Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
Welcome to Eden Online!

The innovative, ultra high-tech MMORPG, the first of its kind allowing full virtual reality networking, giving the players the complete experience of being part of a living, breathing fantasy world.

This is largely due to having the world’s most sophisticated NPC AI, but also due to the extensive freedom it allows its players – even taking over dungeons and creating your own NPC’s is possible - thanks to all these features Eden is one, if not the most played MMORPG on the entire planned, with a steady stream of new players every day.

----

The thing is… you’re not one of them. You’re freshly made NPCs of a new player who may have done some very questionable build choices. Such as trying to roleplay an evil overlord character from level one, and putting nearly all the points into Create NPC.

Now, being the freshly made NPCs that you are, you don’t really have a backstory. So instead, pitch me a cool character concept (Non-Standard and Monster races preferred! We are, after all, dealing with an EVIL OVERLORD here, folks! Why not be a slime monster rogue, a vampire cleric, a werewolf ranger or something like that? It's an MMO, silly class combinations are okay and even encouraged) and explain to me the following:

Your evil overlord took over a dungeon. Well... let’s be fair – YOU folks took over the dungeon for them. What part of the dungeon did you excel in taking over? How did you impress the overlord in doing so? And what curious thing did you learn about this seemingly otherworldly being that created you? For what purpose did they create you, anyway?

----

Important note: Keep in mind that this very much is meant to be humorous. The ‘evil overlord’ is very likely just a dumb teenager in the real world, and is going to be far less competent at being evil than you are. So I’m not really looking for truly dark evil here, and more the cool, edgy kind of evil.

Don’t let the term “NPC” scare you. Your character’s “AI” is good enough that most people couldn’t tell the difference between a real person and or an NPC unless they double checked. Hell, people might even underestimate you because you are! As you start off, you'll be fairly low level, but as the overlord "levels up", so will you - growing in power and perhaps even changing into better versions - like growing from a mere skeleton to a Lich, or something like that. This will be largely narrative, but you'll become stronger with play.

What you’ll be doing is making sure the dungeon stays safe, go on missions for the overlord, or even accompany them on quests! And, you know, defend them if they have to go AFK in the middle of a fight because their pizza arrived. Typical MMO stuff.

And, as I mentioned previously, I am going to let you guys design the dungeon! We’ll figure out how to put it together after picks. On top of that, the overlord player character, too, will be decided on as a group consensus.

We will be using standard FAE chargen rules for the characters.

The deadline for apps will be 19th of January. If you need an extension, or want to talk about rules, or just chat in general, you can find me in #swampthings on Synirc, or contact me via PM’s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Newbee, Dark Dragon Whelp

Tremble in fear, mortals! Your doom is at hand! By tooth and claw, your lives shall be rent asunder and your souls shall serve the Master's glory! Dare you face the might of the invincible Newbee in battle?

...why are you laughing?

quote:

Your evil overlord took over a dungeon. Well... let’s be fair – YOU folks took over the dungeon for them. What part of the dungeon did you excel in taking over?

Hidden behind a secret passage three levels into the dungeon, the party found a treasure horde protected by a tribe of curious dog-men. Their excited yips, surprisingly sharp weapons, and endless numbers would have struck down any lesser creation, but how could they hope to match up to my glory? Despite the ambush they caught us in, I was able to clear a path to safety for the Master and draw their attention away while they made their escape. I was unable to follow, unfortunately, so I was forced to confront the horde by myself.

quote:

How did you impress the overlord in doing so?

While a lesser servant might have been content in merely destroying the Master's enemies, my glorious presence and boundless vigor was enough to win over the dog-men and ensure that they would serve the Master from then on. The dog-men have proclaimed me to be their queen and have vowed that they shall protect the Master's treasures from all who would steal them.

Needless to say, the Master was very impressed. Not only had I survived a situation that could have brought about the dreaded 'total party kill', but I had even secured a force to help protect their dungeon! Truly, I am the greatest of their creations. Who can possibly hope to match my exploits?

quote:

And what curious thing did you learn about this seemingly otherworldly being that created you?

When the Master accepted the services of the dog-men, they made many comments that escaped my understanding. Cries of "wow," "such servants," and "very impress" escaped their mouth repeatedly. They would then chuckle after every such comment, evidently finding the situation very amusing. I... I am glad I could bring such joy to the Master.

quote:

For what purpose did they create you, anyway?

I once asked the Master this very question. They answered that "any self-respecting Overlord has at least one dark beauty following them around" and then patted me on the head. So there you have it. I am the Master's dark beauty and their shield. None shall harm them while I still breathe.

quote:

High Concept: The Tiniest Tank
Newbee was created to serve as the ultimate shield for the Master -- a creature that was utterly invincible, possessed unbelievable power, and inspired awe in all who would behold her. That was their intention, of course, but the Master's level of Create NPC didn't quite match up with their vision. Dragons are quite expensive to create given their natural gifts and talents. Instead, Newbee was created as the lowest form of a dragon. A mere whelp. Her power belies her size, but it can be hard to take her seriously.

Other Aspects:
Dark Knight, Darker Dragon
Newbee's abilities as a Dark Dragon Whelp give her many tools for tanking and leading the way into dangerous territory. She can drain life through her claws, breath plumes of pure darkness at her foes, fly on wings of shadow, and grow stronger as damage is traded in any given combat. She is, however, very focused on dealing dark element damage. It may prove problematic given a particularly resistant or gimmicky foe.

Who Needs Versatility?
Newbee was created based on a guide the Master read online. Her stats and abilities are min-maxed for maximum tanking potential, but may prove a liability when she's forced out of her element.

(Basically) A Real Dragon
Newbee is a Dragon Whelp, the cheapest form of dragon to create. Instead of the intimidating force of nature she envisions herself to be, most people actually view her as 'cute' or 'completely adorable'.

Trouble: Delusions of Grandeur
Newbee sees herself as the Master did when she was created. Why concern herself with minor things such as impossible odds, terrifyingly powerful foes, and the very real limitations of her power? Who would retreat when triumph is certain? The Master said she was invincible and so she believes it to be. On the upside, her delusions make it very, very difficult to inflict conditions such as fear.

Approaches:
Careful: Mediocre (+0)
Clever: Average (+1)
Flashy: Fair (+2)
Forceful: Great (+4)
Quick: Fair(+2)
Sneaky: Average (+1)

Stunts:
Developing Dragon
Because I am a Developing Dragon, I gain +2 to Flashily Creating An Advantage with my draconic abilities.

Monster Magnet
Because I am a Monster Magnet, I gain +2 to Forcefully Defend against a large group of monsters (4 or more).

Truly Tanky
Because I am Truly Tanky, I gain +2 to Forcefully Defend against a boss.

Refresh: 3

Magical Items:

(Cursed) Dress of the Stars — Teleport a number of times per day based on spellcasting ability. Currently: 1/day.
Ring of Flight — You can fly!

Tricky fucked around with this message at 20:21 on May 4, 2017

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Baron Zanzibar Zygomaticus

The Baron was not a person of particularly emotive sort. That is to say, not just because the only way he could even form anything approaching expression was by manipulating the small pinpricks of blue light that hung in his eye sockets, but because being a servant and champion of high nobility required a certain tight-lippedness. Especially when your liege was... special.

"Very good, my liege", he intoned in a deep, rumbling baritone, "The Lesser Radiant Werewolf, does, indeed, drop a Rubyesque Pelt upon its demise, 12.5% of the time. However I must advice against approach at your present level of combat aptitude and preparation for-"

Alas. It was too late. The Master had stepped within 50 feet of the creature, causing it to divert its (too dangerous for their current level) attentions at them. A lesser servant might have sighed. Or rolled their eyes. Or performed some other such passive aggressive measure. But not Zanzibar. He had far too much poise for that sort of thing, and he buried any and all disappointment he might have felt deep within the hollow recesses of his skull as he moved to intercept, once again...

Yami Fenrir posted:

Your evil overlord took over a dungeon. Well... let’s be fair – YOU folks took over the dungeon for them. What part of the dungeon did you excel in taking over? How did you impress the overlord in doing so?

"Master is... a zealous sort. Filled with", Zanzibar lifted a teacup to his teeth (how does a Skeleton drink tea? Or use consumables like potions? The magic of Handwaving!), giving him a socially acceptable pause to think of a suitably flattering term to describe the very much non-flattering nature of his liege, "...ambition. To clear an entire Dungeon and set claim to such at our present capability could very well be said to be an act of total hubris by someone lesser", in that it was fairly insane, and in many ways succeeded only by fluke, but Zanzibar felt no particular need to point that out, "But thanks to their wits and the help of their loyal servants, we succeeded. I, personally, being trained in the arts of single combat, mostly took care of the mob leaders, as well as engaging with the tougher creatures we encountered. The Inner Sanctum, where the throne room is", and that was currently somewhat overgrown, but that could be sorted out later, "asked for my talents in particular. The Master seemed particularly pleased with my, if I do say so myself, expertly timed and executed Uncanny Sidestep, Hamstring, Lesser Crippling Blow, Minor Banefire Slash and Piercing Strike combination attack that almost completely neutered the Greater Mossling that had made its lair there."

Yami Fenrir posted:

"And that is how Master came to possess their throne, where I will stand at their side and wield my blade as their champion", a service that would come to be used very often indeed, the way that things were going, Zanzibar thought grimly, "For such is my specialty and intended purpose as their loyal servant. The duel, and the destruction of foes in honorable single combat, where with skill and deftness of hand I punch above my apparent strength."

Yami Fenrir posted:

And what curious thing did you learn about this seemingly otherworldly being that created you?

