Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Sachiko's Scene

"You sound like you could use an Umbrella." an all too familar voice greets Sachiko. "Here, take this one. I barely use it anyway."

Then, she pulls out her wallet and counts pulls out some money. "Here you go." Tora says, with a tone of mild amusement in her voice

Turning her head to the side, she knocks on the window and holds up the bag. In response, a teacher on the inside nods and comes outside to take the bag.

"I have to admit I did not expect to see you again so quickly. Care to join me on a cup of coffee? My treat." Tora offers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Naomi's Scene

After the second or third round of drinks, the night started to become a wonderful blur of sound and lights and Naomi-chan. We were singing all of our favorites. She didn't even mind when I started singing some of the classics! The last few times I had done this with some of the others they had given me a bit of a stink-eye. It wasn't really much of an exaggeration to say that this was the most fun I'd had since I moved out to the city. Naomi-chan was just a lot of fun to be around and she got really goofy with a few drinks. It was kind of the most adorable thing I had ever seen and, given that I knew Hikari, that was saying something.

I think we had just finished a duet when it happened. Naomi-chan had been kind of slipping closer to me and then we were hugging and then kissing... and then... Whew. It wasn't anything I had ever felt before, you know? As far back as I could remember it had always been drilled into me that I should always maintain mastery of myself, of my emotions. There was no room in the shadows for these kinds of emotions. But, you know, I didn't want to think about that. I didn't want to think about the battles I'd seen or the things I'd done. I just wanted to lose myself in the moment.

I looked at her shyly, blushing wildly, and said, "Mm-hm." I buried my face in her neck, just holding her close and feeling the warmth of her body against mine.

---

Sachiko's Scene

When Himura-san turned around, I'll admit I just about went into a full retreat. She's got some moves. Serious moves. But she didn't seem angry. Didn't seem like she was looking for a fight. It was like she was a different person from the woman I had seen in the forest. But, I supposed, that was our nature. Wearing disguises upon disguises. I was starting to find Himura-san to be very curious. I wondered what she was really like, underneath it all.

I accepted the umbrella and money with a small smile as I handed the bags to the other teacher, "Sure, coffee sounds great. Been a long shift already and I have a feeling I'm going to be working late tonight."

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Sachiko's Scene

"Hah. Tell me about it." Tora quips as she grabs some coffee from the nearby machine and then leads you away from the other people.

She then takes a sip from her coffee.

"So you're doing deliveries for a living? You know, you could probably make a better living if you join a clan." Tora suggests. "So what's your stake in all this, anyway? I mean, we could be all mysterious and enigmatic, or we could just save ourselves the headache. We both know that we would figure it out if it really mattered enough. So, what drives a Lost One like you to butt with so many clans? I find it hard to believe it's just money."

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Naomi's Scene

I hold Sachiko-chan closer to me, and gently stroke her hair. This... is nice. Really nice. It's enough to make me forget about the stress of the last few days. I almost wish we could stay like this forever, but I know we can't, but... maybe I can make this night last a little longer?

"Sachi-chan, uh," I look at her, blushing just as much as she is, "I... uh, hope you don't mind me asking, but would you... like to stay over my place tonight? You could see Hikari again, and we could, uh... "talk" for a little while longer..." Oh jeez, I hope that didn't come off as too forward, "Uh... if you want to, I mean. I just... well, you know," I didn't think it was possible for my face to get even redder, but it did, "...Want to spend a little more time with you."

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Sachiko's Scene

I took a sip from my coffee, "Yeah, probably. None of you lot ever seem hard up for cash. But, you know, this life has its advantages. It's easy to forget what's it's like being one of them." I motioned vaguely at the other students and teachers milling around. "I've seen enough action to know that most of the clans are obsessed with power. You have the Hasuba mowing through the lesser clans-" A brief look of anger passed over my face as I stopped short. Not the time. "It's not like many of the others are much better. Nobody seems to care who gets trampled when the fighting starts."

I took another sip, looking out on the rainy field, "I care. If that means stopping the fighting by getting my own hands dirty...? So be it." A brief pause. "So why do you do it?"

---

Naomi's Scene

As Naomi asked me to stay over, I felt my heart trying to flutter its way out of my chest. Wow. Wow! This was... really good. Really, really good. I didn't answer for a moment, not trusting my ability to string words together, then said, "Yes! Me too. With you. Tonight." Oh my god I was a mess. A mess! I took a deep breath, inwardly cringing at how ragged it sounded to me, then tried again, "I'd really like that."

I looked up at the time. We still had the room for a few more minutes. I smiled and pulled her in for another kiss.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Sachiko's Scene

Tora stares off into the distance, contemplating, for just a few seconds. "To stop power going into the wrong hands. In a way, to preserve peace and order. Boring, I know, but this is Kurama Shin's true essence and I do believe it is the right path. Consider the Bloodline of Oni, or indeed, the Hasuba Army. Do you honestly think they would use an item like the Kamikari in wholesome ways? I don't think so." Tora explains.

After taking another sip, she continues. "One would use it to enslave all other clans and one would use it to summon up the Shinobigami. Surely, even you have heard of the Shinobigami. Color me biased, perhaps, but I honestly believe that the Shinobigami has died and then mostly forgotten about for a reason. Whatever it is Oni tries to achieve by ressurecting the Shinobigami, is sure to only end in ruin."

Once again, Tora stares off in the distance, contemplating.

"Tell me something. Would you accept the risk of destroying the world in an attempt to save it?" Tora inquired, now looking Sachiko dead in the eyes.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Sachiko's Scene

As she talked, I watched the children running between the buildings. Huddling up together. Chatting excitedly together.

