Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I enjoy posting with both of you, but let it be said that the day the Dolphins stomped the Steelers, Shazier was out, Can Heyward was playing on a high ankle sprain, and our team ROTY was benched.

You guys were pretty impressed with that beat down, so you don't get to have it both ways imo

We were 1-4 at the time and still double digit underdogs the day we beat you down so this logic is flawed

You were favored by 13.5 and coming into the playoffs as the hottest team in the league.

I don't recall you stating over and over "we're going to get blown out" like ehud and I were prior to this game so, again, even you didn't find it comparable at the time.

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Jan 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

In a similar vein:

Season DVOA ranking of each team left in the playoffs:

1st Patriots
2nd Cowboys
3rd Falcons
5th Steelers
6th Chiefs
7th Packers
9th Seahawks
29th Texans

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

I have zero rooting interest in any of the teams left; maybe the Texans if Brock wasn't garbage (and like they'll beat the Patriots anyway lol)
On second thought I'd root for the Packers if Rodgers wasn't such a dick (he's fun to watch though)

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Way to go rest of the AFC South.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Kalli posted:

Because without these photojournalists, how would we ever get the real important stories?

$10 says he's filling that can with clean urine for Von

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
My kids give my life a semblance of meaning in my empty broken soul.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

lol at everyone in Houston saying that Saturday's game proved Brock is figuring it out

He literally threw two excellent passes, a handful of ok ones, and then his usual menagerie of garbage

I liked how he threw that perfect sideline ball to Nuk and Gruden started talking about how he's been throwing those four yards OOB all season, then on the next drive he tried to throw one to Fuller and it went four yards OOB

Also Mike Vrabel is going to interview for the Rams HC job. Noooo don't go Mike :(

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Anyone remember some "scoop" about a 4 team spring league from like a month ago, has there been anymore information on that?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Turned out to not be related to the NFL

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

No Butt Stuff posted:

lol at cloth diaper chat.

disposables from amazon subscribe n save for life.

trying to do cloth with twins would have killed me. well, my wife. because i wouldn't have tried.

My boss had triplets and she gets this glazed, distant look in her eyes when she thinks about the amount of laundry that would be needed to cover that. She told me since they were born in March, she estimates her and her husband have changed like 5000 diapers.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

^^^ wtf are they changing them every 2 minutes? kids can have a little piss in their pants for an hour.

TheChirurgeon posted:

He'll be 4 months old in a week, so we have a long way to go before we're out of diapers.

I want to be continually excited about the Astros, but man we just can't seem to beat the loving Rangers ever

Yeah I'm glad we didn't have twins. Having this one convinced us that, like the Giants this year, we'd prefer to go one-and-done. I'm sure that may soften a bit in a year or two when we've forgotten about how bad sleeping is in the first two months and we're riddled with stockholm syndrome, but I suspect this is it. It helps that we got a boy (which we both wanted) and that he's adorable

I have 4. (The twins were last.)

Do never have more than two. The game changes. A lot.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

On second thought I'd root for the Packers if Rodgers wasn't such a dick (he's fun to watch though)

How's he a dick? Show some dickish quotes, as I don't know of any.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Leon Einstein posted:

He shuns his entire family? :shrug:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Leon Einstein posted:

WONDERLICK BRAGGING

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I mean there's been a whole shitload of evidence that's come out this season

-Cancelled on being his friend's best man the morning of the wedding
-Skipped his grandfather's funeral
-Apparently acted like a cocky prima donna when he was first drafted and treated Favre like he was on his way out
-Hasn't spoken to any of his family for like two years

Off the top of my head

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Leon Einstein posted:

Got incredibly pissy when Jaworski rightly critiqued his throwing motion out of college

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

No Butt Stuff posted:

^^^ wtf are they changing them every 2 minutes? kids can have a little piss in their pants for an hour.

There were three of them.

She had two kids before the triplets and is a pretty chill person so I don't think it's them changing it every second

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Seriously, skipping your grandfather's funeral is really lovely. Unless it comes out the dude was in the SS or something.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
None of us are privvy to his family drama so making judgements about it is stupid.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

Dead? That's what they want you to think.
I think Rodgers is cut from the same cloth as Jerry Rice or Michael Jordan and is powered by every slight, no matter how minor or imagined.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Apparently he and his grandfather were super duper close before he cut his family out of his life. He called him before every game

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

JPP wants to stay with the Giants but will refuse another one year deal, tag or not. "I've done proved it...There's not a guy like me doing it with 7.5 fingers"

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Leon Einstein posted:

None of us are privvy to his family drama so making judgements about it is stupid.

I think it's stupid that you love Aaron Rodgers more than his own family apparently does.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Oh also when Rodgers parents sent him and Olivia Christmas presents, they were mailed back unopened a couple months later

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Leon Einstein posted:

sorry we don't like your quarterback

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Leon Einstein posted:

what about hsi relationship drama

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Aaron Rodgers is a dumb turd and the entire state of Wisconsin worships him with super annoying accents.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
His parents may have done something unforgivable. Who knows? I'm not reading into some ridiculous 3rd hand Christmas present story, seriously?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Leon Einstein posted:

You're the guy who says "We shouldn't form opinions until we know all the facts" when news stories that seem to contradict your beliefs break aren't you?

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
https://twitter.com/JessamynMcIntyr/status/818511785313505280

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Leon Einstein posted:

His parents may have done something unforgivable. Who knows? I'm not reading into some ridiculous 3rd hand Christmas present story, seriously?

Sorry your QB is an rear end in a top hat, but at least you can take solace in the fact that he's really really good

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

Intruder posted:

You're the guy who says "We shouldn't form opinions until we know all the facts" when news stories that seem to contradict your beliefs break aren't you?
I didn't see that on the "news", you got a source?

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Honestly, the grandpa story really makes me raise an eyebrow and wonder if there's something going on with him, because that's not just "rear end in a top hat behavior," that's... pretty dramatic.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Aaron Rodgers is just Pat from Achewood.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

No Butt Stuff posted:

mother of god

Yeah, no interest on this end.

I felt a little sorry for Rodgers reading that article about him first coming onto the team and getting treated like poo poo by Favre and co, until I started reading about how he kept going after Donald Driver took him aside and told him "Rodgers, we know you're smart... now shut the gently caress up"

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I'm not arguing that he's not an rear end in a top hat, I'm just saying the TMZ bullshit isn't going to mold my opinion.

He seems more like he's on the spectrum than anything.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Leon Einstein posted:

I didn't see that on the "news", you got a source?

lmfao

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
:qq: please don't make speculations about my quarterback :qq:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.