Of course, there were things Zanzibar would not divulge. Now, the fact that their Master seemed to sleep far less than others such as them was a boon of course (well, sometimes, and to a far lesser extent than what Zanzibar was totally comfortable with), but the occasional slip-ups and mentions of "mom just doesn't get it" and "I'll make it big someday" seemed to hint at some sort of strange, otherworldly familial drama (or pray tell, sickness of the mind, since Zanzibar knew not of any family the master might have), that it would have been just excessively uncouth for a servant to mention.

quote:

High Concept: The Lady's (long suffering) Champion
Champion in the sense that they represent their noble liege in single combat. And indeed, a noble (auto-generated) upbringing ensures that he represents his master flawlessly both in manners as well as battle aptitude. Somebody has to deal with all those rare mobs and minibosses the Player aggroes but is underleveled to actually deal with, after all.

Other Aspects:
Crossing Baneblades
Baron Zygomaticus is a master of the sword, but not only that, he also has the typical undead withering properties to go with his attacks.

Fiendish Etiquette
As a skeleton of high class, Baron Zygomaticus handles fancy cutlery just as well as a blade, and his footwork is equally at ease during a devilish waltz as it is sidestepping fireballs.

Nothing but Steel and Bones
He's a skeleton! What are you going to do? Stab him? Has all the usual resistances (and the handful of weaknesses) that go with being a member of his particular brand of undead.

Trouble: Even Evil has Standards
Zanzibar does not spite the rogues and knaves of the group on principle, but he himself represents the more cultured, fancy kind of evil that a stylish overlord would not spite having stand beside them in a decorated throne room. Thus, he himself is loathe to partake in honorless skullduggery.

Approaches:
Careful: Average (+1)
Clever: Fair(+2)
Flashy: Great (+4)
Forceful: Average (+1)
Quick: Fair (+2)
Sneaky: Mediocre (+0)

Stunts:
The Noble Duelist
Because I am The Noble Duelist, I gain +2 when Flashily Attacking a single target that is without back-up or in a duel with me.

Master of the Debuff Stack
Because I am the Master of the Debuff Stack, I gain +2 when Quickly Defending ahgainst personal buffs or attempts to buff (Create Advantage rolls) by using debuffs and disruptive swordplay.

Noble Bones
Because I have Noble Bones, I gain +2 when Cleverly Overcoming social situations by being the sane, well mannered man of the group.

Master Fencer
Because I am a Master Fencer, I gain +2 to Flashily Defend when being attacked by a lone aggressor.

Refresh: 2

Other Aspects and Assets:
The Mist Sword
Allows its wielder to teleport behind their foe
The worst cape of yellow and pink (aka. The Cape of the Flamboyant Swashbuckler)
A daily invokeable +1 (can be invoked AFTER the roll) when attacking with duelist weapons, and -1 to socially attacking

Theantero fucked around with this message at 19:48 on May 4, 2017

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Nevermind! Redoing character.

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jan 12, 2017

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Glitterbone Forest
Once a haunted forest, it's still technically a haunted forest, just different now. Where once the scene was dreary and fog shrouded, now the paths are clear and the sun shines between the trees during the day. The vengeful spirits that prowled the shaded paths have been replaced by gardeners in cute outfits and masks who move a little too slow to be human. At night, the shades return, accompanied by the sparkling colored glass encrusted skeletons that give this zone it's new name, Glitterbone Forest. Scylla maintains a cottage and a carefully manicured series of paths throughout the zone to avoid sunlight during the day.

The actual conquering part of the forest was pretty easy. As a haunted forest, the remains of many a fallen adventurer littered the ground, and Scylla had no problem reanimating them and sending them to bash on their antagonistic brethren. The ghosts were where she shone, as she managed to impress the Overlord by flash freezing them and then switching them over to her command before they had a chance to recover.

Yami Fenrir posted:

What made the Glitterbone Forest so dangerous that you found all those adventurer corpses to raise?
Master and the others had more of a problem though, because of Kirak, the floor boss.

Part vengeful spirit, part skeleton, all dragon, Kirak filled the air around her with a deadly poison that leaked from her very bones and served as a replacement for her original, living, breath weapon. Such poisons are of no use against the Undying, and Scylla simply marched her own army of skeletons and zombies forth against it. The battle was long and hard, many of the undead minions fell that day. In the end Kirak lay defeated, nearly slain, and Scylla waited impatiently for something called a 'bio break' to be over so that the Overlord could lay the final blow and claim the floor and glory. After, they apologized and mentioned having imbibed too much of a strange elixir entitled "Mountain Dew". Scylla was uncertain whether the dew of the mountains had healing properties.

quote:

At first it seemed like Master wanted me for my necromancy, which is well and good. I excel at the creation of minor and major undead as well as the channeling of Negative Energy to disperse or control naturally occurring undead. Lately though I've been wondering if Master was just lonely, most of the other beings like Master congregate with their own kind, but they just have us. I'm probably overthinking it. I do know Master doesn't care about all the outfits I make them, even though they're both more stylish and provide better protection than those ridiculous rags they wear. Like this armor, it's fully resistant to fire and has these adorable cat ears, who can say no to that?

Name: Scylla Mortabludenko
High Concept: The cutest necromancer you ever did see
Every evil overlord needs an army of the undead! I guess Master decided that would be my job. Apparently my visage is styled after something called moe, I just like things to be cute, especially me! I have the full repertoire of undead creation abilities, but mine aren't all gross and rotting.

Trouble: RIB (Rest in Bling)
Everything must be cute! It took me ages to decide on the glitters and sparkles on the skeletons. The zombies wear mascot outfits, of course, but the higher level undead lack a certain something... The incorporeals torment me, I tend to stick them on night duty since I can't easily decorate them. Master is going to love the new fall Wight styles, I found a deposit of emeralds and I've been saving up silver ingots. They'll be to die for!

Aspect: Surprisingly strong magic user
Necromancers are spindly, wasted away stick figures, but not me! As a vampire, dark power flows through my veins and grants me strength beyond mortal limits! It's not always great though, since sometimes I break things meant for magic users by accidentally using my full power.

Aspect: QUEEN of the Vampires (in training)
As the first vampire, that makes me in charge! We don't have any other vampires yet but I'm sure we'll encounter some maidens eventually. I can't wait to have an army of daughters to call my own. If we find any boys, bleh, I'll turn them I guess, if Master demands it.

Aspect:Lightweight Blooddrinker
Blood is the life! Ah the strength and vitality of the living is so refreshing... but I kind of can't handle it. More than a little blood at a time and I resemble what mortals call 'drunk'. I can get by with less than a normal vampire, but it tastes sooo goood I'm always tempted for more, and then I'm stumbling around, crashing through walls and trying to mesmerize my own reflection.

Approaches:
  • Careful +1
  • Clever +3
  • Flashy +2
  • Forceful +2
  • Quick +1
  • Sneaky +0
Stunts: Ice Magic is the Best!: When I Flashily cast Ice Attack spells against Ice Resistant enemies I get a cool +2 bonus.

Oh, were you using that? My bad.: I can Forcefully disarm, trap, or disable my opponent's weapons with my vampiric strength to Create Advantage with a neat +2 bonus.

I love Arts and Crafts!: I can Cleverly whip up works of art like sculptures, paintings, and fine clothing to Overcome social situations with an artistic +2 bonus.

Refresh 3

Kwyndig fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Jan 12, 2017

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

My other car is an asteroid
:black101:
I call item economy, gold farming and digging new rooms for the dungeon with a Miner Lich!

How are you? Nice to see you. Sit down anywhere you like, I could do with a break. Gotta tell you my muscles sure get tired swinging this pick around. Ha! Muscles... oh don't look at me like that. Oh I get it, you're thinking "oh what a big strong skeleton" well thank you, I been working out. Bet you just thought I was big boned. :@{}""Ł}{})

*Cough Cough* oh my god how does he do that? I feels like my tongue just broke it's spine. Have you ever tried to speak the ancient language of Eee-mo-gee? It's a tough one. But it's all so I can understand and converse with my Master better. A great and powerful lord of this dungeon. You've not seen him? Ah well you're pretty out of the way down here. But since you're here, let me tell you a little about myself.

quote:

Name: Blackbone

High Concept: Miner Lich
I was brought into this world from six feet under and the deep dark places of the world are my domain. I shall dig out my own underground kingdom for myself with my own two hands. No I mean that quite literally.

Trouble: Oh that's not how you spell Minor? gently caress it! Leave it in!
I'm not what I was meant to be and no one knows it more than me. Every bone in my body tells me that a mess changed my entire purpose and being in this world. I know I should be an all powerful undead sorcerer! In my true soul I know it! But I'm stuck like this and I will bury you if you mention it to me! AND I DO NOT HAVE ANGER ISSUES YOU TAKE THAT BACK YOU SON OF A-

Aspect: The Dungeon Digger
Call that a Dungeon? I could make a better dungeons in my sleep! If I slept... Which I don't so give me that shovel and start looking for some lovely rusty chains to decorate your new room with.

Aspect: One Rich Lich
The treasures of the earth are as varied as they are buried deep, from minerals and gold to ancient tombs and caves filled with loot. I mean half the crap I find we stick in the chests in our dungeon. I keep the best of it back for myself our Lord.

