Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
That's an awkward snipe.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Spiritus Nox posted:

Her dad totally isn't an archdemon at all, is he? :allears:
Of course he is, one of the most powerful ones in all of hell. :v:

I'm so glad they kept Chappy. Also the anime has caught up to the translated manga storywise now.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Space Flower posted:

That's an awkward snipe.

It's been one of those days

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Demicol posted:

Satania's home is not actually a castle, is it. Their dining room was super tiny.

It's the second floor above their bakery.

Half the room actually being a wall painted to give the illusion of depth was a nice touch.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Gabriel's "report" being a retelling of the story of the MMOs she played is perfect

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Paracelsus posted:

Half the room actually being a wall painted to give the illusion of depth was a nice touch.

ohh thats what the brother was doing. lmao

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Paracelsus posted:

It's the second floor above their bakery.

That makes more sense then what I was thinking, that they just have a cardboard cutout of a castle/mansion in front of their house.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Space Flower posted:

ohh thats what the brother was doing. lmao

Yeah, I had to rewind that to figure out why the floor artwork had suddenly gone massively askew.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Spiritus Nox posted:

Her dad totally isn't an archdemon at all, is he? :allears:

Archdemon of the bread ovens.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Thoughts as I'm watching the episode.

-Gabriel being halfway between her old angelic self, and her neet self, is I feel a bit of a sweetspot where I feel she isn't dragging everything down. Being passive-aggressive/sarcastic with the veneer of being an angel sugar on top feels like it shows more personality.

-Oh god Satania's parents and brother, hah.
-Oh Satania has an upside down cross, cool, that's a nice detail.
-I see Vigne was always Vigne.
-Hey! Vigne is a good girl. :mad:
-Something hilarious about Vigne having the closest thing to a beast of the apocalypse.
-Oh my god Satania has a pokemon.
-Oh thank god it isn't dead.
-Uuuuh isn't that Sakuya as Rephi's butler? Two-timer!!! :mad:
-Ahaha Sakuya-Maid is weirdo.
-Ooooh my gosh I almost missed it, the way they had Tenma in the background snoozing only to snap to attention instantly is genius.
-The interview here is like the angel version of what Vigne and Satania went through.
-Gab knows what it's like to get tired of sleeping, it's like a feeling worse than death.
-Gab's staring contest faces oh god.
-Apparently Gab is startled by sudden noises easily. I like it when animators work in small moments of realism.
-Gab's boredom levels are apparently so high that even she leaps at the chance to help a literal demon.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Raenir Salazar posted:

-Gab's boredom levels are apparently so high that even she leaps at the chance to help a literal demon.

you saw that shogi game. she knows it's gonna be good

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Raenir Salazar posted:

-Gabriel being halfway between her old angelic self, and her neet self, is I feel a bit of a sweetspot where I feel she isn't dragging everything down. Being passive-aggressive/sarcastic with the veneer of being an angel sugar on top feels like it shows more personality.

With as much of an rear end in a top hat as Gab came off as in some earlier episodes, I was glad to see that she hasn't forgotten how to be nice to her baby sister. :3:

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

you saw that shogi game. she knows it's gonna be good

I feel like that's Gabe taking it out on Satania for making her do something she didn't want to do, while the current situation is her legitimately willing to do anything to relieve her boredom.

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.
I come to you from episode 6! Which basically forced me to make this!

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009

Raenir Salazar posted:

If she can smuggle a demon in she can smuggle her games in.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Raenir Salazar posted:

-Oh thank god it isn't dead.

I know exactly what scene you're talking about because I had the exact same thought.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Poil posted:

I'm so glad they kept Chappy. Also the anime has caught up to the translated manga storywise now.

There's still one little Tapris chapter that wasn't adapted. And probably won't be. :mad:

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Paracelsus posted:

I loved that so much.

