Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

exquisite tea posted:

The three best Impossible trials are kill dudes in 4 minutes, kill dudes in circles, and kill dudes with fast health regen. The others are not worth doing and not necessary to plat.

The impossible no-hit one is . . . impossible. Or at least it was for me. Thank god I didn't need it for plat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Sab669 posted:

I've never pre-ordered a game on Playstation before but I just ponied up for RDR2 because I'm a sucker :shrug: But I can't seem to download it, and it's not showing up under Library in the Store. Am I missing something really obvious?

Edit: never mind 🤦‍♂️

What's the answer on this, I'm having the same issue. Usually the game shows up and I can see a countdown, etc.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

goferchan posted:

If you go to Notifications does it not show as downloading?

No, it's not showing up anywhere. And I went back and checked the store, says purchased. Checked my card, it went through. Confused.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Sab669 posted:

I had to go to Library, Purchases, then there should be a list of "Uninstalled" games across the top that are separate from the alphabetical list of games you own below.

Thank you! That did it.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Am I crazy or does this Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order game look good? I watched a few of the newer videos about it this morning and I'm liking what I'm seeing. Nothing particularly groundbreaking, but it looks like its taking bits and pieces from a bunch of different, good action games.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Edit: Forum explosion double post.

mikeraskol fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Nov 5, 2019

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Escobarbarian posted:

But...it’s just dodging and pressing the attack button. With a parry at one point?

I’m sorry I’m not trying to be rude, I’m just a bit confused about what you’re seeing there that I’m not.

It loving looks cool that's what.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Can I just teleport to December and play Control on PS5 please? I want to play that game again so badly.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Fix posted:

That will be $40, please.

I'm not really bothered by this. The game came out in August 2019, not August 2020.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Man this generation of console games has just been so good. I'll be sad to see it go, but I'm so excited for what they can do with the PS5. Playing some Bloodborne this morning because of this thread and Control last night and just :kiss:

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

tuo posted:

It's an awesome fight, though.

Not like a certain other, optional fight in the DLC. That one wasn't fun at all.

Thinking about it, I think The Old Hunters is one of the best DLCs I ever played.

It has some of the best boss fights I've ever experienced in a game hands down.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Im close to being out of games so The Surge or Code Vein? I did the tutorial of Code Vein and it felt clunky and they were throwing so many concepts at once that I just gave up. But I didn’t really give it my full attention.

I’ve beaten all of the Souls games and Niohs, etc.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Is Day's Gone worth the time if you're picking it up at 15-20 bucks or whatever? I'm about to finish TLOU2 and really getting to the end of the quarantine games list. Maybe Prey? I've never played that but this thread seems to like it (though review consensus said middling).

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Got my platinum on TLOU2. Man what a game. What a game what a game. The violence was a lot but I weirdly think it was a hopeful game in some ways, though not for Ellie.

mikeraskol fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Sep 5, 2020

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Imagine living a life where you were married to Frank Sinatra and also played Death Stranding.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

I’m like 5 hours into Days Gone and I really wish that I could give this game to the TLOU2 team for like 4 months just to polish it. There are a lot of interesting ideas here but after coming from TLOU2 the seams really show on this one. Floaty guns, weak sound effects, etc. Nothing is likely to save the overly serious story that doesn’t deserve to be but I could look past that if the controls, animations and gameplay were just a little bit tighter. I’m still gonna play it through though because it has legitimately fun moments.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

I can't even loving follow this god their naming conventions are absolutely terrible.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

bees x1000 posted:

Cursed Amygdala took me a week and ~50 attempts to clear. Miserable.

I like the general concept of chalice dungeons - random side thing with random stuff to find - I hope fromsoft revisits them someday and makes them less bad.

Did you summon someone for that? I can’t imagine doing that fight without that, it’s pretty miserable. Yharnam was about 50x easier, I’m not sure she hit me.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

I was on YouTube and it looked like poo poo. Switched over to twitch and it’s a huge difference.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

https://twitch.tv/playstation

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Arkage posted:

Not sure I understand the premise. He runs one loop to help the guy get to the party, then runs another loop to kill the guy while he's with someone else at the party. Why not kill first guy in first loop, and second guy in second loop?

No he's doing that in the same loop. He can't kill them both in time in the same loop unless he gets them to the same place.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Zeta Acosta posted:

right now the xbox series s looks really tempting

Based on what, the lack of games for the actual gaming system? I don't get it.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Kirios posted:

Why on Earth would you buy this day one? Even Miles Morales is coming out on PS4 day of.

Because I want a PS5? What kind of question is this?

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Thank you for this, I finally got one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

JBP posted:

Hades is great, you guys should get Hades.

It's legitimately one of my favorite games of all time. Just pure magic.