Aspect: To Be Decided

Approaches:
+4 Forceful
+2 Quick, Sneaky
+1 Flashy, Careful
+0 Clever

Stunts:
Secret Tunnel, Secret Tunnel, Through the mountain
Because I love making Secret Tunnels I gain +2 to Sneaky when using my digging skills to create an advantage

Boulder Breaker
Because I am a boulder breaker I gain +2 to Forcefully smash through an obstacle in my way

Lord of the Hoard
Because I am One Rich Lich, I can use one of the magical gems I have uncovered in my diggings to gain +2 to Flashily enchant a weapon or item to create an advantage

other aspects or bonuses

Pickaxe of Acid
This pickaxe was forged to mimic the digging methods of the Caustic slimes, which burrow through thick layers of rock by concentrating their alchemical bodies to burn away the ground beneath them. It was thought lost when the forger of it placed it down and it melted it's way through the floor.
Inflicts acid element damage.

unidentified mining light
???

quote:

What part of the dungeon did you excel in taking over and how did you impress the overloard in doing so?
Well let me tell you a tale of heroism and daring the likes of which you've never heard! Approximately 83 meters down or three "floors" as our Master calls them, there was this place called The Ancient Markets.

The Ancient Markets

This place, well you can see from this bit of it that still remains was beautiful. You could still see signs of the past from when it was still an active bustling town, the withered marketeers still manning their stalls, their wears long since rotted away or reclaimed by the ever creeping plant life. You just got this sense of... industry! History! Treasure! And oh boy the treasure! There were stacks and stacks of it. I mean most of it was rusted beyond use, but there were hidden gems. Actual hidden gems. Can you believe that? HA! They were some crafty sons-o-bitches and the deals were to die for. I mean there were mobs of revenants and some of my mindless kinsfolk fighting over those items still. Tons of them, the eternal Black Friday in the darkness of the underground. Worse of all though though was The Saint of the Hoard. The Lord of the Grand Bank. Our Master said it best: "OMG WTFuck! This guy is soooooooo OP!" I don't know what that means exactly but if our Master said it then it is a quote worth remembering.

The Saint of the Hoard

His Battle Clerks

This guy was tough. His Battle Clerks were hard enough but the more gold you held the more powerful this guy was. When I was awoken our Master had been trying to "beat this floor" for some time. The secret to victory lay in not obtaining any of the quantities of money distributed around the Markets so the Saint would be less powerful. But it was not a tactic our Master was willing to consider, and I applaud him for it. For what master is worth following if they do not seek a challenge? Our Master lived up to this ideal with gusto. As such we needed an alternative plan. My Master was... uh, disappointed in me. It seemed whatever grand strategy he had planned for me I was unworthy of fulfilling. So he told me to "make myself useful and get some gold or something". Now the place with the most gold that I knew of was the market and more specifically the bank. So while our Master slept I devised a plan and got to work.

I dropped the floor above on the absolute ball bag of a lord. I crushed him, the battle clerks and the entire bank and most of the market, combining the two floors, wiping out the local monsters and claiming them both for our Master! All it took was to dig down from the floor above and weaken the supports that keep the ceiling up. I'm still excavating my way to the bank so we can get back the gold there. But once I get there I hope the Master will be real happy with me!

quote:

Our Master is a great sage. Beset by visions and otherworldly noises, sometimes, when I'm standing next to him. He'll zone out and you can hear music coming from his mouth. Then when he awakens he seems to know otherworldly secrets like where secret rooms are or ambushes up ahead. Once though... once he was possessed. No I swear this is true. He began to move around and a voice came out of his mouth that was not his own, young, high pitched, giggling. I thought perhaps some imp or demon had taken control of them as he blundered into walls and obvious traps. Then there was a mighty yelling in our Master's voice and he threw the spirit out of his body with a great "Get out of my room you little goblin!" followed by a loud otherworldly wailing which was swiftly silenced by the sound of the door to hell slamming.

To this day I still never dug up (ha!) the courage to ask our Master about it. But I always keep my eye on him when he goes into a trance for fear of this goblin returning.

quote:

I was to be a source of the undead and necromancy, to overwhelm floors with weak mindless undead. I do not know what happened to make me like this. But now I try my best to bring my Master the best gear and equipment from my digging. Anything to find acceptance in his eyes.

JohnOfOrdo3 fucked around with this message at 21:05 on May 4, 2017

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

What teen-created NPC horde would be complete without the TOTALLY ORIGINAL and NOT STOLEN AT ALL floating skull?

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

I may or may not app a mount.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Name: Katja Caldera
High Concept: Hellkin Brawler (Invoke: Do demon-y or punch-y things. Compel: React badly to Holy sources)
Trouble: Food on the Brain (Invoke: TBD Compel: Let hunger lead to rash decisions)
Aspect #3: Grandpa’s Ghost Never Shuts Up! (Invoke: Talk about demonic lore or history with some authority. Compel: Grandpa says something inappropriate or rude, even by Katja’s standards)
Aspect #4: Order of the Golden Ox Initiate (Invoke: Brag, bond with other Order members. Compel: Be forced to do a class quest)
Aspect #5: Hey, Look Over Here! (Invoke: Distract from what's really important, be entertaining. Compel: Be bad at sneaking around, stand out in crowds and be very memorable)

quote:

What part of the dungeon did you excel in taking over?

St. Monica’s Cathedral, it’d been abandoned by whatever Church that ran it ages ago and was recently overrun by a bunch of humanoid bandits. Now, this could’ve been trouble for a Hellkin like me if the original priests and paladins were still around but some plain old humans? Who cares if I was underleveled, helloooooo type advantage.

quote:

There was one big scary monster in the Cathedral’s basement that Boss kept saying was invincible, some possessed dragon statue that we had to do some kinda ritual to exercise? I wasn’t totally paying attention so I kept trying to fight it while the others were running around reading whatever books were needed nearby. Boss was yelling at me to follow but I just wanted to grind that thing to dust with my own hands! Something about other mobs they needed help dealing with. After a couple of minutes they did whatever they needed to and the statute tipped over, back to being perfectly harmless. Boss probably should’ve been mad at me but they were just surprised I’d done a whole 10% of that statue’s health at our level!

They uh, weren’t as surprised when I kept wanting to thrash the statue after we beat it. But they made me go back to following the rest of the group. Talk about a bummer.

quote:

Sometimes the way they speak, it makes it sound as if there are others like them watching as we explore and fight in Eden. There’s definitely only one person interacting with us but they’ll sometimes let something slip about ‘their subscribers’ and hoping that they 'like' us. Strange, but Boss is strange in a lot of other ways so I don’t worry about it.

quote:

Demons are really powerful and important in the world of Eden! But they’re also really crabby and don’t get along with most mortals at all. Yeah there’s cults and stuff but that’s almost always demons tricking humans into doing their dirty work, not really a partnership or anything. Hellkins like me are the closest a lot of people can really get to tapping into demonic energies and that's definitely something Boss is interested in.

Also? I’m really good at kicking people’s butts.

---

Careful: +0
Clever: +1
Flashy: +2
Forceful: +3
Quick: +2
Sneaky: +1

Stunts:
Humans Are So Easy To Push Around!: Because humans are so easy to push around, I gain +2 to Forcefully attack humanoids.
Center of Attention: Because I love being the center of attention, I gain +2 to Flashily Create an Advantage.
Demonic Aura: Because I have a Demonic Aura whenever I Succeed With Style a Defend roll with someone in melee range, I can inflict 1 stress on them in addition to the boost.

Stress: [_][_][_]

Brother Entropy fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Jan 11, 2017

Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007
If I must die, I shall welcome Death as an old friend, and wrap mine arms about it.
Naw, nevermind.

Justice Grieves fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Jan 7, 2017

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Interest post. Working on a concept.

- - -

'Mimi' The Mimic?

Name: Mimi

High Concept: Mimicry is my calling in life. Biting people is my hobby.

As a shapeshifting ambush monster, I have to blend in seamlessly with my surroundings. Be it gloomy dungeons, tacky palaces, or busy market streets. I mean, I wouldn't get far if I was only a box with teeth in life. So I've learned how to innovate. Even take on human disguise when required!

Trouble: Old Habits die hard.

Look, you try evolving as a species of ambush predators. You can't just turn off the whole biting thing. I mean, I try really really hard. But sometimes, you can't help but put something shiny in your mouth and wait for someone to offer you a finger buffet!

As you can imagine handshakes offer similar issues.

Aspect: Mimic see, Mimic DO!

I'm not your every day average mimic, I've got a couple tricks up my... maw? For one thing, I can copy the abilities of my enemies. With my own twist of course. So if you face me in battle expect to have your own skills throw back in your face. It makes blending in with living creatures a hell of a lot easier, we're not just inanimate objects you know.

Aspect: Scholar of the lands, fauna and relics of the world

Look, don't spread it around, but we've got to be pretty knowledgeable creatures about the world and our surroundings, what treasure is safe to use as bait, what items fit the location and how said item should be presented. What the local wildlife is and how to impersonate it! There's a lot to know, being a Mimic. As such, I have learned about the entire world, it's cultures, architectural styles, all of it. I'm a walking talking encyclopedia of the entire world.

Aspect: I ate a book once.

The diet of a mimic is varied, and our internal space can hold all kinds of things indefinably to bring back up later on. Weapons, armour, clothing, food, anything really. For instance I ate this grimour once, and since then I've been able to vomit spit breath spells at my enemies ever since. Nothing quite like giving an adventurer a little light seer before chowing down. Really improves the flavour. Plus there's a collection of support abilities in here too! I should eat more spellcasters.

Approaches:

Careful +1
Clever +3
Flashy +0
Forceful +1
Quick +2
Sneaky +3

Stunts:

Because I'm a mimic, I get +2 when I Sneakily attack by ambushing someone while I'm disguised.

Because of my bag of holding like properties, once per session I can produce just the perfect item for the situation at hand.

