Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

The Gamestop near me is shite and I'd love for them to go bankrupt sometime soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Horizon looked nice in the first video, then I learned it was not from a Japanese developer and interest waned instantly.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Lakbay posted:

More like 2025 because it's going to take 10 years. I'm not going to be surprised if they announce they're dropping the episodic release plan

It will be the most epic episodic game of all time spanning over 30 years and countless platforms. We'll still be in Midgar when it concludes, you should've seen it.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

ImpAtom posted:

Because, among other things, it needed a full translation and localization and was never released on the PS3 in English. (It isn't even a re-release, it was a cross-gen game.)

Are you going to ask why Persona 5 is $60 when it comes out?

Why are they re-releasing this game that came out on PS3 in 2014 for $60?

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Only a five month wait for this feature that will make Pro patches superfluous, good job Sony.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

More like developers should have been tasked with making it work like that on the normal PS4 and not leave it up to Sony patching it into a mid generation refresh.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Steam does not let you buy from other regions unless you are physically there, you can at best have some friend from other regions gift you stuff.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Wandle Cax posted:

I don't think anyone gives a poo poo about that around here do they?

It's shift, not poo poo.

Well see ya

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Does anyone else think EA spent the next four years marketing budget on Battlefield 1 cos with the lack of push for TF2 and now the pretty shocking lack of marketing for ME:A, it really seems like something's up 🤔

It's just EA being EA, they are waiting for both Titanfall 2 (this is pretty much a lock at this point) and new Mass Effect to not meet their sales target and then proceed to dismantle the developers.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Just use deaks picture and you're golden.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Real hurthling! posted:

I looked it up on some message boards. Turning off cec doesnt fix it its a samsung feature called something like auto focus that current firmware doesnt let you toggle.

So that's what 'getting Sarnsunged' means.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

How nice of Sony to give us a pro boost but also gently caress up the pause/resume function in the same update.

For me at least, pausing downloads resets the progress and l have to redo them.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Yes, I tried several times to make sure and it started from scratch.

Also it was slow and didn't want to change servers.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Obsurveyor posted:

Oh then yeah, it's been out for more than two weeks too, so no discount. Makes sense. I thought it was still coming. Too many games coming out lately, hard to keep up. :)

Half a week, Japan has had it for longer than two weeks.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

The Vita was so good hardware wise you guys!

*looks at rear touchpad, thinks of the possible applications, wistfully shakes head and rolls out of thread*

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

When I think of exclusives it's definitely upgraded PS2 ports.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

No PS3 digital version of Nier, it's €40 secondhand in CEX and between 40 and 70 on eBay 😤😤😤😤
For some bizarre reason it's a lot easier and cheaper to get on 360

I can get it new from Amazon for €30.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Dubs are the shite, gimme that sweet Nipponese voice over all day.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Oxxidation posted:

I have to wonder sometimes how people like Utnayan function in normal society. You can only keep a lid on so much casual crazy.

Why keep a lid when you could affix a microphone and let him anchor a segment on Fox News instead?

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Are there any games currently, or coming out soon, worth looking into that are in the theme of dynasty warriors?
I haven't touched one of those games in.....10+ years but have the itch to take on waves of different enemies, fighting for objectives, unlocking crap

Dragon Quest Heroes comes close, although it's got a fair share of tower defense elements. A sequel is coming out this year.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

The complete BoI package on Steam costs around €36.

Edit: So yeah, not as much of a difference as one would think.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

FishBulb posted:

Oh what comes in the full package more poop and dead cats?!?

Yup, also don't forget the dead dogs.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Yup, quality and quantity of games at launch are not important factors, it's important to relay the correct message through naming conventions and building hype.

I'm remembering the PS2 launch games back then, they were all awful, and it still sold like hotcakes.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Endorph posted:

ff13 isn't great but it gave us lightning returns, the best final fantasy

It's not even the best game in the 13 trilogy.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

I don't actually hit people with bricks or strangle them, so I don't identify with Joel a whole lot.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Ryuji is dumb as bricks and deserves the scorn from the idiot cat who thinks it's my goddamn nanny.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Bombadilillo posted:

I just wanted Bioshock in space.

Buy System Shock 2 on Steam.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Sakurazuka posted:

I want a System Shock 2 that doesn't play like a game from the last millennium. :(

That's all the Shock games.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

MW2 is when the singleplayer of the series went to total poo poo.

I couldn't believe those favela levels where you gun down approximately sixteen thousand Brazilians

That was almost World Cup Brazil levels of realism.

Also there was never a good CoD.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

The only time this game caught me was when it crashed and killed two hours of dungeon crawling.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

exquisite tea posted:

I think it's more likely that we'll get a street date for God of W4r to compete with Scorpio.

Just what the world needs, another lovely GoW.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Sakurazuka posted:

It's popular enough to get a retail release but it's still more of a stand-alone DLC type deal, and is priced lower accordingly.

Does the retail version include UC4? Because if not it costs more than the base game.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

exquisite tea posted:

Horizon was the fastest selling new IP for a PS4 game ever and is mega popular.

But is it the fastest selling new IP for a PS4 game ever released inbetween 4 am and 7 am on a Monday in March 2017 that features robot chicken?

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Just try a different HDMI cable before spending money on more poo poo you don't need.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

He did show we're dealing with a sociopath here.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

It's also slower for me, but not nightmarish slow, just freaking slow in a 'come the gently caress on Sony' way.
The bastards have been using the worst servers they could muster for quite a while now.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

revolther posted:

Eh, to maintain supremacy? First gen xbox whomped Sony's rear end hard and even though Playstation has won the last generation and this, if somehow Microsoft doesn't bungle a new console fickle rear end gamers will run to the newest prettiest games.

You mean the first Xbox? Because lmao.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Real hurthling! posted:

Since this is the samsung tv thread, anyone elses' ks8000 youtube app stop working correctly recently? Its very hosed up, wont handle streaming, interprets remote control input weirdly, is displaying text all weird.

Started this past week.

That's not the complete Sarnsung package yet, be happy the telly didn't blow up.

Edit: was a new firmware released? Samsung does not actually test their own software.

Healbot fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Jun 2, 2017

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Real hurthling! posted:

Yeah it was. I hadnt been updating the tv but i thought it was the one that fixed the nintendo switch issues but it wasnt, thats not out yet, so i guess im hosed until youtube wants to fix their app.

The European version of your TV also seem to have trouble with the Youtube app not playing videos, there a Samsung employee said another firmware update would be on its way near the end of June to fix the issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

inSTAALed posted:

what if i like the video game, persona, and also like sports

what then

You will be sent to GBS prison island and hang out with the alt-right, anime liker.