Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tony quidprano
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
I recognize that I'm a man from a different era but I'm appalled at the lack of availability of shoehorns in the modern shops. Have we as a society simply evolved past the need for the shoehorn? Has the artisanal hipster millenials eschewed the shoehorn in favor of the more fashionable tying your laces every time you put your shoes on? Is velcro coming back? These sorts of questions keep me up at night, perhaps I should start a sort of shoehorn revival movement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piso Mojado

I have a shoehorn, its the only way not to damage nice dress shoes

FactsAreUseless

The shoehorn? You mean the prostate horn? :smug:

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
On the vast plains of the Serengeti, when the Monsoon rains have come and gone and the land is rich and fertile with new growth, it becomes mating season for the fierce and mighty shoe. It is at this time that the shoe will grow a new horn to fend off rivals for it's mate. It is alas, also during this time when hunting season begins and the shoe is killed for it's carcass to wear upon our feet and also for it's prized horn, so that we can use it to pry it's dead body on because society mandates that we don fashionable footwear.

It is a rite of passage for modern man to go out and hunt his own shoes for their horns.

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Plebian Parasite

Manifisto

Splatmaster posted:

On the vast plains of the Serengeti, when the Monsoon rains have come and gone and the land is rich and fertile with new growth, it becomes mating season for the fierce and mighty shoe. It is at this time that the shoe will grow a new horn to fend off rivals for it's mate. It is alas, also during this time when hunting season begins and the shoe is killed for it's carcass to wear upon our feet and also for it's prized horn, so that we can use it to pry it's dead body on because society mandates that we don fashionable footwear.

It is a rite of passage for modern man to go out and hunt his own shoes for their horns.

Tony quidprano
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

Splatmaster posted:

The black market shoehorn trade in asia is truly horrific. Thousands of shoes hunted so shoehorns can be needlessly ground up to for various dubious medical cures.

alnilam

Piso Mojado posted:

alnilam

lol

Ace of Baes

Piso Mojado posted:

Manifisto

1500quidporsche posted:

The black market shoehorn trade in asia is truly horrific. Thousands of shoes hunted so shoehorns can be needlessly ground up to for various dubious medical cures.

that's why when you go to a zoo none of the shoes have horns. the shoes look funny but they're useless to poachers.

Kthulhu5000

by R. Guyovich

Manifisto posted:

that's why when you go to a zoo none of the shoes have horns. the shoes look funny but they're useless to poachers.

if your zoo has a poacher problem, get a better zoo!

In re: to OP, I don't think there's anything wrong with the odd anachronistic accessory, so long as it doesn't become some expression of too-precious eccentricity. mama's baby can have a shoehorn, but mama's baby should be all about the shoehorn, dig?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

alnilam

*welcoming friends over to my housewarming party* hi hi, thanks for coming! Here hand me your coats. Does anyone need a shoehorn to get their shoes off? Cause I have one! Yup, shoehorn havin house here. Use it every day myself. Now a lot of people use plastic and some use chrome but I really think the bamboo shoehorn has the ideal balance of strength and flexibility.

*friends have already gone to get a drink halfway through this, without taking their shoes off, tracking salt through the house*

Manifisto

if pdq bach did not write for the shoehorn, he should have

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NT6bxlnS1Is

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
i remember when i was a child and i found some old shoehorns I thought they were the feet of some ancient automaton and spent the next several hours looking for the rest of the body

Historical Wizards

I initially got a shoe horn to try and be 'hip' and 'with it' thinking to my self "What use could this really have?"
But I have found the ability to honk at people with terrible walking etiquette to be really useful.

