Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Ok i'm lost how do I unlock the next level for each difficulty in Resogun I think I read you have to do each level in every difficulty? Doesn't seem to be normal level progression

or does online co-op not apply?

IIRC, each difficulty you gotta start at stage one and go from there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boz
Oct 16, 2005

TaurusOxford posted:

Final Fantasy XV platinum trophy acquired. I am the 4.1% :smug:

Not to knock you or anything, but I was surprised at how non-demanding the Platinum was compared to most games.

The most time consuming thing for me was leveling Glady's survival.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

If I combine those with and run it through my OG ps4 will I get better frame rate

Isn't this the plot of Chappie

boz
Oct 16, 2005

el oso posted:

Is it worth waiting to get a Pro for TLG, or is the performance fine already?

I played through it on the OG PS4 and it was just fine for me. I've also played through ICO and SotC so I may just be used to the jank.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Which will be shitcanned first, Stick of truth or Ubisoft??

That game came out, the sequel was delayed.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Spuzzz posted:

Did they change how to close apps? Hulu has a bad habit of freezing but now I can only delete it, not close it. I would rather not reboot the whole PS4 every time this lovely app freezes.

Hold the ps button then exit the app at the top. Don't know why they changed this for media apps.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Bombadilillo posted:

Yeah

That's a trope lots fall into. See Horizon Zero Dawn in the facility under the collosium fall into the same exact thing. Guess they never checked where these giant vents went.

I guess Indiana Jones needs Nazi's to punch waves of random to shoot. But that led to a lot of game journalists' hilariously unironic epiphany that "Drake is a mass murderer!!!" so its a net win in my book.

Why bother spoiler tagging something if you don't put what you're spoiling first?

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Scorps posted:

FF15 leveling stuff.

Dang I did this but I kept running back and forth on a chocobo. All that time I could have saved.

Oh well, my 7 month old laughed every time I rode one.

boz
Oct 16, 2005
Berseria was the first JRPG I played in ages where the requisite child character actually added to the story and wasn't annoying.

boz
Oct 16, 2005
For anyone looking for a new controller to use:

Hadn't seen it mentioned here before. Recently I've been looking for an alternative to a scuf controller (bought one for Christmas and one of the paddles is already messed up, out of warranty unfortunately) and those official ps4 controllers don't look too be coming stateside anytime soon.

I read about the Cronusmax Plus online and gave it a shot since the reviews seemed good.

What it is is a USB passthrough that you connect any controller you want to the other side. Could be a 360 controller, you can even plug a Bluetooth usb stick into it and use a Wii U pro controller.

Bought an Xbox one elite controller to go with it and it works amazing. Also drat it is a nice controller.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Fix posted:

Looks like that setup costs about $210 overall? Is that right?

If you buy it all outright. GameStop actually sells the Cronusmax so if you have some extra crap lying around to trade it isn't so bad.

boz fucked around with this message at 20:56 on May 10, 2017

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Thanks for this

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Awesome! posted:

huh?

it looks like monster hunter to me

It looked like Horizon: Monster Hunter Dawn

boz
Oct 16, 2005
Has the PS4 always let you go from Digital -> Disc without reinstalling and updating again? I'm not sure if i'm thinking of Disc -> Digital or if I've never done this before.

boz
Oct 16, 2005
I jumped in whole hog with Elite. After playing it for an evening I ran over to best buy and picked up the Hotas 4 stick. Been in love with it ever since. But like others have said, you have to enjoy space trading and/or combat, since that's pretty much the bulk of things to do. Exploring can also be fun, finding and putting your name on a system noone else has been to is a cool feeling.

Now is a great time to get in, what with an alien invasion about to happen.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Doctor Zero posted:

What's the PS4 equivalent of an Xbox elite controller? I really want paddles.

Get a Cronusmax and use the elite controller. It's great.

boz
Oct 16, 2005
Hadn't seen it mentioned, but I may have missed it. Did anyone mention the PUBGesque game mode for Fortnite that will be free for everyone (whether you own Fortnite or not) on the 26th. As someone who has a lovely pc, I'm excited to play a battle royale type game.

Have been watching people play on twitch and it looks like a fun time.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

It's so good, won my second match with three kills.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Feenix posted:

I get the kind of hardcore strategy involved with being killed within 5 seconds of touching disown. I guess what makes it suck is how slow and lovely it is getting into the next game. Like, nearly 5 min of loading and some skydiving and then, oop, time to start the loading all over.

Considering each match has about 100 people in it, that's pretty dang fast.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Fedule posted:

My TV & Video "app" has been busted for the last two months. It just hangs on the system background when you open it, possibly but not always displaying the loading icon with the symbols. I have to load Netflix through the Library. I've heard of this being an intermittent problem before but it's been literal months. What's going on?

Do you use an animated theme? I always find that they slow down my PS4 menus.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

CVagts posted:

Understandable. I asked it the way I did because I know there's a lot more depth to Monster Hunter than what was available in the beta, and I'm just trying to get a grasp on what it is.

I'll probably just watch some livestreams of the full game once it comes out. That'll probably help me understand what the game is.

