Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Miami started with 10 men in the box with one high safety on both of the Steelers opening drives so AB made them pay

The dolphins secondary is also garbage so that shouldn't effect the Chiefs game plan to much.

Unless the chiefs secondary is also garbage, then well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Eric Berry is really, really good, and so is Marcus Peters, but AB has clowned Peters in consecutive meetings

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Eric Berry is really, really good, and so is Marcus Peters, but AB has clowned Peters in consecutive meetings

I think poor weather seriously favors the Chiefs. Trying to force throws is eventually going to go poorly, and that's how the Chiefs win.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Strobe posted:

I think poor weather seriously favors the Chiefs. Trying to force throws is eventually going to go poorly, and that's how the Chiefs win.

On the other hand poor weather traditionally favors running, and that's a huge plus for Pittsburgh in this matchup. Unless Ben is just incapable of playing and does anyway (which is a possibility) I think Brown is going to get his, just hopefully not 150 yards and 2 TDs in the first quarter.

If there are turnovers to be had obviously it would be great if the Chiefs could grab them, and it is a strength. Offensively I can see Kelce/Maclin/Hill doing some work, Andy/Alex going conservative/checkdown only as they are wont to do would be rough.

Reid is notoriously good coming off a bye, by all rights this should be a fun game to watch even if you aren't a fan of either team.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
Pittsburgh is used to playing in lovely weather, so I don't think it hurts them too much. Le'Veon had that monster game against Buffalo in the snow a few weeks back, although it was one of Ben's worst games this year. Bad weather could also dampen the noise at Arrowhead a little.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Thaddius the Large posted:

Nah, the report of a walking boot has already been retracted, reporter just saw his court ordered ankle monitor and got excited.

i feel like roethlisburger is always wearing an ankle boot, guy seems to be like bruce willis in unbreakable except his power is that he is such a lunkheaded oaf that it doesn't bother him, the man who is too dumb to feel pain

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Osweiler definitively named starter in the Pats game

Congrats Pats fans

lol like it'd make a difference

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

shiksa posted:

tip to all nfl players still in the playoffs: avoid boats

Row the boat...? :(

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

shiksa posted:

tip to all nfl players still in the playoffs: avoid boats

Jose Fernandez would agree

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

CyberPingu posted:

Jose Fernandez would agree

Jose avoided the boat pretty well after it hit the rocks

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Intruder posted:

Osweiler definitively named starter in the Pats game

Congrats Pats fans

lol like it'd make a difference

I have no doubt BoB puts in Tom Savage the moment he fucks up.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Miami started with 10 men in the box with one high safety on both of the Steelers opening drives so AB made them pay

Miami was also starting four potatoes at safety and CB yesterday

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Oh neat we're likely getting a comp pick for Branch eh?!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

They also started the worst SS in the league because the best SS in the league was hurt.

My god did they look bad

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Yeah, every Miami fan was like:

We gonna lose cause we are so injured and have dudes playing off the street.

But, a good and promising season for Miami.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

A Man and his dog posted:

Yeah, every Miami fan was like:

We gonna lose cause we are so injured and have dudes playing off the street.

But, a good and promising season for Miami.

I realized that no one IRL listens to me when I talk about the miami dolphins because i kept getting texts like, "you guys are awful! how did you make the playoffs?" and I was like, "you don't listen to me when i talk about the injures on my football team!!"

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Amy Pole Her posted:

They also started the worst SS in the league because the best SS in the league was hurt.

My god did they look bad

But Kam Chancellor is healthy? Don't see how that'd matter to Miami anyway.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

R.D. Mangles posted:

i feel like roethlisburger is always wearing an ankle boot, guy seems to be like bruce willis in unbreakable except his power is that he is such a lunkheaded oaf that it doesn't bother him, the man who is too dumb to understand consent

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Go Falcons, Texans, Chiefs, and uh........Green Bay?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Big Ben always wants everyone to know how injured he is, but that he's going to tough it out and play anyway. I swear the guy has put together powerpoint presentations on his own injuries.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
The Texans can't win and the rest of the AFC is very high on my poo poo list.

In the NFC there are 3 teams who I don't really hate but whose fanbases I don't want to see get another championship anytime soon.