Because I ate a book once, I get +2 when I Cleverly Create an Advantage by Spitting forth low level spells from my mouth

Because I am Made of mouths and Teeth once per game I can Eat someone human sized or smaller whole, and remove them from the scene to spit them back later. With a maximum limit of three rounds.

Things wot I own

- Beast Soul: Thunderhawk Soul!
- A very pretty kimono. (Possibly Magical)

quote:

I excel at any parts of the dungeon! I'm adaptable! But if I had to really pick... I guess it was sneaking through, mapping the whole thing out, and bringing the full run down back to Master before the raid began! I was invaluable! You all heard it! Master said it! "Invaluable"! I mean, I found the loot rooms and enemy placement, and boss locations, where the traps were. (They still walked straight into two of them...). Oh, and whenever Master burst into rooms I flapped their cloak, and like breathed out mist. Dramatic effects and everything!

I'm pretty good with the corridors, some of the warmer rooms, with patches of sunlight, makes settling down to wait super comfortable. Ohh, the treasure rooms as well. Natural environment for a Mimic. But like I say, I'm adaptable, I like to mix it up, try new things, innovate.

quote:

I could walk in and out of that dungeon without triggering any of the defenders. None of Master's other minions could pull that off! Come on! How is that not impressive! "In-val-u-ble". Then I snuck behind enemy lines and went after the casters and healers in each encounter!

quote:

Master can see behind themselves without turning around! And Master knows where everyone is and how they're doing! Without even asking! Like Master knows when they're hurt! Is it some kinda magic? I don't think so. I just think Master is super caring!

... sometimes I hear other voices coming out of their mouth. Angry voices. Never talking to us. They talk about trash, and chores, and wasting life, going outside. But Master always returns to us. Perhaps it's tasks from the gods that gave Master their powers.

quote:

Infiltration, scouting, and item hoarding. Apparently I'm a bag of holding with legs. Master made me carry all of their unwanted stuff. Like rocks! I mean, who needs like little stones? So Master made me hold them. And monster loot. And all the notes they picked up. And potions Master doesn't have space for! I have feelings you know! I'm a girl! We like shiny things! We like to look pretty! (which, for your information has nothing to do with using things to lure in prey! What? Stop looking at me like that!) Just once I'd like to be given something valuable! Rather then having to steal it for myself! Okay, I've got a lot of shiny valuable things. But it's the PRINCIPLE of the matter! You know?

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at 21:24 on May 4, 2017

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Oghrul Skullbasher

quote:

What part of the dungeon did you excel in taking over? How did you impress the overlord in doing so?
They called it the Alabaster Archives, which looked exactly like it sounds. Lots of white, and lots of books. Was a rather pretty place, actually. Even had a small garden for some outdoor reading. Not that we had a chance to admire the scenery once the books came to life and started chewing at us. Nasty things. Not a lot of damage per bite, but they were many, and damned hard to hit.

Originally, the Chief wanted us to burn the whole thing down, make their pages go up in smoke. A simple but effective plan, save for the fact that all the doors had sealed up tight as soon as the books started flying around. Willing as I am to go down fighting for the Chief, seemed like a bad move to roast us after getting so far into the dungeon. That’s about the time that he showed up, this sort of… spirit. Started asking us all these random questions about Eden. At first, we ignored the thing, until I noticed that each book that attacked us was related to the questions the spirit was asking at the time. Turns out the whole situation was a kind of puzzle, where every question answered meant that the relevant books would return to their shelves. Still took us awhile to beat, but it was a lot less painful this way. Seemed like the Chief was pleased by the fact that I actually answered a fair share of the questions. Said it proved it was 'worth putting points into my intelligence stat.'

quote:

Got to admit, I was surprised by just how many of the questions the Chief was able to answer. Much as I respect them, they never really gave off the impression they were all that, well, knowledgeable. But according to the Chief, they’ve been ‘keeping up with all the lore the developers have released. All of it.’ The lore part I get, but... developers? I didn’t exactly understand what they meant by that. Such is a soldier’s life, I suppose.

quote:

The Chief needed muscle. Simple as that. Apparently, they felt bad for instantly thinking of orcs, for some reason. It’s why they made sure I was smarter than many of my brethren. Truthfully, I would have been just fine either way, though I can hardly complain. Means that I’m not as good a fighter as some, but I can serve the Chief beyond breaking down doors. ‘Course, I’m still plenty good at that.

quote:

High Concept: Brawn and Brains
If there’s one thing all evil overlords need, it’s minions, and what better choice than the classic orc? Tired of them always being simple-minded brutes, however, Oghrul Skullbasher was designed by his overlord to be both strong and smart, the pinnacle of orcdom.

Trouble: Jack of All Trades
Unfortunately, the overlord’s attempt to create the ideal soldier has merely left Oghrul a jack-of-all-trades seeking to become a master of all. For better or for worse, Oghrul strives to become the perfect being that his master envisioned.

Aspects
(Supposed) Soldier Par Excellence
Though still mostly intended for face to face combat, Oghrul’s talents also extend to off the battlefield, including skills like wilderness survival as well as tactics and strategy.

Eternal and Curious Scholar
While the majority of Oghrul’s knowledge and studies are related to military matters, the orc has also spent time researching everything else that he could since his creation, usually claiming that it will assist him in better serving his overlord. In truth, Oghrul simply enjoys the process of learning, though he would never admit it.

Low-Class Mob
While Oghrul is individually quite skilled, most people would be unable to discern that at a glance, seeing him only as an orc like any other. As such, he’s easily disregarded or shown less respect than some of his fellow monsters. Not that Oghrul particularly minds, since it was the way his master created him. Besides, the underestimated foe can be one of the most dangerous.

Approaches
Careful: Good [+3]
Clever: Fair [+2]
Flashy: Mediocre [+0]
Forceful: Good [+3]
Quick: Average [+1]
Sneaky: Average [+1]

Stunts
Stalwart Soldier of the Vanguard
Gotta keep these numbskulls alive, even if they're determined to make that job harder. Because I'm a Stalwart Soldier of the Vanguard, once per scene I can Defend for an ally without spending my action.

Not Just Dumb Muscle
The Chief gave me increased intelligence, so it's only right that I put it to use. Because I’m Not Just Dumb Muscle, I gain +2 when Cleverly Creating An Advantage by figuring out an opponent’s weakness/es or Stunts.

Warrior’s Keen Eye
Every attack leaves an opening, but not everyone can find it. Because I have a Warrior’s Keen Eye, when I succeed with style while Carefully Defending against an attack, I can give every ally a +1 to hit on their next attack against that target rather than taking a Boost.

Other Equipment
Shield of Darien De Verr
Gem-encrusted shield. With the gemstones inside, can use Holy Smite 1/day. With the gemstones removed, makes melee attacks do holy damage.

Cursed Warhammer of Might
Makes Oghrul even more swole, but can't unequip the thing. Not that he'd want to :v:

TheFireMagi fucked around with this message at 19:24 on May 4, 2017

Daraken
Oct 9, 2007

Maybe tomorrow, I'll find a home.

Ike Plozhen, Duergar Blacksmith

quote:

High Concept: Glass Cannon Cannoneer
Built for both ranged DPS and crafting, the Overlord unfortunately had to cut some things for the NPC to work. Namely, Ike's durability. In fact, if not for the innate duergar constitution bonus, poor Ike would have probably fallen to a stiff breeze in game. As is, he's still pretty fragile even in armor.

Trouble: What is Stealth?
Clad in heavy armor, armed with a large cannon and with a love of explosions, stealth and quiet is not to be expected of Ike. Neither does he have the patience for it either. Instead of sneaking around or trying to be circumspect, the duergar cannoneer much rather take things bluntly and straight on.

Aspect: Anything Can Explode
With enough explosives placed in the right place, anything can blow up. And Ike is the perfect duergar for that job. Though perhaps his tendency to try and use explosions to solve everything is a bit worrisome.

Aspect: Master of Ballistics
Firing a cannonball or throwing bombs is harder than it looks. It takes a good eye and a mind for calculating distances. Thankfully the Overlord put plenty of points into Ike's Accuracy skill.

Aspect: Resentful Crafter
The other half of Ike's build. And unfortunately, the one he dislikes more by far. Crafters have a tendency to be taken for granted, and Ike is no exception. The tedium of the work compared to the much more exciting explosive combat doesn't help either. Still, it's an important job that someone has to do.

Approaches
+3: Clever
+2: Careful, Flashy
+1: Forceful, Quick
+0: Sneaky

Stunts
Dead Shot
Because I am a Dead Shot, I get a +2 when I Carefully attack with a ranged weapon.

Architect
Because I am an Architect, I get a +2 when I Cleverly overcome obstacles when it involves man-made structures.

Pyrotechnics Lover
Because I am a Pyrotechnics Lover, I get a +2 when I Flashily create advantages when trying to distract or blind someone.

