Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I think Rodgers is cut from the same cloth as Jerry Rice or Michael Jordan and is powered by every slight, no matter how minor or imagined.

And Trump, hohohoho

And much like both, they will continue to torment me for the foreseeable future :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Aw jeez those discount double farm commercials are a real hoot and a half dontchya know

You betcha

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Don't forget the dude who said Green Bay is just as fine a place to go as, say, NYC, LA, Paris...

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Haven't a bunch of ex Packers like Driver and Jennings come out and said Rodgers is an aloof rear end in a top hat? Just saying, you never hear anyone that played with Brady or Peyton say that.

Also he roots for Wisconsin even though he went to Cal. The gently caress, man

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
It's going to come out that his parents abused him/stole his money/won't accept their gay son and you're all gonna feel like jerks.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I wouldn't believe a word Jennings says about anyone in or around the Packers organization tbh

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

who punched a hole in the closet?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

FizFashizzle posted:

lol

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Chris James 2 posted:

JPP wants to stay with the Giants but will refuse another one year deal, tag or not. "I've done proved it...There's not a guy like me doing it with 7.5 fingers"

I'd love to keep him but he was ready to walk after last season before we franchised him and he blew himself up, so I don't know if we'll be able to afford him this offseason. If we pay JPP, we probably can't pay Hankins or DRC, and I'm torn who I want to keep most (DRC probably)

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

FizFashizzle posted:

:drat:

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

JPP isn't going to get the crazy deal he once was. But I bet he gets a nice 3-4 year deal that pays him 12-14M a year.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
im hard again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8nbrIy9Gs0

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

yeah but you made me listen to cowherds stupid voice

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

No Butt Stuff posted:

JPP isn't going to get the crazy deal he once was. But I bet he gets a nice 3-4 year deal that pays him 12-14M a year.

Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up in Carolina.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

FizFashizzle posted:

Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up in Carolina.

um, does he have tattoos?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

A glory hole pun was right there and nobody took it? :mediocre:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

No Butt Stuff posted:

um, does he have tattoos?
He's into... darker body mods.

sean10mm posted:

A glory hole pun was right there and nobody took it? :mediocre:

He's not that short.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Chiefs fans pumping themselves up with hype stuff, you guys are playing a dangerous game with your emotions

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Febreeze posted:

Chiefs fans pumping themselves up with hype stuff, you guys are playing a dangerous game with your emotions

big stumbling dumbshit Ben gonna walk into Arrowhead with his pants half down and put up 500 yards while Brown and Bell do a bong smoking dance in the endzone

book it

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Chiefs are my favorites by far and I am shocked that other people don't find them as insanely watchable as I do.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

big stumbling dumbshit Ben gonna walk into Arrowhead with his pants half down and put up 500 yards while Brown and Bell do a bong smoking dance in the endzone

book it

And still lose on an Alex Smith qb keeper with 11 seconds left in the game.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Ben will throw multiple dumbshit picks but Bell will have 8 ypc.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I'd be terrified to have the very good but risk taking and imminently burnable Marcus Peters covering AB

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Chichevache posted:

Chiefs are my favorites by far and I am shocked that other people don't find them as insanely watchable as I do.

gently caress the Chiefs

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

Febreeze posted:

After the losses in '93 with Montana dying, '95 with the kicker missing 3fgs, '97 with Marty starting Elvis Grbac over future MVP Rich Gannon, '03 literally no punt game, '10 with the Ravens brutalizing, and '13 blowing 28 points I've gotten to the point in fandom where I can get as hyped as I want, but only feel minimal sting when they lose.

If they lose it'll be just like last year where I'll feel mildly annoyed for a few hours and then probably go on with my day. Unless there are some shenanigans like blown calls or other bullshit. Then I'll be pissed.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Intruder posted:

I'd be terrified to have the very good but risk taking and imminently burnable Marcus Peters covering AB

yeah there's going to be a free safety on his side of the field for most of the game, I'm betting.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

No Butt Stuff posted:

JP's contract will probably be a couple digits short.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Crazyweasel posted:

I'll be at the NE game. I last attended the Rams game so I'm pretty pissed my brother won rights to the AFC Championship Tix :argh:

I'll report how utterly uninterested the soft crowd will be by half time

Way late on this but if you're going to report on the crowd at Gillette you're going to have to do it before half-time.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

No Butt Stuff posted:

yeah there's going to be a free safety on his side of the field for most of the game, I'm betting.

Yeah, I honestly think Peters and Parker/Sorensen might be able to hold Brown to maybe a decent but not a huge game like he usually has. The rest of the CBs is a crapshoot.

My big worry is the DL and ILBs being able to contain Bell. They have no chance if he rides roughshod.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Amy Pole Her posted:

We were 1-4 at the time and still double digit underdogs the day we beat you down so this logic is flawed

You were favored by 13.5 and coming into the playoffs as the hottest team in the league.

I don't recall you stating over and over "we're going to get blown out" like ehud and I were prior to this game so, again, even you didn't find it comparable at the time.

I did say the Steelers were going to lose to you guys for an entire week before it happened. I did not expect the beating that actually happened tho

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Intruder posted:

It's been a while since he's been targeted a bunch, people kinda stopped throwing at him around week 6ish. Brown's historically been really good against him so I don't figure Pittsburgh will bother to scheme him away from Peters all the time.

So yeah that's both terrifying and exciting.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
someone please print some shirts

any shirts

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Leon Einstein posted:

I'm not arguing that he's not an rear end in a top hat, I'm just saying the TMZ bullshit isn't going to mold my opinion.

He seems more like he's on the spectrum than anything.
You won't say he's an rear end in a top hat based on his actions but you will put him on the autism spectrum?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Re: Boatgate

Brady was on the radio for his weekly interview this morning and pointed out that when he was a younger player they'd go off and do stuff like that all the time. The difference was it wasn't publicized and that basically, the vacation itself wasn't a distraction, but publicizing it made it one since the NY media focused on it like nothing else.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/adammarko/status/818288023590891522

https://twitter.com/espnassigndesk/status/818330578260987904

https://twitter.com/adammarko/status/818457337144999937

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

a neat cape posted:

gently caress the Chiefs

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Kalli posted:

Brady was on the radio for his weekly interview this morning and pointed out that when he was a younger player they'd go off and do stuff like that all the time. The difference was it wasn't publicized and that basically, the vacation itself wasn't a distraction, but publicizing it made it one since the NY media focused on it like nothing else.

Honestly the only mistake the Giants made with the vacation was posting a picture about it. Without the picture I doubt anyone cares. Social media blows everything the gently caress up now and Beckham already has a microscope on him

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Kalli posted:

white

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Umm, doesn't twitter own it now or something like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Also I think by @ing ESPN in the reply gives them the permission to post the exchange, picture and all.

• Locked thread