I think this anime turned out great. It's full of fun little details, and the main cast bounces off each other really well. It's more consistently funny than Umaru-chan, and it has a top-tier OP and ED. Definitely one of my three favorite series this season, along with Demi-chan and Kemono Friends.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Agronox posted:

There's still one little Tapris chapter that wasn't adapted. And probably won't be. :mad:
It's not part of the actual story arc so it could happen pretty much at any point once they get back.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
https://blog.sakugabooru.com/2017/03/15/anime-industry-ups-and-downs/

quote:

Nobuyuki Mitani is quitting the studio and anime altogether for the foreseeable future . . . Mitani had been one of Dogakobo’s strongest animators for many years, not only through his skillful cartoony approach but also due to his inventiveness – he would come up with sequences like this that weren’t originally in the storyboard.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iN2N8KgAw4

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

I'm still amazed at how accurately foreign that sounded.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
It all adds up why Satania is still the best and sole good char that isn't the coffee shop man. She was raised to be a good girl.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Good ep. Glad to see more Tabris, glad to see the Devil and her greatest nemesis reach an accord. Looking forward to meeting Gab's Sister in the finale next week.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Very good Tapris this week.
A bit sad they didn't follow up on the ending of last week.

Satan's adventures with the dog reminded me of Excel Saga. Otherwise I thought it was weak.

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!

nielsm posted:

Very good Tapris this week.
A bit sad they didn't follow up on the ending of last week.

Satan's adventures with the dog reminded me of Excel Saga. Otherwise I thought it was weak.

Yeah, I was a bit confused and actually double checked to make sure I wasn't somehow an episode ahead of where I thought I was.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

It WAS weird that there wasn't even a "Boy that sure ended in hilarious disaster, huh" line or anything.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Ha, so they just kept the "welp guess we're done with the heaven arc?" part of the manga.

I liked the dog skit. Kinda wonder what they were parodying with their journey though.

And spending money on stupid stuff brings us all together:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Agronox posted:

And spending money on stupid stuff brings us all together:
Which is why we are in this thread in this subforum. :)

Poil fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Mar 22, 2017

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Sadly not the video where the guy says "Itterasshai!" every so often that was given to me during my Japanese class but still cool and I like how quiet it is.

Poil posted:

Which is why were are in this thread in this subforum. :)

Hahahahaha.

*Looks at his Google Wallet after buying Quartz for Fate Go and his limited edition pocket watch from Otakuthon, and the 90$ Army surplus Korean uniform he got to wear to Otakuthon and cries*

At least that uniform is practical everyday wear in halves (only the shirt or the jacket but not both). :v:

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
[Mori] Gabriel Dropout - OVA 01 [720p][68AF8CA4].mkv

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The OVA was cute. I was kinda iffy on last couple jokes, but other than that it was fun.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
So Gab really doesn't bathe regularly...

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Zettace posted:

So Gab really doesn't bathe regularly...

https://twitter.com/kanihamiso/status/833925300140568576

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Take a look! It's in a book!
So I've watched a couple of episodes of this already and I gotta ask, do *any* of the angels stop being unlikeable? Like seriously, we get the joke already sheesh.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Reallycoolname posted:

So I've watched a couple of episodes of this already and I gotta ask, do *any* of the angels stop being unlikeable? Like seriously, we get the joke already sheesh.

The show spends about 90 percent of its entire runtime doing riffs on the core gag presented in the first ep, so if you're not feeling it right now it's unlikely to get better for you, unfortunately.

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Take a look! It's in a book!

Spiritus Nox posted:

The show spends about 90 percent of its entire runtime doing riffs on the core gag presented in the first ep, so if you're not feeling it right now it's unlikely to get better for you, unfortunately.

v:shobon:v Reminds me of Himouto, except she at least starts redeeming herself halfway through.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Reallycoolname posted:

One genuinely good angel shows up later. Also Vigne is good enough to make up for the both of the fail angels.

E: ^ Gab gets at least a little bit better and also doesn't start nearly as bad as Umaru does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

AnoHito posted:

E: ^ Gab gets at least a little bit better and also doesn't start nearly as bad as Umaru does.

I would agree with this, but I already found the main cast likeable. Then again, I also found most of the characters in Umaru likeable (I didn't like Boomer's sister, though I can't adequately explain why).

• Locked thread