Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I lol'd when I realized there is a TV show that is an origin story for Taken

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Can't argue with that. Even if I didn't love the movie as much as most he's flat out amazing in it.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Reminder that Casey Affleck sexually harassed multiple women during the production of that dumbass Joaquin Phoenix movie.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The only Best Drama film I haven't seen is Moonlight but all of the others are good to great films. I personally liked Hell or High Water most.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

didn't they already make a series of unfortunate events a few years ago with jim carrey

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

didn't they already make a series of unfortunate events a few years ago with jim carrey

That was 13 years ago

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit

X-O posted:

The only Best Drama film I haven't seen is Moonlight but all of the others are good to great films. I personally liked Hell or High Water most.

Hell or High Water is on my 2nd tier of films from last year with La La Land. Manchester, Arrival, and Moonlight are my top three.

People seemed really down about last year in film, but those top 5 were all amazing.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Maybe they're trying to make a good one now?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Leo "I finally have an Oscar I literally don't have to give a poo poo about anything anymore" DiCaprio.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

GonSmithe posted:

That was 13 years ago

drat I woulda guessed like 6 or 7 years tops

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
Here's an upset

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Wow. That's a shocker.

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
Anything that makes Paul Verhoeven look good is fine by me.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

I really wanna see this movie it sounds extremely my poo poo

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Now that's someone that is legit shocked they won.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Carl Weathers! Watch out catering.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Nice!

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
I am extremely down with this pick.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Only one win, but it's the big one.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Carl Weathers needs to run for governor somewhere to break the eternal tie between Predator and Running Man

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Of course it's the only one I haven't seen. I guess I know where I'm going Saturday.

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit

X-O posted:

Of course it's the only one I haven't seen. I guess I know where I'm going Saturday.

I was in tears for the final third of this movie, and I in no way can relate to the main character.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Jerusalem posted:

Keaton got the best revenge by living to see Eddie Redmayne star in Jupiter Ascending.

Eddie basically stole the show

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

marioinblack posted:

Hell or High Water is on my 2nd tier of films from last year with La La Land. Manchester, Arrival, and Moonlight are my top three.

People seemed really down about last year in film, but those top 5 were all amazing.

Haven't seen Manchester, or Moonlight. I won't pay for Manchester since Casey is a scumbag, but look forward to seeing Moonlight. Arrival is top ten, but I like LA La Land the most. Easily my favorite film of the year. Hell Or High water is top 5 too. And Passengers actually.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

I didn't know anything about the Casey Affleck harassment issue until this thread. I just googled it and holy poo poo, if true, he is an absolute scumbag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.

X-O posted:

Look up the trailer for Monster Trucks.

bah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQrj2M-2Uiw

Monster Trucks (2016) - IMDb
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3095734/

Do you like a standard odd couple 80's movie looks like with fast and the furious cgi.

If so, this movie is for you.

The species was creatively original. Ever wonder what would happen if you crossed a dolphin, octopus and a kitty and made it a subterrean race?

I got fort macmurray flashbacks from the oil scenes.

and when was the last time you saw the scientist as one of the heroes, not the villain?

and monster truck suplex!

I enjoyed it immensely. :)

• Locked thread