Monster Hunter Game Loop:

1. You are in a town, select a mission to hunt a monster.
2. Get transported to a map similar to the ones from the beta, hunt said monster.
3. Return to town, use pieces carved from dead monster to make new weapons and hats.
4. Repeat.

It's simple, numbers go up, everybody happy.

boz
Oct 16, 2005
The photo mode is great, and will probably get me killed many times.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

sudo rm -rf posted:

do you guys remember how the ps4's availability was during it's launch window? i wasn't paying much attention at the time.

Wasn't horrible for me to get one but I had to get it in a bundle with an extra controller and Battlefield 4.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

JBP posted:

It's 100% worth it. Gears Tactics is also surprisingly excellent light xcom.

Are there any plans to bring it up to parity with console gamepass or is it always gonna be less on pc?

boz
Oct 16, 2005

JBP posted:

It's $10aud on pc now up from $5. I think it's still $1 to upgrade to Xbox/PC gamepass. A bunch of goons worked out how to buy months in advance too, so they locked in 2 years for $120 lol. $5 cheaper than one copy of Australian demon's souls.

Ah poo poo I meant to type is the game selection every gonna be up to parity, half asleep sorry.

boz
Oct 16, 2005
That bunch of PS4 games they are giving out, is that gonna be just for people who buy the PS5 or are those gonna be for everyone with PS+?

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Does the first one have online coop?

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Shirkelton posted:

Did it really not? What the gently caress.

Yeah I just booted it up, the 2-4 network players are for the LAN mode haha.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

The whole 'collecting parts to upgrade your gear' in Horizon was so half baked it might as well not have existed at all and definitely something that's needs sorting out for the sequel

That it doesn't exist at all in Frozen Wilds at least makes me think they realised that.

I hope they go whole hog Monster Hunter in the sequel.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

It's true the next Monster Hunter does indeed look rad

Yeah give me a monster hunter with no stupid rear end clutch claw.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Sjs00 posted:

so I have PSVR should I be playing Alyx instead of Saints and Sinners

It's only on PC.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

fridge corn posted:

Which is the preferred audio track for ghost of tsushima, english or japanese?

If your an anime person I think Zoro is the VA for the main character.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Cardiovorax posted:

That is actually a common problem even with certain PC games. I couldn't tell you the specifics, but it has something to do with how the game runs through certain loops that are normally limited by what is actually going on in the game and become unlimited by the unusual state of not actually being the active task and on-screen. It's a bit like how menus in games can make them suddenly try to start running at 1000+ FPS and melt down your graphics card.

Also a common thing seems to be some menus being uncapped sometimes.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

CharlestheHammer posted:

Eh it’s probably deeper than 99% of games and feels like it’s trying to say something. Which even for games with critically acclaimed stories they don’t really feel like they are trying that. Which isn’t a big deal but it’s nice to see a game be a bit more ambitious.

It’s also what’s nice about the Metal gear games even if Kojima isn’t a very good writer

My favorite part about the game is that you can tell how they feel about achievements.

You can buy all the achievements you don't have from a vendor.

boz
Oct 16, 2005
After 3 nights of watching I finally finished that Tokimeki Memorial review and holy poo poo.....

It was worth it.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

the pivot into discussing idealization, cultural norms, constructed masculinity, misogyny, objectification etc was pretty great.

the whole bit about how the devs made the shiori ending pretty much impossible to do naturally, the purpose of that from a design/narrative/psychology standpoint, and what it says about people who meticulously deconstructed and manipulated the experience so that she would love them is a pretty good symbolic companion to the cultural filth of the pick up artist scene. i dunno the dude really did his homework imo

I like the random life experiences he peppers into everything and drat I want to read one of these stories he's written.

boz
Oct 16, 2005
It's funny cause a lot of people (including me) thought he wasn't going to be as present as he is.

He did great.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Ineffiable posted:

I started persona 5 Royale last night and I'm already like ten hours in and very impressed.
I thought this was basically P5 with an extra 20 hours of content at the end but there is a ton of quality of life improvements like better hints on now to talk to demons, more stuff to do in mementos, the thieves den and more.

Even if you've played P5, if you're up for playing it again, Royal is the way to go. It's basically better in every way possible and the only slight against it that was when it originally came out it was a full $60 game with no upgrades for current P5 owners. It's been like three years since I did P5 and I'm still enjoying it all ovet again.

Well worth the $30 or less price if you get it on sale.

I love starting every encounter with refilled bullets.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Policenaut posted:

Kane and Lynch's multiplayer kicked rear end and I had a ton of fun with it, too bad no one's decided to steal it.

I'm still waiting for someone to do the multiplayer from Splinter Cell again with the two spies and two mercs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boz
Oct 16, 2005

rabidsquid posted:

that statement from CDPR makes me feel like they're not going to make any attempt to fix the AI since they made a point of mentioning how happy they are with the PC release

I do think it would be funny if the npcs had schedules and you just see a huge exodus every day to and from the megabuildings.

boz fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Jan 14, 2021