Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
So my family got together unexpectedly and got me a psVR and Skyrim, which is really cool.

How essential is a pro? Will I be fine with my standard PS4 or is it all but unplayable?

E: just found the VR thread, sorry!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

It blows my mind that people would suggest skipping UC3. What a loving terrible suggestion.

Play them all. :colbert:

They’re all so fun, why deprive yourself?

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Real hurthling! posted:

If they make dark souls they gotta split the money with bandai

They'll make devil souls or dragon souls or darkwing duck souls and keep all that loot

You Got Dangerous

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Me and my friends are enjoying the absolute hell out of Gang Beasts, but we seriously spend 95% of the time trying to form a party and not being able to connect. The game is incredible and silly, just let me play it a little on your absolute poo poo server.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Did they ever fix For Honor before it died? That game was so fun at launch but the servers were absolute poo poo and they kept pulling maps when they only had like 5 to start with. Ubisoft really gave their player base the finger by not fixing anything and having the gall to attach loot boxes to it.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

The only other decent use of the DS4 so far is rubbing the touchpad in NieR to pet my pod.

I always thought the spray paint in Infamous: Second Son worked really well.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

CrRoMa posted:

Let me tell you about the Uncharted games...

They all hold up well enough to buy the collection and play them all in order.

Also Bloodborne is the poo poo.

Rolo fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Jan 8, 2018

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Shadow225 posted:

Most of this list will be arena stuff rather than campaign.

Overcooked - You're all in a kitchen and you need to fulfill orders. You will need to chop onions, throw them in pots, plate the meals, send the meals out, clean the dishes, and put out the fire that ROB CAUSED BY LEAVING THE SOUP ON THE STOVE TOO LONG all while navigating shifting shelves or cooking in the trailers of two racing big rigs. Look up videos; it's one of the best coop games in a long time.

Towerfall Ascension - Imagine the Super Mario Bros Arcade Game but everyone has 5 arrows. Great arena brawler.

CRAWL - Dungeon Crawl where one player is the hero and the other players control traps and monsters trying to kill said hero. Once a player kills the hero, they swap places. First player to get their hero to like level 7 wins.

Starwhal - Control very floppy narwhals in space arenas as you fly around and try to pierce each other's hearts with your horn.

Speedrunners - 2D Mario Kart. You race around a level as the sides of the screen close in on you. If you collide with the side of the screen, you die. Fire power ups, slide, and grapple hook your way to victory.

Ultimate Chicken Horse - Platformer where every round that all players fail, each player is awarded with a piece they can add to the level. You can be nice and add stairs, or you can add an auto arrow launcher that fires arrows at spawn. Your choice.

Lethal League - Battle Pong. Every time you hit the ball, it gains your color and you can't be hit by it until another player hits it. Every time you hit the ball it also gains speed to the point where you encounter DBZ level hits to rifle the ball at your opponents. Goal is to be the last person standing by not getting hit by the ball.

Rocket League - Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars Soccer.

JackBox Party Pack ( or 2, or 3, or 4) - Better for parties than just you and a bro, but a collection of modern Pictionary and Baldurdash (or Apples to Apples) that people can play with a smart phone rather than a controller.

Borderlands: The Handsome Collection - Ports of Borderlands 2 and the Pre Sequel with all of the DLC. Still probably the best Coop Shooter RPG out there.

EARTH DEFENSE FORCE 4.1 - Post of Earth Defense Force 2025. Giant Insects are invading the planet and it is up to you and your arsenal of Rocket Launchers and Plasma Cannons to deter them. Features about 90 levels and 5 difficulties which all have different weapon drops. There are 4 classes that range from a normal soldier to an anime girl with a jet pack for diversity of playstyles. The graphics are slaw if that concerns you, but the game is much more interested in being a campy version of the platonic ideal of a video game as imagined by a 6 year old. This only plays 2 locally, unfortunately.

One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 - Dynasty Warriors in the One Piece anime universe. That is enough to tell you if you like it or not. This only plays 2, unfortunately.

Rayman Legends - Beautiful 2D Platformer that is among one of the greatest of all time. Tons of content here.