Fate Points: 3/3
Stress:1O 2O 3O
Consequences
Minor (2):
Moderate (4):
Severe (6):

Yami Fenrir posted:

Well, even if the boss is a bit new at this, everyone knows you send the duergar to take care of the underground stuff. And boy oh boy, it sure was fun down there. Nothing like making things explode in tight corridors and triggering cave-ins to crush your enemies. Alright sure, some of the others did complain about parts of the ground collapsing up above, and how much of the dungeon I was ruining in the process, but who cares? They could take a few explosions, and I was going to be the one fixing things up in the end anyways.

quote:

Right so there I was, clearing out the riffraff in the warren of tunnels down below. When I got deep enough though, I walked right into this huge open cavern, filled with crystals and glowing mushrooms. Real fancy atmospheric stuff, especially when you include the giant turtle in the center of the room. Of course my cannonballs just bounced off the drat thing's shell. The bombs I tossed after that didn't seem to do much either. But you know what they say, if at first you don't succeed, try, try, try again. Long story short, the whole dang cavern collapsed and buried the tough bastard. But what really makes it funny was, you know what was way up above, right on top of the turtle? A mini-boss room! So that big old stone golem, without any of us firing a single shot at it just falls down, down, down and then splat. Hilarious.

quote:

The boss? They say a lot of funny stuff. Like how I shouldn't look at my explosions and just walk slowly away from them. Something about it being 'cool'? Seems kind of silly, since half the fun of blowing things up is watching it get blown up. They did get pretty excited and started clapping the one time I did that while lighting up my pipe. And seeing how the boss seems to love seeing things explode almost as much as I do, I suppose I can indulge them occasionally.

quote:

Well, I think the boss got a little greedy when it came to me. I mean, blowing stuff up is great. Hitting the boss' enemies with cannonballs or bombs never gets old. But since I was a duergar, I guess I was also the best fit to be the resident crafter. Don't get me wrong, making stuff for the boss and the rest of the crew is important! It just gets so boring, and no one ever thanks you for it. They just take their newest piece of gear and toss more requests at you. It's great and all to see the boss wearing something I made, but to be honest, I much rather be blowing something up.

Daraken fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Jan 8, 2017

Scrree
Jan 16, 2008

the history of all dead generations,
edit: Robot in a fantasy game oooops

Scrree fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Jan 8, 2017

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Edit: Issue resolved.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Jan 8, 2017

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Sabel

Ah yes, hello hello! My name is Sabel, witch and thief in the service of our dear Master. Good to meet you!

quote:

While I did assist in dealing with traps and magic, I'm proud to say my biggest contribution was when both of those were combined in the Room of The Resting Knight.

quote:

So we needed a way to disarm the traps so we could get by the Knight - we were rather unprepared to just deal with them head on I'm afraid. The traps were hard, but the Master told me "Just keep doing it until you succeed." Simple enough. It took a lot of healing potions, and trying to avoid the Knight when they awoke, but eventually every trap was disarmed and the Knight went back to sleep.

quote:

After we took over the dungeon, the Master had another task ready right away. "Go to the lands of Skaxes, find out what it's like. Uh, see if you can get close to them. And find out more info about them, okay? Like, what they might like as a gift. Or something. You know."

Now I might have been made just a little while ago, but I can tell when someone has a cruuuusssh! Haha it's so cute! I didn't tell the Master that of course, they like to take themselves seriously. But how could I possibly say no to that request when it's about love? Sadly, getting to Skaxes themselves is difficult but I'm working on it. One of my top priorities, as a matter of fact!

quote:

To get "info dumps" when they want to find something out, to go among their rivals and find their secrets, and to steal what they want. Last one's been a bit tricky I have to admit. Many of the things the Master wants are highly powerful and therefore highly guarded. I'm sure I'll be able to get them some day though!

quote:

High Concept: Witch Thief

Made to be both a magic user and thief, Sabel's abilities are stretched a little thin due to the limitations of being made at level 1. Still, she does what she can.

Trouble: Well, If You Say So...

To save points on her build and ensure she's follow orders the Master made it so that Sabel generally doesn't disobey or even question orders given to her. This leads to her happily accepting just about any task given by the Master or the leader of whichever group she's working with.

Other:

Just A Regular Person

Unlike a lot of the Master's other creations, Sabel can pass as a regular NPC due to her human nature. This is useful for getting into places without attracting attention and blending into crowds.

I Spend A Lot Of Time At The Library

Being able to access information put out by players is very handy, and can give Sabel a decent amount of knowledge about the world. Unfortunately, since it's user generated there's still misconceptions, outdated info, and false info placed as a joke.

TBD

Approaches:

Careful +2
Clever +3
Flashy +1
Forceful +0
Quick +1
Sneaky +2

Stunts:

Because I am a Smooth Talker, I get a +2 when I Sneakily create advantages when I’m in conversation with someone.

Because of my knowledge of some Not So Subtle Magic, I get +2 when I Flashily create advantages by making a bright/loud/attention grabbing distraction

Because I have rather good thief tools, I get +2 when I Carefully overcome obstacles involving traps or locks

Heliotrope fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Jan 12, 2017

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
This sounds like fun. I'll actually stat up something later, and come up with a name, but my concept is...

Below the dungeon is an entrance to the Magma Halls, an endgame area filled with fire elementals, fire-breathing salamanders and all manner of firey beasts.

So much fire damage, and for the first few strata, precisely zero of any other kind. And while total fire immunity is hard for a player character to get, an NPC Flame Demoness has it for free.

The Overlord's plan to harvest resources from an endgame area urned out to be flawed - the difference in levels meant that it would take weeks in real-time to grind down even the weakest monster, and the resource nodes were in much the same situation.

Still, the Flame Demoness's unique abilities are not entirely useless. She is able to work wonders crafting with common resources, making them molten in the lava pits and shaping them like wet clay. She also transports lava back into the dungeon, to make it's traps a little more deadly. Finally, she makes a little money on the side, watching veteran adventurers fall to the high-level encounters, and rifling through their pockets before they respawn.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Elfface posted:

This sounds like fun. I'll actually stat up something later, and come up with a name, but my concept is...

Below the dungeon is an entrance to the Magma Halls, an endgame area filled with fire elementals, fire-breathing salamanders and all manner of firey beasts.

So much fire damage, and for the first few strata, precisely zero of any other kind. And while total fire immunity is hard for a player character to get, an NPC Flame Demoness has it for free.

The Overlord's plan to harvest resources from an endgame area urned out to be flawed - the difference in levels meant that it would take weeks in real-time to grind down even the weakest monster, and the resource nodes were in much the same situation.

Still, the Flame Demoness's unique abilities are not entirely useless. She is able to work wonders crafting with common resources, making them molten in the lava pits and shaping them like wet clay. She also transports lava back into the dungeon, to make it's traps a little more deadly. Finally, she makes a little money on the side, watching veteran adventurers fall to the high-level encounters, and rifling through their pockets before they respawn.

Hah! Love that idea. Although a Flame Demoness sounds a bit much for a level 1 NPC. maybe some sort of Imp that then later on upgrades to a Flame Demoness? The fire immunity thing is fine to keep, though.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Jan 8, 2017

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Everyone

Make ONE suggestion for the Overlord you want to see in play! It can be as detailed as you want (pictures appreciated). The voting will happen once picks are made.

The overlord has given you a gift! A head slot item. To be precise... it's a pair of bright pink hair bows. What do you think about the gift? And the other servant's reaction to it?

Doesn't it bother you a little, that despite your boisterous title, you're... just a base class skeleton? Sure, quite powerful for the level, but still...

Blackbone

Despite the initial anger at the fact that you cannot use magic, your master has come to appreciate your... unique talents. What's the fondest moment you had serving them so far?

Mimi the Mimic

You've noticed that your usual bite reflex doesn't trigger when the Overlord stores items in you. How does that make you feel, anyway? Does it change with the rarity of the item?

Oghrul Skullbasher

The Overlord made you the guardian (and caretaker) of the Alabastar Archives! Which would be nice... if it weren't for that one thing that's really creeping you out in there. What is it?

What's the coolest thing you've blown up so far? What's the item that you made that you think was the greatest offering to your overlord of yours yet?

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Jan 9, 2017

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Yami Fenrir posted:

Everyone

Make a suggestion for the Overlord you want to see in play! It can be as detailed as you want (pictures appreciated). The voting will happen once picks are made.

Dragon King Yamato! Filled with elemental fury and power! Majestic, charismatic, intimidating, powerful. He's our glorious master and I'd follow him anywhere!

Is he gone? Oh god help me! He's a moron! I marked traps for him and he walked right into them! Twice! We spent half the dungeon raid picking him up off the floor! He doesn't even react to the attacks thrown his way. We were fighting a floor boss and the thing telegraphed it's target. Right where we were standing. We scattered, he stood there and took it! At first I thought it was brave, but then he started jumping about and panicking and it was horribly obvious that he wasn't paying the slightest attention! All of his equipment is way worse then it looks! It's all just magicked to look cooler then what it is! What's worse is that... I can't help but follow him! Admire him! Want to please him! Get jealous when he GIVES RIBBONS TO OTHER GIRLS (WHO DOES SHE EVEN THINK SHE IS THAT SCALY...! >.< ) It's got to be a side effect of our creation.

quote:

Mimi the Mimic

You've noticed that your usual bite reflex doesn't trigger when the Overlord stores items in you. How does that make you feel, anyway? Does it change with the rarity of the item?

First few times it's scary. Like, that's my mouth he's putting stuff into. You'd expect to gag and bite. But it didn't happen. Now it makes me fell... special? I'm his Mimic, and he's the only being who's ever touched my tongue without loosing an arm. But it get's better when he puts in more valuable loot. It's like it's a gift, a present from Master! I'd dance for joy if he wasn't looking. No one ever gives a Mimic anything! Once I'm out of sight I'll play around with the item. Try it on, swing it about, model it, you know? Clearly it's proof that I'm his favourite! Why else would you give a girl all these gifts? :3:

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Jan 9, 2017

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Yami Fenrir posted:

Everyone

Make a suggestion for the Overlord you want to see in play! It can be as detailed as you want (pictures appreciated). The voting will happen once picks are made.

Her Dark Eminence, Midnight

Midnight is an existence of unparalleled poise and sophistication. I cannot imagine a more ideal master. Her skills at magic may not seem to measure up to her beauty, but surely that is simply because she chooses to have her loyal servants manage that which is not worthy of her personal attention.

quote:

The overlord has given you a gift! A head slot item. To be precise... it's a pair of bright pink hair bows. What do you think about the gift? And the other servant's reaction to it?

