Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seymour Buttz
Apr 26, 2006

Dog controls your destiny.

Speaking of where controls are going in the near future, I really hope gyro aiming becomes the norm sooner than later.

I was never a PC gamer, so I never really understood why mouse+KB people hated on stick aiming so much, then I tried stick + gyro aiming and holy poo poo. Stick aiming is no longer fun and feels like poo poo after experiencing that.

It's possible for developers to do it with the DS4 as far as I know, but it feels really late in the console's life cycle for a feature like that to catch on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seymour Buttz
Apr 26, 2006

Sorry to interrupt the discussion about the stupid-rear end android sex game but I have a PSVR question.

What is the absolute best way to buy PSVR? I'm seeing a lot of different bundles etc and I'm not sure what I should do. All I have is a regular PS4. I want to use it for Doom, Skyrim, and gimmicky stuff/whatever shooty things are going to come out. I'm assuming it's only really worth it if you go full-hog and get the wands?

Seymour Buttz
Apr 26, 2006

Kilometers Davis posted:

If I was buying one today I would probably go for the Skyrim bundle. Seems like a great way to jump in and Skyrim VR is the coolest poo poo in the world.

Thanks man that's what I'll aim to get then.

Le Saboteur posted:

Why would anyone buy fuckin PSVR at this point, that seems like a near dead peripheral as is.

Hey gently caress you too buddy. I don't own a PC or a Samsung phone, so the other VR things aren't really an option for me. I use my PS4 for most things (streaming etc) and it's my main gaming console so if I want VR, PSVR is pretty much my only option as far as I can tell. Am I wrong?

Seymour Buttz
Apr 26, 2006

God of War question:

I've been enjoying the game a lot but I'm ready to wrap up the main story and play some Yakuza. If I'm in the process of flipping the room with all the realm doors in Odin's house, about how much is left in the main story?

Seymour Buttz
Apr 26, 2006

So is there a real connection between P.T. and Death Stranding, or was that done away with? Am I wrong that the photo he holds in the trailer and Reedus' Fetus™ are references to P.T.?

I'm confused by the whole Konami / Kojima split and what effect that had on the project.

Seymour Buttz
Apr 26, 2006

homeless snail posted:

PT was the Playable Teaser for Kojima's Silent Hills, starring Norman Reedus, that's not happening now that he's fired but Kojima and Reedus are friends now so when he asked Reedus to star in his independent game he immediately agreed. That's the only connection

Right right I completely forgot it was for Silent Hills. I still choose to believe Kojima is linking the two.

Seymour Buttz
Apr 26, 2006

I have PS Now and apparently I'm supposed to be about to download PS4/PS2 games to the hard drive now, but none of the games give me that option.

My system software is up to date etc so I dunno what's wrong. Anyone else silly enough to subscribe to PS Now and not able to download?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seymour Buttz
Apr 26, 2006

I'm really loving Tetris Effect, but for some reason I can't find a camera distance where I can see what my next piece is going to be in my peripheral vision without having to actually look over to the corner. Is anyone else having this trouble? I wanna only play in VR but it sucks either not knowing what's next until it drops, or having to look away from the board for a second to see it.

The game is amazing though.