Unfortunately, last gen spoiled us with the 360's focus on local gaming via the Halo and Gears of War games. Even for online coop campaigns, there aren't a lot there. It feels like everything is either a Rogue-Like, RPG, Sports Game, Indie Platformer, or Online Multiplayer FPS/Lootbox Fiesta this gen. You can combine or cross reference this list with the one in the OP.

Don’t forget BroForce :patriot:

Play it while drinking.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I started souls games when I got my PS4, so I loved all the ones available and never played 1.

Will it show excessive aging or will I love it? I mean 2 and BB were also PS3 level and those are still incredibly good remastered games.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
That’ll teach me for writing a post before waking up fully. I just meant something along the lines of “dark souls is an older game, but they remastered BB and 2 really well, and they’re roughly from the same era.”

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Plus refinement that may have come from making multiple entries. I liked 2 a lot but loved 3. It felt more polished.

I’ve also heard 1 is better than 2 anyways so I’m probably worried about nothing.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Manatee Cannon posted:

bloodborne was and is a ps4 exclusive. there was never a remaster

Oh oops, thought it was a PS3 game initially.

E: I am really cocking this up.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

rabidsquid posted:

do y'all really live in a place with like, one tv and yet multiple consoles and everyone who wants to watch netflix can only use that one tv.

Yes.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Playing Dark Souls 2 to get hype for the one remaster. Already done 3 to death and finished BB recently so this is next on the list. Some observations:

-People are playing it, which is cool. Not having issues getting summoned.

-Soul memory is my least favorite thing about this game. I like just chilling sometimes and helping kill a fun boss. Don’t punish me for doing it too many times by not letting me get summoned anymore.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

1redflag posted:

Sonic Mania is good, right? I loved Sonic & Knuckles 3, but Sonic 4 disappointed me, so I'm a little gun-shy.

I never played anything 2D since 3&K and I liked Mania a lot.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Is COD WW2 worth 60 drat dollars? I liked MW1 and 2, all the BLOPS are ok, battlefield 1 I don’t like.

I have friends that want to get on it and I was wondering if it’s worth the premium now that it’s been out a while and people probably have a good grip of what it’s worth.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

kirbysuperstar posted:

Unless you really really want the WW2 weapons and stuff you're probably better off with a cheap copy of Black Ops 3 or something.

I have BlOps3 already and think it’s only ok. I don’t really care about WW2 weapons. I’m feeling I may let them get it and skip it myself.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

SubponticatePoster posted:

No, it's loving godawful. However, Infinite Warfare is on sale this weekend for <$20 and there's a large group of goons that play it every night if you're looking for shootymans. Talk your friends into buying IW instead.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Titanfall 2 was made by former MW devs and I think it’s still on sale.

They’re already getting WW2 so it’s basically me buy it and play with them or don’t. I don’t mind not getting it if it’s not a great game. I’m not in a rush to drop 60 bones.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Just finished DS2 for a second time and really liked playing it single player only.

I just blasted STR and HP and laughed my way through every boss.

Also the almost secret “dual wield” you can do with 2 great clubs when your STR is 1.5 the one handed requirement is hilarious. I was one shotting everything into bedrock.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Manatee Cannon posted:

it's not so much harder as it is different. sometimes for the better and sometimes... not

gently caress sotfs iron keep

It’s great except that one open area where like 6 dudes rush you while 5 shoot at you. There’s nothing to do but take the safe sniper route and hope you beat the hardest boss in the game your first try.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
How much (very rough) data does a PS4 chug compared to something like Netflix 1080p? I know it’s incredibly specific on situation but I’ve never even looked at ballpark numbers before because I’ve never had to.

I may be moving to an apartment I like across town but the only ISP has a mother loving data cap on fiber internet set to 1Tb/mo.

If I’m single and just Netflix and PS4 a few hours a day I’m probably not even close right? I don’t download more than like 1 big game a month, if any.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Ok good.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Boogalo posted:

I spent 2 hours tonight getting wrecked by shadows on ng+2. They have so much health :cry:

It’s been awhile, is that the boss that’s just three people that get super freaky as they get hurt?

That and the witch that summons poo poo gave me anxiety. I hate boss battles with lots of poo poo to deal with at once.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Akuma posted:

I find it really hard to vary my weapons in those games, I don’t know why.