Ah, yes, of course! You speak of the Ribbons of Awe that our glorious master saw fit to bestow on me, their favorite servant! They insist that that I wear them at all times. How could I not? They are a precious token of the Master's esteem! Statistically, they may be slightly inferior to some of the equipment that I have seen others in my role possess, but that is no matter! What fool requires the aid of equipment to fulfill their calling in life? I could serve as my master's shield with naught but my scales and claws.

It is most curious to behold the reaction of my peers to this gift. Where I would expect to see the jealousy and fear that rightfully should be directed my way as the most eminent of our Master's servants, instead... they seem to find the sight of me to be amusing. I have caught some of the lesser servants making light of me when they think that I am not paying attention. Hmph. Fools, the lot.

At least the dog-men can appreciate the glory of the Master's gift. They have taken to fashioning likenesses of the ribbons for their own use and view the wearing of such to be the highest compliment that they can pay to their Queen and their Master.

Daraken
Oct 9, 2007

Yami Fenrir posted:

Everyone

The Shadow Empress, Ebony Papillon

Fufufufu, you are no match for my Army of Darkness! What? S-shut up! It's none of your business if I want to spend my allowance on cash shop items. My wings are so cool, aren't they?!? And this dress compliments the rest of my gear perfectly! I had to have it!

quote:

What's the coolest thing you've blown up so far? What's the item that you made that you think was the greatest offering to your overlord of yours yet?
Oh, it'd have to be back in the tutorial area! Now I guess most other people would just have fancy sword swings or some piddly fireballs to throw around when they first start out, but not the boss. They had me and the rest of the crew backing them up! So when we got a quest to clear out a rogue alchemist at the top of a tall spindly tower, well hehe. I guess the gods didn't expect someone who could just spend hours piling up explosives around the base of the thing. It sure was a mighty fine sight seeing the whole thing come crashing down, and then with all the pretty colors shooting off when the lab finally caught fire. Got the boss a lot of experience points with that one!

My greatest offering eh? That's an easy question. Their cape of course! Boss wears it all the time, and I can't help but swell with pride whenever I see it. Had to get the crew to gather some rare items to make the thing. It's color, the texture, the way it billows majestically behind the boss whenever they want, it's perfect for them. Yeah, the stat bonuses are kind of low, I guess. But that's hardly important!

Daraken fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Jan 9, 2017

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

I already told Arashi this but i want ONE overlord suggestion per person. Not two. I do want the number of vote options at the end manageable.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Jan 9, 2017

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Yami Fenrir posted:

Everyone

"Oh yes. Our liege is a Dark Officer by class, very much determined to make all the way to Overlord. Specializing in group buffs via Commands, as well as large area utility spells to mold the tide of battle, Dark Officers are deadly indeed when possessing a knack for quick thinking and tactical acumen." Zanzibar's tone seemed ever so slightly disappointed as he finished his explanation, but not enough to really attract attention. It was not the place of the servant to pick their Master after all. He'd just have to plug the major, major leaks in his liege's aptitude to the best of his ability.

Yami Fenrir posted:

Doesn't it bother you a little, that despite your boisterous title, you're... just a base class skeleton? Sure, quite powerful for the level, but still...

If Zanzibar had eyebrows left, this is where he would have raised one in polite, quizzical confusion. "Almost everyone starts as a base class, do they not? This common sense that people begin existence as more or less identical in many things, different specialization options barring, no? Certainly it would be most foolish to feel any sort of spite against such an immutable fact of life", even if he did a bit, actually. It was always annoying in the extreme to have people disregard your noble lineage due to perceived lack of strength, just because power always tended to linearly increase with rank, "Besides, I am confident that any apparent equivalence between myself and assorted bone rabble will be over soon enough, after we advance to higher tiers of exaltation. Perhaps Master shall see it prudent to allow me to recover great artifacts of the Zygomaticus line as proof of my heritage, in time." [Read: Give Zanzibar levels in the Scion sub-class and dump skill points in the Heirloom tree for a sweet combo he read about on the official forums]

Daraken
Oct 9, 2007

Yami Fenrir posted:

I already told Arashi this but i want ONE overlord suggestion per person. Not two. I do want the number of vote options at the end manageable.
Right, gotcha. Dropped it to one suggestion.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Yami Fenrir posted:

Everyone

Make ONE suggestion for the Overlord you want to see in play! It can be as detailed as you want (pictures appreciated). The voting will happen once picks are made.

Despite his lack of combat technique, the Chief certainly strikes a fearsome visage in that armor of his. As fitting for an overlord, his presence and aura alone demoralizes his foes in battle, while that large blade of his is perfect for cutting hordes of them down after they have been weakened. In theory, anyways. In practice, the Chief’s debuffs are almost unnoticeable and his damage output is… questionable at best. Not enough skill points invested into either tree, apparently. Ah well. That is what we’re here for, in the end: making up for our master’s admittedly many shortcomings.

As an aside… surely there must have been a greater compromise between aesthetics and practicality? Not that I would ever think to question the Chief, but I just can’t figure out the purpose for all the spikes. A deterrent for being grabbed? But then, why on the sword as well? It bothers me. Truly, it does. Hah, why couldn’t he just wear something that was less flashy? Honestly...

Yami Fenrir posted:

Oghrul Skullbasher

The Overlord made you the guardian (and caretaker) of the Alabastar Archives! Which would be nice... if it weren't for that one thing that's really creeping you out in there. What is it?
Hmph. ‘Creeping’ is a strong word, don’t you think? I am not some dormouse who grows timid at the slightest noise or sign of danger. As an orc by nature and soldier by trade, I would prefer if you used a more suitable term than… Ahem. That aside, there is something that has been ‘concerning’ me since I was assigned to the Archives. I’ve noticed several tomes have been taken out from the shelves and left lying around, yet none of the others say they were the ones to read them. At times, I have heard laughter and the turning of pages, and occasionally even feel the presence of someone watching me as I work. Yet no matter what tricks or methods I’ve tried, I am unable to find the source of these ‘concerns.’ But as the newly appointed guardian of the Archives, I will find whoever or whatever this is. If only so that I can stop worrying about it so drat much...

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

My other car is an asteroid
:black101:

Yami Fenrir posted:

Everyone

xxx_GrantTheGrand_xxx

Having heavily invested in NPC creations, the player stands behind his allies, surveying them as a General does the battle to direct them as he wills. Using the few magics they have learned to provide fire support from the safety of the backlines. Mostly due to being poor in any other form of combat and unable to stand up to damage.

Yami Fenrir posted:

Blackbone

Despite the initial anger at the fact that you cannot use magic, your master has come to appreciate your... unique talents. What's the fondest moment you had serving them so far?

My fondest memory was the first time I went to the surface with them. I mean, I'm a creature of the dark and the deep sure, but... well the first time you see the limitless sky is an education. My world was close, rooms and tombs and tunnels, compact. My horizon was the four walls around me and as far as my skull light could illuminate. Can you imagine coming out into an infinite room, larger than even your imagination. I've never felt so small and insignificant, my task so daunting. But our Master? Didn't even skip a beat, just watched my reaction then took me up this old decrepit tower, like a mouldering basement that got lost and fell towards the sky, so I could see the view. They just watched silently while I absorbed my place in the world. That my Master can observe such a thing as if it were commonplace, then determine to rule it? I saw their ambition from the look in their eye as we stood on that tower. A dream that titanic, to rule not just the deep but the high sky as well? You're drat right I'm going to follow them across that horizon. Besides, I heard there's silver up in those clouds. Who else is going to mine the sky out if not me?

JohnOfOrdo3 fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Jan 11, 2017

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Katja's sheet should be finalized now.

Yami Fenrir posted:

Everyone

Alabaster Lightspurned, a human claiming to be a fallen angel(despite angels--fallen or otherwise--not being a valid player race) and obsessed with the beauty of darkness. Turn-ons include long walks on the beach(at night, of course) and dramatic Latin chanting.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Scylla Mortabludenko

Your last aspect seems a lot more like a Trouble than your Trouble is?

What made the Glitterbone Forest so dangerous that you found all those adventurer corpses to raise?

Katja Caldera

Grandpa? Order? How are both of things possible? You're a freshly created demon, are you not? Just what did the Overlord do to make that possible?

Sabel

What did you find about about the other beings of the Overlord's otherworldly origin you've been in contact with so far? Do they scare you?

Scrree
Jan 16, 2008

Coral, the Naga Enchantress

quote:

High Concept: Puzzle and Trap Enthusiast : (Invoke: I’ve got the perfect answer! Compel: I know we're in a hurry, but I have to investigate!)

Sliding block puzzles, weighted switch puzzles, crossword puzzles, pitfalls, locks (keys are cheat codes), etc. What others see as mere obstacles or wastes of time, Coral sees as works of art that need to be dissected and appreciated in the greatest detail. The fact that in Eden Online going from one village to the next requires igniting five hidden torches to raise a magic gate is, to Coral, proof of a beautiful world.

Other Aspects:
Songstress (Invoke: Be strengthened by the song of my people. Compel: The power of music moves us all, a bit too much, and backwards.)

Coral’s main power as an enchanter comes from the power of her voice. Mystic songs to make the party capable of breathing underwater, resistant to poison, or simply faster and more accurate in battle. Of course, while skipping a beat or singing off key is always embarrassing, doing so with a magic song can have quite unintended effects.

