Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I hope Tom Savage gets the start

Touchdown Tom vs Touchdown Tom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Please don't hate on the Texans' Nic Cage

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Your Taint posted:

gently caress the Texans slightly less.

The Texans own but I wouldn't expect a dude who regrets a trade of a 5th for Odell Beckham to understand that

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

No Butt Stuff posted:

My wife just bought me tickets or I'd hit you up. What section are you in?

Oh look it's my mortal enemy ;)

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Osweiler definitively named starter in the Pats game

Congrats Pats fans

lol like it'd make a difference

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

TheChirurgeon posted:

Yeah it just doesn't seem likely that the Texans have a shot, particularly when you factor in that it's likely to snow on Sunday.

The Texans actually play pretty well in snow, especially for a southern team, but yeah the Patriots are going to dunk all over them just like they always do

TheChirurgeon posted:

unfortunately at that point, the babies don't really poo poo and vomit on everything. Moms don't start producing milk until day 3-4 usually, so their poops are like glue and they don't really spit up

dad facts! :science:

e: also those babies should be swaddled. What you are looking at is a huge SIDS risk

They look like they're swaddled under the towels

But yeah, their poo poo is like elmer's glue for the first several weeks as they drink colostrum, and since my wife and I went the cloth diaper route it was a real bitch lol

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

It wasn't that bad, we bought one of those bidet-like sprayers that attaches to the line leading to your toilet tank so we could just spray everything in the toilet before tossing it in the diaper buddy

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

They're both out of diapers now, 6 and 3 (7 and 4 in a few months), yours?

And hey now the Astros are going to be good this year

- me last year before the disappointment

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

It's seriously not as hard as it seems, especially if you invest in one-size all in ones.

Then again, with twins that could have been different

And you save a shitload of money

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

lol at everyone in Houston saying that Saturday's game proved Brock is figuring it out

He literally threw two excellent passes, a handful of ok ones, and then his usual menagerie of garbage

I liked how he threw that perfect sideline ball to Nuk and Gruden started talking about how he's been throwing those four yards OOB all season, then on the next drive he tried to throw one to Fuller and it went four yards OOB

Also Mike Vrabel is going to interview for the Rams HC job. Noooo don't go Mike :(

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Turned out to not be related to the NFL

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I mean there's been a whole shitload of evidence that's come out this season

-Cancelled on being his friend's best man the morning of the wedding
-Skipped his grandfather's funeral
-Apparently acted like a cocky prima donna when he was first drafted and treated Favre like he was on his way out
-Hasn't spoken to any of his family for like two years

Off the top of my head

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Apparently he and his grandfather were super duper close before he cut his family out of his life. He called him before every game

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Oh also when Rodgers parents sent him and Olivia Christmas presents, they were mailed back unopened a couple months later

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Leon Einstein posted:

None of us are privvy to his family drama so making judgements about it is stupid.

You're the guy who says "We shouldn't form opinions until we know all the facts" when news stories that seem to contradict your beliefs break aren't you?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Leon Einstein posted:

His parents may have done something unforgivable. Who knows? I'm not reading into some ridiculous 3rd hand Christmas present story, seriously?

Sorry your QB is an rear end in a top hat, but at least you can take solace in the fact that he's really really good

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Leon Einstein posted:

I didn't see that on the "news", you got a source?

lmfao

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Don't forget the dude who said Green Bay is just as fine a place to go as, say, NYC, LA, Paris...

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I wouldn't believe a word Jennings says about anyone in or around the Packers organization tbh

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

FizFashizzle posted:

who punched a hole in the closet?

:drat:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I'd be terrified to have the very good but risk taking and imminently burnable Marcus Peters covering AB

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

How many points do the Texans need to score to win this weekend?

More than they will

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

That has to be the hugest line in playoff history

e: And the over/under is only 44.5 lol

Intruder fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Jan 9, 2017

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

A Brock led team with a great defense just beat New England last season. New England should obviously be heavily favored at home, but come on. The Texans aren't the Browns.

The Texans were embarrassed by Jacoby Brissett this very season

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Brock is literally the worst starting QB in football this season (not including spot starters, or maybe even including them). Like you could probably pop Case Keenum in this offense and it'd improve drastically

There's always a chance he has some weird good game like he did against the Bears or Packers (and lol he only threw for 202 yards against the Packers, but no picks and two TD) but I wouldn't count on it

The dude got yanked out of a game against the loving Jaguars defense

Intruder fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Jan 9, 2017

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I will say that if Brock plays a clean game like he did against Oakland and has similar production, I could see the Texans having a 50-60% chance of covering

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

hifi posted:

we just need our own tom brady - kawalimus from houston, texas

I'd settle for our own Alex Smith

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The only possible saving grace is that the defense is playing significantly better than it was the first time they played the Patriots

Watt played in that game but he was already broken by that time, supposedly he reinjured his back in the KC game but played anyway. AJ Bouye and Wilfork are also playing a lot better than they were at that point. But Kevin White is the team's best CB arguably and he's out so :shrug:

The offensive line was a lot more in flux at that point too, not that it's a very good line right now though

Both starting ILBs are poor in coverage so like Kalli said, yikes when it comes to RBs running routes

e: Plus, you know, Brady's playing in this one

Intruder fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Jan 9, 2017

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Savage has cleared the concussion protocol so maybe O'Brien will have Brock on a short leash

He drat well should

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Tom Brady caught up in illicit shirt printing scandal

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I really doubt it ever was

Wasn't that just Glazer speculating?

Really need to get a better offensive coordinator next season though. The playcalling has been atrocious, both under Godsey and when BoB took over. Could argue that Brock's limitations put a shackle on playcalling though

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Metapod posted:

Nuk fuller and Miller are good at football

Nuk has as big a catch radius as any WR in the league but Brock seems to find ways to miss it regardless

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

GaussianCopula posted:

The Texans were beat 27-0 by the Patriots version of the Oakland Raiders last week (3rd string QB starting and got injured during the game)

Well if they get multiple defensive scores then they won't get shut out smart guy :colbert:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

That's pretty great

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Hey Bill, Shane Lechler has managed to remain one of the best punters in the league despite his advancing age. Can you explain what techniques you see that allow him to kick so deeply while maintaining good angles and hangtime?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

sean10mm posted:

"We're on to Innsmouth."

Nice

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Bill was Ryan Gosling's performance in the film Drive overrated?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Ehud posted:

I just found out this weekend that my niece is pregnant. She's 17. My sister is going to be a grandmother at 33.

lol if you didn't grow up as white trash in a trailer

Looks like your niece made it longer than your sister then so... progress?

My cousin had her first kid at 16, also nearly went to jail for injecting the hit that OD'd and killed the father

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Ehud posted:

:hfive:

Like ten more generations and they will be appropriately aged

Teach them that working IT and doing deadlifts will keep those hormones in check

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

There are only seven games left boys and girls.

Are you counting Texans/Pats as a game?

Also I share first names with a famously closeted autist jerk

• Locked thread