Officially on the Falcons bandwagon, they're my only hope. If they can't win then I guess Green Bay would be kinda sorta ok but gently caress...Rodgers is such a douchebag

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I cannot believe this is a real picture

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Black Sunshine posted:

The Texans can't win and the rest of the AFC is very high on my poo poo list.

In the NFC there are 3 teams who I don't really hate but whose fanbases I don't want to see get another championship anytime soon.

Officially on the Falcons bandwagon, they're my only hope. If they can't win then I guess Green Bay would be kinda sorta ok but gently caress...Rodgers is such a douchebag

Yeah it just doesn't seem likely that the Texans have a shot, particularly when you factor in that it's likely to snow on Sunday.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I'm not even slightly surprised

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Can't think of a better fate for a terrible towel than to be covered in poo poo and vomit...

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
look at the comment also

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

What I'm getting at is that it's just another day in Pittsburgh.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

a new study bible! posted:

Can't think of a better fate for a terrible towel than to be covered in poo poo and vomit...

unfortunately at that point, the babies don't really poo poo and vomit on everything. Moms don't start producing milk until day 3-4 usually, so their poops are like glue and they don't really spit up

dad facts! :science:

e: also those babies should be swaddled. What you are looking at is a huge SIDS risk

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Mel Mudkiper posted:

look at the comment also

Aatrek looking at those babies the way Big Ben looks at coeds.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

TheChirurgeon posted:

unfortunately at that point, the babies don't really poo poo and vomit on everything. Moms don't start producing milk until day 3-4 usually, so their poops are like glue and they don't really spit up

dad facts! :science:

e: also those babies should be swaddled. What you are looking at is a huge SIDS risk

You sound like a good dad :)

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

a new study bible! posted:

You sound like a good dad :)

I have my moments, but I'm new to the game. I'm more like a B- level dad

right now there's an ongoing battle over whether our son will be a Ravens fan or a Cowboys fan. I plan to win my wife over by showing her Kawalimus' posts

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

TheChirurgeon posted:

right now there's an ongoing battle over whether our son will be a Ravens fan or a Cowboys fan. I plan to win my wife over by showing her Kawalimus' posts

why go for negative reinforcement? Look for positive inspiration.

Use BBP posts

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
If Seattle beats Atlanta, they either play the Cowboys in Dallas or the Packers at home. I'm not sure which is worse.

I guess it's better to just see if we beat the Falcons first!

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

TheChirurgeon posted:

I'm a Lions fan in the UK, and my girlfriend was so frustrated watching the Lions that she threatened to support the Browns

I managed to talk her down from that ledge fortunately

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

seiferguy posted:

If Seattle beats Atlanta, they either play the Cowboys in Dallas or the Packers at home. I'm not sure which is worse.

I guess it's better to just see if we beat the Falcons first!

Which we're not gonna do, because we don't have a pass defense without Thomas, and that is Very Bad on the road against the Falcons.

If we somehow do, it means the offense has actually turned a corner, in which case I feel much better about either of those NFCCG matchups. But we won't, so I don't.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Pittsburgh-area-hospital-wrapping-babies-in-Terr?urn=nfl-314361&loc=interstitialskip

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Mel Mudkiper posted:

why go for negative reinforcement? Look for positive inspiration.

Use BBP posts

She'd ban football from the house

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

MikeCrotch posted:

I'm a Lions fan in the UK, and my girlfriend was so frustrated watching the Lions that she threatened to support the Browns

Well at least she wouldnt be expecting a ring anytime soon

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Mel Mudkiper posted:

And ben last got blackout drunk 9 months ago....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

shirts and skins posted:

Which we're not gonna do, because we don't have a pass defense without Thomas, and that is Very Bad on the road against the Falcons.

If we somehow do, it means the offense has actually turned a corner, in which case I feel much better about either of those NFCCG matchups. But we won't, so I don't.

Yeah, pass defense is the big concern in that game. But I dunno... anything can happen. I think Atlanta is favored, but I feel that the Seahawks have a better chance than the Huskies had against Alabama. Atlanta is gonna be without Desmond Trufant, so hopefully we can exploit that.

• Locked thread