Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Indiana_Krom posted:

There were a number of really awkwardly translated phrases in this episode.

The hell does "Throw a homer?" even mean anyway? I thought that was exactly the kind of thing the pitcher in baseball wants to avoid? I know I would have also been confused as hell if I didn't actually know enough Japanese to easily pick out "where are you throwing?".

And Vigne saying the traditional Japanese prayer before a meal is supposed to further reinforce how she isn't demonic, changing it to some prayer to the dark lord doesn't even fit what the sequence was building for.

I can forgive the whole "Oh-so-beastly" bit because its a untranslatable pun joke. (Demon == Akuma, Bear = Kuma, she puts on a bear suit "Ah! Kuma!". :rolleyes:) The biker gang stuff is also way off from the literal translation but fits the tone of what was being said so it gets a pass.

"Throw a homer, why don't you" = "that throw was awful"

It wasn't a turn of phrase I'd heard before, but I got it. The problem is I got it because I understood what they were saying in Japanese...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Very good.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Had to double-take on the hamburger in the last panel, very very good

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Agronox posted:

Very good.

I want to see more 4kids subs now.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

AnacondaHL posted:

Had to double-take on the hamburger in the last panel, very very good

I like the chair she is sitting in. :allears:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Holy poo poo

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Triple-take achieved. Well played.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

:vince:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

AnacondaHL posted:

Triple-take achieved. Well played.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

My God.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

joining the "ohmygod" chain

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

z0glin Warchief posted:

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
I actually didn't know the story behind the whole Duwang thing until looking it up just now. Funny stuff.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

z0glin Warchief posted:

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

https://twitter.com/HugBdrill/status/833792471955935232

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
Gab is not a lemming!

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

is gab a Friend?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Futaba Anzu posted:

is gab a Friend?

She is small, cute, and hairy, but I'm not sure she's nice enough.

mpyro
Feb 9, 2003

'Cause I live and breathe this Fillydelphia freedom
https://my.mixtape.moe/phwvhq.webm

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

This is incredibly soothing. I wish it looped in my browser like it did on my phone...

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

You can right click -> loop in most browsers I think.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhJhnqEbyAw

full OP with lyrics color-coded to the cast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHKpGAWcw_4

full ED

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Vigne's VA has a drat good singing voice.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Satania screwing up in the OP is hilarious.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Translations when?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Bad to the Bone.

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Xelkelvos posted:

Translations when?

Here's the OP video with bad translations:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQ3C74yzgb0

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

That was quite a balanced ep. Nice devil comeuppance.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Smug Satania is very powerful.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
I wonder how American/Japanese teachers in reality would deal with a student like Satania.

Like, it seems like gura-sun takes it as his personal duty to make sure she knows what a worthless worm she really is. Is that really a thing that happens in any first-world country?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i don't think glasses considers satania a worthless worm as much as she really pisses him off in classes

he tries to give her her favorite snack for halloween, even

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Sunglasses-Sensei seems like a competent teacher who is very exasperated with Satania's Chuunibyou schtick and is trying to do his part to raise her into a socially competent adult.

He will never defeat Satan

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice
This was a great episode. When Gab is a little more sociable the extent that she's a schlub becomes a lot more entertaining.

YOU HAVE FED ME TRIBUTE, and FOR THAT! You shall be rewarded a thousandfold in turn! :allears:

It's hilarious imaging them more as Greek Demigods doing their thing.

This was a great episode to flesh out Rephi, I wasn't yet bored of her bullying of Satania to the same degree of Gab's shtick since they spaced it out better but it's great seeing that she can have set backs happen to her.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Raenir Salazar posted:

This was a great episode. When Gab is a little more sociable the extent that she's a schlub becomes a lot more entertaining.

YOU HAVE FED ME TRIBUTE, and FOR THAT! You shall be rewarded a thousandfold in turn! :allears:

It's hilarious imaging them more as Greek Demigods doing their thing.

This was a great episode to flesh out Rephi, I wasn't yet bored of her bullying of Satania to the same degree of Gab's shtick since they spaced it out better but it's great seeing that she can have set backs happen to her.

Her genuinely being nice to Satan + Satan not even knowing how to deal + The Frog was a good beat too. Funny and also made Raphi into less of a bully.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

College Slice

Spiritus Nox posted:

Her genuinely being nice to Satan + Satan not even knowing how to deal + The Frog was a good beat too. Funny and also made Raphi into less of a bully.

That wasn't my reading. I thought she was enjoying the PTSD she inflicted; hence the turnaround/comeuppance being hilarious.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

I feel like we're going to run out of manga material at the rate we're going. But the anime origional stuff has been good.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

The class prez is pretty good. She should be around more.

Honestly I was a little disappointed in how tame Satania's brilliant interview skills were. I remember feeling that when reading the manga too. Maybe it's much worse in Japan. :shrug:

Nitrousoxide posted:

I feel like we're going to run out of manga material at the rate we're going. But the anime origional stuff has been good.
No kidding. The interview was in chapter 30, and the latest translated is 36. But I'm really looking forward to seeing when they go back home for a while.

Raenir Salazar posted:

That wasn't my reading. I thought she was enjoying the PTSD she inflicted; hence the turnaround/comeuppance being hilarious.
Yes. :allears:

Poil fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Feb 27, 2017

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Hahahaha I just realized that today's episode's subplot is essentially Vigne tempting Gab.

To abide by her obligations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

This was a Good Episode for Satan. She got show off her athletic prowess and then got to torment Worst Angel a little bit.

• Locked thread