Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Another Obsidian screw up oh wait

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Jimbot posted:

They'd just have to come out and say they're not competing with the competition and are doing their own things and the enthusiast press will jump through any logical hoops to defend it. If you really think about it, Nintendo enjoys a level of consumer love that just about any corporation would kill to have. They can pretty much do no wrong.

lol

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

How's the season pass?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Are there loot boxes?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Do you get some free loot boxes with the season pass?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Awesome value!

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

The Batmobile is fine, it's the Bat-Tank that gets a bit annoying.

The game is still great.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

It's up now, game is great and is gonna do really well. :)

How does it compare to Steep?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

It's the first good multiplayer game in a long time where you're not just shooting people. I think people are writing it off unfairly because it's something unfamiliar.

I'm writing it off because it's a Ubisoft game with a season pass and loot boxes but p2p based multiplayer and Ubisoft seem to be pumping out all these multiplayer games at an incredible rate.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Wandle Cax posted:

It's been said many times now the season pass they do now has changed in that it's not required for any of the new DLC maps modes etc.

So it's literally as worthless as the Watch Dogs 2 dlc?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

rabidsquid posted:

fallout 4 with a $50 season pass that has exactly one story dlc, lmao. i still contend the fuckery they did with their season pass cost and dlcs was more revolving around some weird attempt to trick people into still paying for mods, but as of yet they're the kings

By december of last year I could have picked up a copy of Watch Dogs 2 for less than the season pass.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Policenaut posted:

The season pass is just microtransaction loot boxes, XP boosters, some new characters, and "early VIP access" to new content. And they're charging $40 USD for it.

I'd joke about a season pass costing more than the game but I'm pretty sure that exists already.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Fuzz posted:

Better question: Who the gently caress plays open world Bethesda games on anything other than PC, with lots of mods? The base games are always rife with horrid bullshit, mods are what make them playable and good.

I played a shitload of New Vegas on 360 but I don't know if that counts.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Also the developers at every step along the way for five years told people the trilogy would absolutely not end in an arbitrary choice. Whoops.

The ending to Mass Effect 2 was cool and dynamic, better not do that again

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

The ending to Mass Effect 3 involves the player being badly injured and walking slowly down a hallway which is always fun in videogames.

Mass Effect the first had the best villain.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

polish sausage posted:

Yeah I agree saren was better but it seemed like harbinger had so much potential that I was super ready to see it all culminate into something final and amazing in ME3. but gently caress me I get Kai leng, I guess.

No I meant Sovereign, I love it's cool voice.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Mass Effect 3 is the superior Bioware game despite it being only half a good game and half an awful one. Dragon Age 2 is just that bad.

Having said that, I'm adopting a wait and see approach with Andromeda. I like the ideas and concept behind what they've shown so far, but I just don't trust modern Bioware to not completely gently caress it up.

I got fooled by the positive reception to the last Dragon Age so I'm taking a wait and wait approach.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I enjoy GTAV online for the stuff that doesn't require lobbies, is it fair to complain about the lovely matchmaking given the crazy userbase size?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Neither are possible with bethesdas current devs

It would be cool when some bandit you killed comes back for revenge but he is still decapitated and his skull is floating above his neck. Also the various nemesis in a Bethesda game have a total of ten different personalities and a single voice actor.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Watch Dogs 2 is not a Assassins Creed to Assassins Creed two jump in quality.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Maybe telling a story in ten minute scenes between hour long shooting segments doesn't work that well for some people.

I do however like the Witcher 3 despite this because most of the filler parts feel more like the day to day life of a Witcher.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Story based games need to learn pacing.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Final Fantasy quality is more based on the depth of the combat system and not the story. The FF7 remake would be much better if it had Bravely Default's battle mechanics so I could heavily customise my character and skip any combat I wanted to avoid.

Also lol at RDR "getting a pass."

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I have a lot of problems with GTA Online (mostly the bad networking) but I never felt too poor to buy stuff I actually wanted.

What I'd like to see in Red Dead Online is a focus on open world stuff instead of matchmaking and instances.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

The weekly Xbox derail in the PS4 thread is going swell.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I'm thinking about getting a Pro depending on how E3 turns out, have Sony andded some kind of group-finding system like the Xbox has?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

veni veni veni posted:

Your going to be more specific. There's communities which links people up, but in my experience they are used much. The party system works just like Xbox now, and you can link up via group chat threads.

I'm not talking about the party system, I'm talking about a Looking for Group alternative.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

Ms showed no new games - very successful

Sony doesnt have crossplay in ms' own 3rd party game - a troubling sign for the company

lol Jesus Christ.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

spudsbuckley posted:

Sony don't need crossplay for Minecraft because their install base is bigger than the Bone, Wii U and Switch put together.

If someone wants to play Minecraft with friends they'll more than likely do so on their PS4s that all of them will probably own already.

lol

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Can't wait to see which games show up at E3 again next year!

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Days Gone could really use a father/child relationship.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

If you do not own the console for the corresponding games thread you should be banished to the land of wind and ghosts.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

So is cross platform play just as bad as backward compibility now?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

ya people pointing at Sony but snubbing their nose when Xbox was on top and did the same thing to Sony, like the final fantasy no

So being like the Xbox 360 is a good thing? Heh

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

My favourite part of the Skyrim vr footage is when a giant hits the player with that attack that would famously send you flying into the sky and now nothing happens.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

veni veni veni posted:

I hope they make the new Monster Hunter game not super boring like the rest of them.

It's hard to come up with a game as exciting as Skyrim I guess.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Bethesda managing two release not one but two seperate ports of Skyrim on the PS4 is some pro level milking.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

He compared it to Dark Souls because you die a lot, he sepecifically quoted "Prepare to Die" from the pc port. It's right there in the snippet.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Is the Destiny 2 beta seriously just the stuf from e3?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

My launch title was that Lego Marvel port and the game I was looking forward to was the LittleBigPlanet sequel. Awesome stuff.