Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

chiefs v packers is the only superbowl that doesn't make me want to self harm at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I cannot believe this is a real picture

And ben last got blackout drunk 9 months ago....

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Has Atlanta played any other teams this year where they had to maintain contain on a quarterback and stay disciplined and not over pursue? That seems to be the best way to handle Wilson's elusiveness, force him to go backwards, don't let him go laterally.

They lost to the Seahawks and Bucs, although TB was week 1 so doesn't really count.

They gave up 32 points to the Packers.

Cam isn't a lateral runner.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Leon Einstein posted:

None of us are privvy to his family drama so making judgements about it is stupid.

what about hsi relationship drama

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

who punched a hole in the closet?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

No Butt Stuff posted:

JPP isn't going to get the crazy deal he once was. But I bet he gets a nice 3-4 year deal that pays him 12-14M a year.

Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up in Carolina.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

No Butt Stuff posted:

um, does he have tattoos?
He's into... darker body mods.

sean10mm posted:

A glory hole pun was right there and nobody took it? :mediocre:

He's not that short.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Sucker bet.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

He'll probably have a better offer from Carolina.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Enjoy AJ Klein, Bills fans.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

I'd honestly like to have him for the Chiefs at the moment.

I'm comparing him to pretty much automatic holes in the run defense and realize he might not be much of an upgrade, but welp.

He's a good not great linebacker. Does everything decently enough.

Basically another Dan Connor.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

quote:

ESPN Panthers reporter David Newton "could see a scenario" where Carolina releases Jonathan Stewart this offseason.

Stewart has two years left on his contract and will turn 30 in March. He's coming off three-year lows in rushing yards (824) and YPC (3.8), but Stewart ran behind an injury-ravaged line, still scored nine touchdowns, and ran extremely hard, finishing third in Pro Football Focus' elusive rating, which factors in broken tackles. Stewart has missed three games each of the last three seasons. Carolina could save $6.25 million against the cap by making Stewart a post-June 1 cut.

Stewart still has gas in the tank and the Panthers have like the fourth most cap space in the league and absolutely nothing else at runningback so i have no idea what the point of this speculation is.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Leonard Fournette

swapping stewart for fournette does nothing to improve the team.

I don't give a poo poo how good he is; he's not going anywhere with those offensive tackles.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

TheChirurgeon posted:

Yeah I got a blockage one time in my ears and that pretty much curtailed my q-tip use. The process for removing it wasn't bad (they basically put a bigass syringe of water in your ear and use that to force it out), but waking up unable to hear in one ear was pretty terrifying.

lol if yours wasn't so bad that it popped out of your ear and stuck against the wall.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I had both done, and both had gotten so bad gradually that i didnt notice it was happening.

Everything was deafening when I walked out of there.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

i eat pieces of poo poo like you for breakfast

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

seiferguy posted:

I remember like 8 years ago, I worked for a call center company, and a somewhat cute girl sent out a non-biz TGIF email with funny links to "brighten up our day" and one of them included a link to a thread in GBS about someone who lit a bee's nest on fire as a way to get rid of it. I replied to her e-mail about something something stairs in house, and she replied with "LOL I don't get it". Maybe she did, but didn't want to admit it.

God that was a great thread.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I used to use aim to talk to members of this forum about....stuff happening on the forums.

Hooverfan used to message me all the time to tell me to shut the gently caress up.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

TheChirurgeon posted:

Ed Reed might be the best safety to ever play the position.

According to belichick he's like top seven all time regardless of position.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

greg olsen is seriously a top five all time panther

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

shirts and skins posted:

So is the rest of that list like

1. Steve Smith
2. Cam Newton

4573. Dying of thirst and ebola at the same time
4574. Rae Carruth

some combo of smith, cam, olsen, moose, and kasay

you can argue for peppers, jake, minter and rucker.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Thomas Davis..

oh god yeah. probably bumping kasay for that

i just didn't want to have too many current players.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Chargers moving to LA is so loving stupid and petty

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

i can understand the rams move. the team is garbage, the owner is rear end, and losing a team loving blows, but i get it.