Cold Blooded (Invoke: This place is perfect for me! Compel: It's just too (blank) to do any good work.)

Due to her semi-reptilian nature, Coral is strongly affected by her environment. Cold makes her more calculating, considerate, and lethargic. Heat makes her more fierce, emotional, and rash. Dryness just makes her miserable.

Amphibious Scout (Invoke: Send me and I’ll find the path forward. Compel: I’m uh, not really built for brawling.)

Some would claim that making your backline-buffer and frontline-scout the same character is a bit of a party building mistake. The Overlord has either never heard or never cared for those people’s opinions. Coral does her best to handle both jobs, and is one of the best when acting in the water. it’s only when she’s caught between the two positions that things can get a little tough.

Trouble: Nobody Respects My Chosen Artform!: (Compel: Do you want my opinion on how Puzzles Are Art. No? Too bad!.)

How can the others not appreciate the immaculate simplicity, the impeccable placement, the master craftsmanship of the sliding block puzzle? Coral has composed several (very convincing!) speeches on how wonderful puzzles and traps are, and how critics are just haters with no taste at all. While she can mostly keep control of herself around the Overlord, who she understands has tragically little love for puzzles, she can be a bit less than perfectly respectful of other people's desire not be lectured on how incredibly cool using mirrors to shoot light into a statues’ eyeball is.

Approaches:
+3 Careful, Quick
+2 Flashy
+1 Clever, Sneaky
+0 Forceful

Stunts:
Patience Borne From Love
Because I have a Patience Borne From Love, I gain +2 to Carefully Overcoming a situation that involves traps, puzzles, or other completely inert obstacles.

Kin to the Ocean
Because I am a Kin to the Ocean, I gain +2 to Quickly Attacking in or under water.

Enchanting Voice
Because I have an Enchanting Voice, I gain +2 to Flashily Create an Advantage through song.

Coral's Things!
* Trident of the Water Veil: once per session you can make a small globe of water around yourself
* Barding of Intelligence +1

quote:

“Well, I don’t think I’d say I excelled, but everyone praised me, so...” Coral paused and sighed “Let me explain, we had just finished fighting the rhino gang in the vine canyon and everyone was a little bit tired. We went down a staircase deep into the earth, and the next room we entered was a cliff overlooking a big pit filled about halfway with water. In front of us there were slots for four levers, but only one lever was in place. Master pulled it, the water in the pit rose ten feet, he pulled it again, the water fell ten feet.” Coral started to get excited as she described the scenario. “Master sat down and said ‘ping me when u guys figure this out, im gonna go get some ramen.’ Everyone started setting up camp, but I jumped into the pit and started to explore because - water,” She pointed to herself “that’s totally me.”

“It looked like I expected; there were pathways exiting the pit at different levels of elevation. The premise was to control the level of the water, explore the uncovered rooms, find the levers hidden inside and bring them back to change the water level again and so uncover more rooms. It was a good dungeon puzzle! But,” her voice started to shift from excitement to something more sullen “as I was exploring what I thought was the bottom floor I saw a small tunnel that lead even further down. I followed it to a really dark chamber. It was hard to see, so I ended up bumping right into a Giant Clam!” At this, Coral held her arms as far apart as she could, then looked at them. “No, bigger than this, big enough to swallow me whole – which it tried to! I dodged away quickly and sung it a lullaby. Luckily my song worked, and as it fell asleep I saw something sparkle in it’s mouth. I snatched the shiny thing from it’s gullet and then swam as quickly as I could towards the surface, which is where I realized my mistake.”

She lurched forward in embarrassment, hands covering her eyes, “I had grabbed the final lever! We slotted it in, pulled it, and a hidden door opened the path to the next area. I ruined the whole puzzle!” Coral started to breath deeply, and had to take a moment to collect herself from the traumatic memory, “I offered to bring it back down to the clam so we could do things properly, but everyone told me that wasn't needed.”

quote:

“He was really happy when he came back from ramen. He said that since we skipped so many fights we should definitely have enough healing to beat the dungeon boss.” Coral paused, wondering if there was anything left to add to her story, “Oh, after we took control the dungeon I asked him if I go could back and do the whole room properly. He said yes! It was a lot of fun, but I’m not strong enough to fight the giant clam, so it’s still down at the bottom.”

quote:

“He seems to be more focused on results than doing things properly, which is fine...” Coral paused and narrowed her eyes, battling internally between the urge to never criticize the overlord and trying to answer the question honestly, “Sometimes he doesn’t seem to realize that the only way to get results is to do things properly, and we waste a lot of time. It’s fine though, really, it’s fine!”

quote:

“I was made to do puzzles. The first thing Master said to me was that he never wants to bother with puzzles again, so I get to do all of them! I love to solve puzzles!”

Coral coughs, realizing that answer might’ve been a little too enthusiastic, “And to bolster my allies, debilitate our enemies, scout through river, lake, and ocean, and provide musical entertainment, if need be.”

Yami Fenrir posted:

After you "solved" the underwater puzzle, the overlord mentioned 'an annoying water temple' and a legendary item, the 'ocarina of time'. Did you find out anything interesting about either of these things?

"Yes, and they sound amazing! The water temple is this big palace of puzzles with multiple levels, locked doors, acidic oozes - but," Coral's tail begins to tap excitedly against the floor "best of all is that the water level is changed through the power of song!"

"I nearly keeled over when I heard that. Master then told me that when he was younger he visited a land called Highrule, and in Highrule there are magic songs that can manipulate the weather, summon mounts, grow beans, and even control the flow of time! Honestly," Her eyes begin to drift to the floor, "hearing about such wonders made me feel a little envious; my magic is much weaker." Coral pauses for a moment, remembering that the last song she acquired was the 'Ballad of Weapon Durability +1'. "I asked Master if he could show me any of the music he learned, but he just laughed and said 'maybe if i had the ocarina with me lol'. I asked him how he lost such a powerful artifact, and he told me that he became frustrated by the water temple and soon gave away his 'ocarina cart' to a friend. Oh, how impatient and generous an overlord I serve!"

"I can't find Highrule on any maps, but I will go there one day and plunder it's secrets! And," she starts to grin, but lowers her voice as if afraid someone will overhear, "I'll use this 'Song of Time' to go back to the water temple in the past, and teach young Master how to appreciate puzzles!" A look of trouble flashes over her face "Although, if Master didn't mind solving puzzles, would he have any reason to create me? Hmm..."

Scrree fucked around with this message at 18:58 on May 5, 2017

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Coral, the Naga Enchantress

After you "solved" the underwater puzzle, the overlord mentioned 'an annoying water temple' and a legendary item, the 'ocarina of time'. Did you find out anything interesting about either of these things?

Scrree
Jan 16, 2008

Gendolfo Merlini Dumbledorium is a human wizard that believes in maximum evocations. He has min-maxed his skill build so that he can cast Pyroclasmic Decimator, an incredibly overleveled fireball, once per day and nearly nothing else. Since he lacks the ability to cast any normal spell he spends most of his time on adventures casting the level-1 magic arrow cantrip, barking orders, and managing consumables. He is... generally overly conservative about item usage.

Gen is incredibly proud of being able to cast Pyroclasmic Decimator, and often speaks of 'uploading one-hit-kill footage to my channel'. He absolutely refuses to cast it unless the party is facing the final stage of the final boss in an area, and even then only when he's sure that it'll deal lethal damage. He tries to give off the impression of a venerable sage, but his high pitched voice and general lack of any real plan reduces the effectiveness of his posturing.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Yami Fenrir posted:

Katja Caldera

Grandpa? Order? How are both of things possible? You're a freshly created demon, are you not? Just what did the Overlord do to make that possible?

Oh, the Order's easy! They're super not picky about new initiates, it's like they'll let any one who just walked into town with nothing but the clothes of their backs. There are loads of places like that in towns, everyone knows that. In fact, the first task the Boss sent me on was joining up! They don't even require that much of their members at first, unless you're one of those guys who just sit at a desk and sign people up all day.

And Grandpa's not aaaaaactually my grandpa. His real name is The Greater Devouring Crimson Mist but that's a mouthful. Basically whenever one us Hellkin are created, we're given a full demon lord who lets us tap into a small, small portion of their crazy raid-wiping powers. Grandpa here is just my own unique Incarnation of G.D.C.M., it's got his personality and most of his knowledge and whatnot but he still gets to be his own distinct lifeform.

Of course that means he's not the only Incarnation out there, we could totally meet another Hellkin also tapping into G.D.C.M.'s powers. Actually in a pub the other day I heard about how sometimes long-lived Incarnations can start acting different than the demon lord they came from! Maybe someday I'll meet a nerdy Grandpa or a Grandpa who doesn't eat with his hands.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Overlord Fist-0 is, for want of better words, a reckless idiot. Having spent the majority of his points on minions, he scoured the character creator for the cheapest weapon he could master, and found bare handed fighting. Nobody takes bare handed fighting because, unlike in other games, Eden Online requires you to get within range of your own arms to hit your opponents with it. No problem, Fist-0 thought, I'll just make myself huge, buy some charge moves, and spend the rest of my points on HP boosts and some spells.

The combination results in an unorthodox fighting style that in the hands of a more intelligent player would be quite capable on its own. As the overlord usually picks whichever move looks coolest instead, it's only his loyal minions that keep him alive.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Percival "Missile" Jasper, the Hellcorgi Paladin

Well met, friend! I am the master's faithful, unyielding warrior! Their unholy champion! I am- CAT!!!!

...Ahem. Apologies, friend. I seem to have been distracted by one of those dastardly feline things. Now, where was I? Ah, yes! I am the Paladin Hellhound, Percival "Missile" Jasper! Yes, you have heard right, I am indeed a hellhound, and a mighty one at that! 'Tis no jest, I assure you!