God, same. I’ve beaten BB once, DS2 twice and DS3 3-4 times. I always end up doing what I know, high strength heavy idiot weapons. Never magic, pyro, dex, anything else.

The only weapon I used in BB was the heavy axe you start with.

I should really play again...

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Escobarbarian posted:

Magic in games is for dorks

I never bothered figuring out all the different stats and items needed when I can just add everything to strength and hit someone into orbit with a tree trunk.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Come on guys, everything is terrible.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

fruit on the bottom posted:

Bloodborne 2: For A Few Echoes More

Give me bloodborne 2 for real though, I’m so ready.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Super Grocery Kart posted:

I noticed this thread seemed to be mostly thumbs down on CoD:WW2. Is it really that bad? WaW was my jam back in the day. At least, until the PS3 was cracked and WaW was one of the games that got busted wide open. I enjoyed the slower pace and slightly more thoughtful gunplay. Does it recapture any of that?

I ended up getting it anyways to play with 3 other friends online and I like it a lot more than Battlefield 1.

The weapons in WW2 do all kill very easily. So go rush some faces with an assault rifle and have fun.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I like buying new systems when the change is gonna be very very noticeable. I went from a ps3 and 720p tiny tv, had a bad day and treated myself to a 50” 1080p and a PS4 a few years ago and it was magical.

So I’m gonna wait and bundle a ps5, psvr2 and whatever the insane tv resolution is at the time in about 55 inches.

I’m assuming like 2020? Whenever.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Got Horizon ZD on sale because I heard it was good and not only have I never played it, I’ve never even seen it in person.

Sounds like I made a good pick.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Lieutenant Raymond you got no legs

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

veni veni veni posted:

Playdead is releasing a $375 collectors edition of Inside in collaboration with Realdoll and they won't say what it actually is :v:

https://store.iam8bit.com/collections/playdead/products/inside-collector-s-edition

Holy poo poo it is definitely a real-doll-flesh endgame monster. Somebody buy it. Prove me wrong. And for the love of jeebus buy Inside if you haven’t played it.

Also, the best best open world game ever isn’t even on PS4 or PC :smug:

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I’ve skipped most scary games because they just get to me. Never even tried anything like Silent Hill. Nope nope nope. Even certain parts of Souls games give me the willies.

That being said, I’m about halfway through RE7:VR and not only am I proud of myself, I have officially experienced fear sweat.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The games list for that Genesis/Mega Drive collection have been revealed. Mostly the same as the PS3 version, but a few new titles of note...

The lack of Ecco, Sonic 3, and S&K are weird omissions though, as the PS3 collection had them. Here's the announcement article with all the games and features.

Yeah what the hell.

I mean Altered Beast is the best game ever so who cares but dang.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Is a network test basically a free beta weekend or something?

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Manatee Cannon posted:

you could think of it like that. they've been doing this since dark souls 2

I got on the train late as far as discovering these games, so that’s cool! Hell yeah I’ll test it on my PS4 and Switch so I can decide between the two.

^^^Exactly. Getting to see how it compares for free is tight.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Imhotep posted:

drat I forgot about this or assumed it might be a Switch only thing, but does anyone know what the ds2 ‘network test’ entailed? Was it like only the beginning area with the chance to do PvP etc? I’m incredibly excited and I would have a dedicated Demon’s Souls machine but my PS3 just turns off immediately when I turn it on. There’s tutorials on how to fix it but some of them seemed sketchy, like wedding a piece of rubber or something squishy between two parts.. I’m sure there’s a proper way to fix it but the few videos I saw were workarounds (one of which worked for me for a while, you just eject and then insert a disc immediately after it turns on and there’s a small chance it stays on).

Idk though, play ds2 isn’t too bad but I’ve been spoiled by current gen souls *feel*..

Just did a little reading about the new test and all I can seem to find is that it will be a “certain part” that lets you use the network features, so shrug.

Is there any trend in how close to release they run these tests?

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I raid tombs and tomb accessories.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Real hurthling! posted:

Rise of the gamestop used inventory

Haha

Seventeen Dollars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

I wonder if they’ll ruin it by attaching it to another full price game for like a year. I would’ve bought MW1 for 40 bucks when it came out but now forget it and infinity warfare.