Many thanks Social Vegan for the wonderful av, and Fanky Malloons for the sig

Doctor Dogballs

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

i have a shoe horn and i vote

----------------
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HopefulSophisticatedIndianrhinoceros-mobile.webm
"The Bad Boy of Comics"

vanisher

Modern man:

http://i.imgur.com/91Vw2ke.gifv

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

free Trapt CD

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*
i advise also buying a hat horn. personally, i haven't gotten stuck in my beanie now for... *counts on fingers* five? five days

~sig~

free Trapt CD

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*
tired of having to reach long distances to remove your shirt? "if only there were some other way!!!" well, now there is. the Shirt Horn

~sig~

Historical Wizards

Its a real shame I didn't find out about all this earlier, I had just used the wishes granted to me by a Djinn to get my g*sh d*rn shoes on

Many thanks Social Vegan for the wonderful av, and Fanky Malloons for the sig

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
having a shoehorn is like still grinding up ur flour w/ a stone mill

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Tony quidprano
*stares out the window by his cubicle appearing to be lost in deep thoughts*

*Turns to computer and types "While my Shoehorn gently weeps" in a blank text file and hits save*

Robot Made of Meat

I have a shoehorn, but only because it has a back scratcher at the other end.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Mac Tonight

aw yeah tahts it man

i hate that i recognized this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EZHVokj1lI

Senior Management

I once lived the dream of being a proper shoehorn owner. I protected my shoes and filled them with vigor. But my time on the top was cut short. I put my shoehorns in my car so that I might live in luxury and elegance on the long journey to Taco Bell. And thus they were never seen again. Filled with shame and broken shoes I returned to my rightful place in the gutter off third street. You know, behind the library where you have some protection from the elements and that bakery sometimes dumps the stale bread. But I have seen the view from the top. And it was good.

:jerry:

100 HOGS AGREE
I have and use a shoehorn and I was skeptical at first but it has improved my life.

the littlest prince

shoehorns are being hunted and it's a right shame because they're just so, so beautiful. why, for example take a look at this shoehorn from the serengeti i have mounted above my fireplace. look at the deep hues and the smooth curves. tell me you've seen a more beautiful shoehorn in all your life and i'll show you a liar.

social vegan

*is embarrassed because he still doesn't get how to blow into it to get a sound to come out*

gnarlyhotep

by Lowtax
I have a shoeshine kit that my grandpa left me before he died.

It just has shoeshine stuff. Maybe I'm not of the class to have a shoehorn?

----------------

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack
The shoeshine kit and shoehorn have nothing to do with each other, buddy. .

----------------

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack

the littlest prince posted:

shoehorns are being hunted and it's a right shame because they're just so, so beautiful. why, for example take a look at this shoehorn from the serengeti i have mounted above my fireplace. look at the deep hues and the smooth curves. tell me you've seen a more beautiful shoehorn in all your life and i'll show you a liar.

The shoe went extinct in the late 80's from over hunting thanks to demand from newly minted brokers snorting coke and buying fancy shoes during the financial boom, thanks Reagan.

----------------

Manifisto

gnarlyhotep posted:

I have a shoeshine kit that my grandpa left me before he died.

It just has shoeshine stuff. Maybe I'm not of the class to have a shoehorn?

was there by any chance some sort of treasure map mixed in with or adjacent to the shoeshine kit? or maybe some mysterious coded symbols engraved in the wood of the shine box?

the shoehorn is out there, if you have the wit, wisdom, and bravery to claim it

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

I have upgraded to the shoe blunderbuss

Senior Management

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

I have upgraded to the shoe blunderbuss

my shoe cannon elegantly fires shoes perfectly onto my feet up to a mile away

:jerry:

Tony quidprano
What is the evolutionary significance of the shoehorn? De-horned shoes live perfectly normal lives in captivity but there must have been some use for the shoehorn in the wild.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
North Korea is preparing to launch it's first ICBH (Inter-Continental Ballistic Shoehorn) in a show of force that demonstrates Kim Jong Un's desire to "weaponize anything and everything we can, including shoe horns!"

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

gnarlyhotep

by Lowtax

Manifisto posted:

was there by any chance some sort of treasure map mixed in with or adjacent to the shoeshine kit? or maybe some mysterious coded symbols engraved in the wood of the shine box?

No, just a plain wooden shoeshine box. I took a pic of it for you

----------------

Plebian Parasite

I stuck my shoehorn inside a very deep shoe and now I can't get it out. Any ideas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanisher

Plebian Parasite posted:

I stuck my shoehorn inside a very deep shoe and now I can't get it out. Any ideas?

Shoe horn... horn

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

• Locked thread