St Louis is a garbage and poor market ad will always be a baseball town, the dome was total trash, LA probably should have a team, the Rams used to be there, etc

but my god moving the chargers there doesn't make a shred of sense. It doesn't solve their stadium issue, since they won't be getting their own and will be loving renting space. There's no history there. It doesn't solve the problem of putting a team in LA since that's already been addressed. They're absolutely a legacy team. And it's into a market that hasn't shown it can even support the NFL.

If Goodell was worth a drat he'd step in and block it. Frankly I'm surprised the rooney's and Mara's haven't gotten involved but I guess diminishing owners bargaining power with municipalities is just a step too far.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

and getting rid of the name? why the christ?

now when the jags or bucs or whomever move in five years for the new san diego stadium they can change their name to the chargers.

This is very reminiscent of when Charlotte kicked out the Hornets just so they wouldn't have to deal with george shinn anymore.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Who are they even trying to send that message to?

charlotte probably and they just caved anyway, maybe whatever actual municipality is in charge of the bucs, maybe jacksonville.

No one else is a realistic threat to move.

on top of this, the chargers are going to be a disaster in LA. They're on a downward slope and they're going to be a little brother team. I mean maybe their immediate outlook is brighter than the Rams, but being slightly less lovely isn't much of a draw.

Plus, who's left to buy season tickets? What LA football fan decided to wait for the Chargers?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Diva Cupcake posted:

Blatant ripoff of the Dodgers logo.

looks more like a suicidal bayonet charge

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

loving jpg artifacts?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

from my buddy

quote:

The Chargers held training camp in Carson in 2003 at stub hub center. Two dozen people showed up according to Lee Jenkins from SI, when they'd usually get around 2K in their usual location. Two dozen!

so they attracted significantly fewer people than the crossfit games, which just had to move to wisconsin because they couldn't afford to stay in Carson.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

What does the NFL do three years from now when the Chargers are failing miserably?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Kalli posted:

Move them to wherever a crooked governer will ram through a stadium funding bill for them.

so welcome to.....kansas?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Can't wait for them to brag about selling out a 30,000 seat stadium.

Funniest thing is they don't have the right grass/sod for it. The Crossfit games loving destroyed that place every single year, and that's just a bunch of roided up gymnasts.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I just can't get over a thirty thousand seat stadium

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

after getting ticket upgrades reviewing the video tape....

quote:

The District Attorney has reduced the charges against Steelers OLBs coach Joey Porter after reviewing surveillance video.

Originally charged with aggravated assault, simple assault, resisting arrest, public drunkenness and disorderly conduct, Porter is now only facing the final two, relatively minor, charges. It's unclear if this will be enough to get him back on the sideline for this weekend's Divisional Round game.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ha. That's just a fake. I left the real one...in my car....at the airport

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

oh my god a loving minor league baseball team is throwing shade spanos you gently caress

https://twitter.com/LibertyNBC7SD/status/819515604809883649

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

kiimo posted:

Two new Chiefs "food" items for the playoff game.

THE “VICTORY FORMATION”

Chef’s take: “A savory bread pudding bun here with smoked chicken, gouda and a roasted red pepper relish."

Where can I find it?: Blaze stands 325, 301 and portable stands 109 and 127

THE MACK SHACK SAUSAGE STACK

Chef’s take: "A smoked sausage with our famous mac and cheese, brisket burnt ends with barbecue and a bruschetta tomato herb."

Where can I find it?: Mac Shack stands 103, 117 and portable stands 301 and 325

FizFashizzle fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Jan 13, 2017

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Quite a custom title.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

fsif posted:

Never realized the most vicious infighting on these dead forums was in Goons With Spoons.

The chili thread led to several permabans and a couple of death threats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Time posted:

wait please link me

Every other post was gently caress YOU BITCH ONLY ASSHOLES PUT CUMIN IN CHILI

• Locked thread