Still you doubt me!? Grr... fine then! I shall show you that I am not one to be underestimated! Have at the- SPARKLY!!!

quote:

What part of the dungeon did you excel in taking over? How did you impress the overlord in doing so?

Conquering The Clockwork Clocktower was no easy task, I assure you. A combination of moving platforms, ranged enemies, and hidden traps made the climb to the top quite treacherous! Indeed, I have never heard the master utter as many profanities as they did that day, especially when those traps launched us all the way back to the bottom.

Master was about ready to give up on the tower, but I spurred them on to continue forth! My words re-invigorated the master, and they were filled with a new-found determination to see this through to the end! And so we continued onwards, conquering the once-dreaded tower, and, thanks to my keen nose, found many of the secret treasures within! My master was very pleased, and indeed, there was much petting that day!

quote:

I know my master very well! What sort of knight would I be if I didn't!? That is why I was shocked when they appeared, and they were not acting like themselves! Everything was different about them, from their voice, to their mannerisms, to even the way they chose to present themselves! Master had been possessed A demon who calls himself "Fred" had taken over their body!

I was ready to do battle with Fred the demon, until I heard master's voice. They told me they were "cool with Fred." Well, if the master is "cool" with this Fred, then I, too, shall be "cool" with them!

quote:

Master needed a loyal knight, one that would be able to inspire confidence in all those around them! A warrior with boundless energy! The ultimate "good boy," as the master puts it! That is why they made me, and I, as long as I live, will serve them dutifully!

quote:

High Concept: Hellhound (Corgi variant) Paladin
Percival is built to provide both buffs and heals for the party. Unfortunately, in order to do this, his combat abilities had to suffer, and he is surprisingly fragile for a front-line fighter. His appearance is from a special skin you unlock for pre-ordering Eden Online, the "Hell Corgi."

Aspects:

Dogged Determination
Once Percival is given his mission, he will not stop until the task is done. His loyalty to his master is so strong, it gives him the strength to power through any situation, no matter how dire it may be. That said, he can be a little too enthusiastic sometimes, and those around him have a hard time keeping up.

Still Technically a Hellhound
Despite his appearances, Percival is still a hellhound, and he has access to their abilities, like their fiery breath. However, because of his looks and his tiny stature, he is often underestimated, and not that many people choose to take him seriously.

Nose for these Things
If there's one Percival prides himself on, it's his keen sense of smell. He can track just about anybody after getting a slight whiff of them, and he can find things that are normally hidden from sight, such as buried treasure or traps, through the use of his nose alone. Having such a strong sense of smell does come with a few drawbacks, though, as even the slightest odor can be amplified to be more like a noxious gascloud to him.

Trouble: SHINY!!!
Percival is easily distracted by shiny or sparkly objects, and, much to the dismay of those around him, will often chase after any he might see. The Overlord had to put a leash on Percival to stop him from running off in the middle of combat.

Approaches:
Careful: Good (+3)
Clever: Fair (+2)
Flashy: Fair (+2)
Forceful: Average (+1)
Quick: Average (+1)
Sneaky: Average (+0)

Stunts:

Doggo Missile

Because I am a Doggo Missile I gain +2 when I Quickly charge, or thrown, into battle to Attack an opponent.

I got the Touch!

Because I got the Touch, I gain +2 when I Carefully Create an Advantage by buffing an ally.

Good Boy!

Because I am a Good Boy, I gain +2 when I Cleverly Overcome social situations by being a cute, adorable pup.

Equipment:
Frost Mints

Changes breath type to Frost.

Ring of Protection

Gives free defense invoke.

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at 19:20 on May 5, 2017

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

What shiny thing you found got the Overlord into a lot of trouble lately and how? What did you do to atone?

Edit: Everyone, finish up your sheets! Especially if you don't have your stunts yet.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Jan 17, 2017

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

quote:

Everyone

Pr1nc3_SW@G is the type of person you'd hate to have in your party. All he'll do is hang back, do absolutely nothing, and criticize his party for every, single mistake. He thinks he knows everything there is to know about Eden Online (he doesn't), and will "gladly" give you advice on the best ways to play, whether you asked for it or not. He'll take every single loot drop that comes his way, even the ones he doesn't need! He's become infamous on the server for being a Real Big Jerk, and the only reason he put so many points into create NPC is because no other actual player ever wants to party with him.

quote:

What shiny thing you found got the Overlord into a lot of trouble lately and how? What did you do to atone?

Ah, I had hoped I wouldn't have to speak of my lowest moment, but if I must...

The master and I were traversing through the Lich Yard, and, for a while, it looked like everything was going well. The mobs proved to be no problem, and the puzzles? Pah! My master came prepared with the solution beforehand! We were making good progress through the yard... until I was distracted by a shiny object in the middle of an empty field. I... ran straight for the object, leaving my master to deal with a mob of enemies by themselves. What's more, a giant skeleton warrior popped up from the ground, and was heading straight for the master! I should have rushed to their aid, but I... didn't. I ignored my master in their time of need, and for what? A shiny, worthless pebble. I was scolded heavily afterwords by the master, and I had never felt as much shame as I did that day. I had let the master down, and I knew, I could not let this stand.

I had to atone for my misdeeds.

I went back to the Lich Yard, alone this time. Most would say that traveling through the yard solo is a fool's errand, and indeed, the journey was a long and arduous, but that did not stop me! My loyalty to my master was more than enough to keep me going! Through sheer determination, I made my way through the yard, until I came face to face with the giant monster that hurt my master, and after a long, hart-fought battle, one in which I barely survived, I managed to fell the beast, and obtain the object that my master so wanted from this place; the Grand Leather Pants of Maximum Comfort!

My master was most pleased when I bought them their gift, and they forgave me for my past misdeeds. It was a lot of hard work, but seeing the smile on my master's face made it all worth it!

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Hey everyone. Since we didn't have any new interest checks for a while, and all the other apps are either finished or haven't been worked on for a week plus, I've decided to make picks earlier.

My picks are:

quote:

Newbee, Dark Dragon Whelp, played by Tricky

Baron Zanzibar Zygomaticus, played by Theantero

Mimi the Mimic, played by ArashiofOrdo3

Percival "Missile" Jasper, the Hellcorgi Paladin, played by Hugzilla

Oghrul Skullbasher, played by TheFireMagi

Blackbone, played by JohnOfOrdo3

Thanks for all the apps, and sorry to those that did not make it. I had a lot of trouble deciding.

For those that DID make it - I have a few things I want you to do.

A) Post your dungeon parts again, so we can figure out how the dungeon looks like. If you got a suggestion for which floor of the dungeon it should be, voice it. Of course, as long as it makes sense, multiple areas can be on the same level - but some sort of progression will make it easier for you guys to defend it.

B) I want you to pick two other players - write me some backstory blurbs. I want you to have befriended one other NPC, and have gotten into a bit of a raffle with another. Think Masks/MH backgrounds.

C) Vote for an Overlord! Here are the rules: Everyone gets ONE vote. ONLY the suggestions that made it into picks are valid, and you may NOT vote for yourself. Because I will have the pleasure of playing that dumbfuck overlord, I will also throw a vote in.

I am voting for: Her Dark Eminence, Midnight.

Because if I'm gonna be incompetent, at least I wanna look pretty.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Dungeon Part

quote:

Hidden behind a secret passage three levels into the dungeon, the party found a treasure horde protected by a tribe of curious dog-men. Their excited yips, surprisingly sharp weapons, and endless numbers would have struck down any lesser creation, but how could they hope to match up to my glory? Despite the ambush they caught us in, I was able to clear a path to safety for the Master and draw their attention away while they made their escape. I was unable to follow, unfortunately, so I was forced to confront the horde by myself.

It's definitely an underground sort of deal and wouldn't be the first floor, but I'm not sure if it would work more as a side path where all the good stuff gets hidden or a full on floor of the dungeon. Certainly flexible on the specifics!

Proposed Backgrounds

Percival "Missile" Jasper is a trusted comrade in arms. His healing talents, though of course not needed by one as strong as myself, are most appreciated.

Mimi thinks she's the Master's favorite, but she is incorrect. Only one bears the twin marks of the Master's esteem. It is, of course, me!

Overlord Vote

Pr1nc3_SW@G, known Real Big Jerk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Dungeon Part

Theantero posted:

"The Inner Sanctum, where the throne room is", and that was currently somewhat overgrown, but that could be sorted out later, "asked for my talents in particular."

Basically the throne room, the innermost place in the Dungeon. Currently in pretty crappy condition, but that just means we get to customize it with SWEET LOOT later :v:

Backgrounds

Oghrul Skullbasher is an honest sort of orc. For whilst not gentry, and on occasion rougher than necessary, he is trustworthy and the one person here I feel can be depended on to act with something approaching sensibility. It is good I do not need to carry the witless escapades of my other colleagues all by myself.

Speaking of witless escapades, the mutt, or, well, 'doggo' as the Master insists they be called named Percival deserves special mention. Nary a day goes by where the infernal thing does not cause undue trouble for me, the dungeon, or our liege. Whether it be stealing the silver cutlery I had meticulously prepared for dinner, or getting drool all over my immaculately polished breastplate, there seem to be few things it won't find a way to ruin. Indeed, if not the Master's attraction to it, I would have skewered it already. But for the Master's sake I abide its continued harrying, with a stiff maxilla.

Overlord Vote

Midnight since taken Yami voted for her himself, I take he wants to play her the most so sure why not.

Theantero fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Jan 19, 2017

• Locked thread