Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Demi-chan wa Kataritai is a comedy series set in a world where demi-humans, or Demi as that apparently sounds cuter, are starting to become more common and accepted in human society. The male lead is a teacher who wants to learn more about demi-humans and ends up meeting a few at his school, three students and a newly hired teacher.

The series is based on a manga which currently has 4 volumes out in Japan and the 2nd one is being released in English January 17th.

Cast

]
Tetsuo Takahashi. Biology teacher. Human
Voiced by Junichi Suwabe

Hikari Takanashi. Vampire
Voiced by Kaede Hondo

Kyoko Machi. Dullahan
Voiced by Minami Shinoda

Yuki Kusakabe . Snow Woman (Yuki-onna)
Voiced by Shiina Natsukawa

Satou Sakie. Math teacher. Succubus
Voiced by Yoko Hikasa

The show is very cute and funny, you should watch it.

Demicol fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Jan 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Kibibit posted:

Machi picking up her head so she could shake her head no.

For such a small scene this was really great, hope there continues to be more stuff like this.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Neat.
I was considering making the images in the OP gifs of the story books opening but with the previous character running away as the previous one gets on screen it doesn't really work. Didn't even think to just do this, kinda want to replace the screenshots with these now.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Done, also added a small mention of the manga. Thanks!

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

I too was smiling trough the entire episode.

Loved that she has a little hut for her head to sleep in

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

I didn't realize how tall Machi is until they showed what she'd like look as a normal human.

CrazySalamander posted:

I had a shiver of horror when they showed Machi's sling over the bath. With the head tumble earlier it just made me imagine her hands being too slick as she took her head off the sling, dropping it into the water and in a panic slipping and falling on top of her head in the water, stunning her and causing her to drown.

Yeah it seems pretty unsafe, just hanging there. They couldn't install some kind of basket for her head?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Araki posted:

This was probably my favorite anime this season, it was just so warm and heartfelt from start to finish. The police episode was kind of mediocre (mostly because the boy's story didn't go anywhere), but all other episodes were so good.

Agreed, this was the show I always looked forward to most each week. I'll probably hold out hope for season 2 instead of reading the manga, it just can't match the atmosphere of the anime, especially with the top notch voice acting.

• Locked thread