do not regret my purchase in the slightest.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Samurai Sanders posted:

Holy lol Berserk Musou really is called Berserk and the Band of the Hawk in English. What were their meetings like where they decided that title?

Quick clarification: Is it "Berserk and the Band of the Hawk"
or
"Berserk and the Band of the Hawk in English."

Because I don't put anything past them.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

SiKboy posted:

They probably told me somewhere in the game and I just missed it, but I'm a decent chunk into Yakuza 0 (I've unlocked the property minigame with Kiryu and bought some stuff), and it was only after googling it from seeing comments on this page that I found out "down" on the d-pad actually used the weapons you had equipped in slots. I kind of assumed that it was a passive stat boost like the accessories/armour.

Whaaaaaaat? Well that's going to make tonight's session a lot more fun.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I was just using it on a mac for the same game, and didn't really have any problems like that.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Hey, that Nier demo was pretty damned legit. Another one to add to the list, I guess.

This list is... uh... getting kinda long here.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

veni veni veni posted:

So if I like Platinum games and I like RPG's, but I find JPRG's really tedious and uninteresting no matter how hard I try to like them, how safe of a buy is Nier?

Have you got a backlog?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Digirat posted:

you should really be able to link your account with imgur and upload screens to it.

Are there any sharing alternatives to the four listed that I'm missing?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

veni veni veni posted:

One that has more than one game for it with good games coming out in the foreseeable future.

SNES: garbage console.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Yeah, I got about 8 minutes into that and had to stop.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Sort of the point.

I don't get it.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Boost mode really did a favor for Yakuza 0. I can run and turn full speed and no longer get any of the slowdown or screen tearing I was getting before. Good stuff!

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I just crossed the 60 hour mark in Yakuza0 and it says I'm at like 40% completion and my mind is not accepting this as possible. It's been forever since I put this much time into one game. It's just not something I do anymore, and I'm loving the hell out of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I haven't even found the colosseum yet.