I thought on what Himura-san was saying for a moment, "I suppose it depends. If the choice is a risk of destruction against certain destruction, then it would only make sense. If the choice is more between the status quo and some sort of nebulous new world order? I like things how they are. The world's a great place." I swirled the coffee around the bottom of my cup, then downed it. I looked towards Himura-san, "At what point do you sacrifice too much? At what point does the world you're trying to save stop being, you know, worth saving?"

I stopped for a moment, then tried a different tact, "Do you like teaching?"

quote:

10:18 AM <Tricky> Alright, Sachiko is going to make an Emobond to Tora with Manipulation.
10:18 AM <Tricky> .roll 2d6
10:18 AM <Platonibot> Tricky: 12 (2d6=6, 6)

Critical success!

10:19 AM <Tricky> Type is...
10:19 AM <Tricky> .roll 1d6
10:19 AM <Platonibot> Tricky: 3 (1d6=3)

Sachiko feels sisterly Affection to Tora!

Tricky fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Feb 19, 2017

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Naomi's Scene

Mm~ Feels just as good as the first time.

I hold onto Sachi-chan's hand, and gently pull her up with me. I say, "Let's head out then," in a soft voice, and lead her to the exit, never letting go of her hand the whole way through.

---

"Mmmm..."

Sachi-chan is already asleep. That was... God, how do I even begin to describe it? The moment we shared tonight was... beyond words. It's a good thing Obaasan isn't home today, and Aoki is staying over at a friend's house, heh.

I hold on tight to Sachi-chan, never wanting to let go of this wonderful, warm feeling. I remember asking myself, "Why am I still doing this?" And I think I've found my answer; I do it for the people who are precious to me. I do it to create a better tomorrow for them. I do it, for my family, for my sister, and now, I do it for Sachi-chan. I will bear whatever hardships there might be, so that they will be able to live more peaceful lives. I'll do it all, for my clan, for my late parents, for Obaasan, for Aoki...

...And for Sachi-chan.

quote:

<HugzillaPhone> Rolling to establish emobond
<HugzillaPhone> .roll 1d6
<Platonibot> HugzillaPhone: 6 (1d6=6)

Naomi is now devoted to keeping Sachiko safe and to build a better future for her!

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Sachiko's Scene

Tora gives a soft smile in response.

"We very much think alike then. We simply lack too much information to allow ancient and forbidden rituals to succeed - especially ones as large scale as the Shinobigami's ressurection. We don't know what will happen. The Bloodline of Oni does not know what will happen. And yet... they're attempting it. That is what I-- no, that is what Kurama Shin has sworn to prevent. I am glad we two agree on the matter." Tora replies.

Tora finishes her cup before replying to her other question.

"Oh, you are asking me as a person, and not a ninja? Interesting. Too many forget about that part. ... To be honest, I am enjoying it a lot. Just the ot her day, one of my students...."

Tora goes on about her teaching life for a bit. I feel like this is a good place to end the scene?

edit: emobond type = 3, Affection.

quote:

20:28 Yamifenrir I roll type too right?
20:28 Yamifenrir .roll 1d6
20:28 Platonibot Yamifenrir: 3 (1d6=3)

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Feb 18, 2017

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Naomi's Scene

I blinked my eyes sleepily as Naomi shifted in bed, then closed them again with a satisfied smile. I nuzzled in closer. Naomi was fantastic. She really was. She really had everything together. I could learn a lot from her.

And that's the scene!

quote:

9:21 AM <Tricky> Emobond type is...
9:21 AM <Tricky> .roll 1d6
9:21 AM <Platonibot> Tricky: 5 (1d6=5)

Looks like Sachiko has great Admiration for her totally 100% normal, non-ninja girlfriend! :kimchi:

---

Sachiko's Scene

It was really interesting listening to her talk about teaching. It was like she had become a completely different person. After a few minutes, my phone buzzed. I looked down at the sender and made a face, "Ugh, it's Takeda-san again. It never stops!" I smiled at Tora-san. She was actually pretty friendly when you got to know her. I still didn't want to get on her bad side, but... Well, I had a feeling it wouldn't come to that. I waved good-bye, stepped out into the rain holding Tora-san's umbrella, and headed back to my bike.

End scene!

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Inugami's Scene

quote:

7:47 PM A<ArashiOfOrdo3>
7:50 PM Inugami Drama Scene setting roll
7:50 PM !r 2d6
7:50 PM K<Krysmbot> ArashiOfOrdo3, 5 = 5
7:50 PM S<ShootaBoy> inudrama
7:50 PM A<ArashiOfOrdo3> ArashiofOrdo3 The scene is dark as gently caress. Cool

It's so dark, it's like the world has ended. And yet, in this absolute darkness, you begin to whisper...

Inugami, opened a single baleful eye. Glancing back towards the now quiet bedroom. Goodness, they sounded like they enjoyed themselves. He'd kept watch all the while. Just like those days so long ago...

Blugh

He stood, and padded towards the window. His paws barely making a sound. It was easy to slip through the gap. His malleable form flowing through like mist. He had somewhere he needed to be. Possibly with a very similar amount of screaming involved. Just maybe a lot less enjoyable for the other party.

Stabbing people. Inugami was going to stab people.

A lot.

Flitting across the roof tops, he arrived at his destination. The building was tall, stony concrete, soulless. The perfect place for the Hirasaka Agency to make a little base...

- - -

- - -

The lights went out. Suddenly, without warning. Inugami could almost feel the panic set in. The power was still 'on' for all intense and purposes. Not that it would do any good. Now he needed to make his point known. Sora Takada was going to have a very interesting evening. The door opened slowly.

"Ahhh, there you are....!"

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Inugami's Scene

The room was gray, all concrete and steel, only broken by the LEDs on the state-of-the-art medical apparatus the Hirasaka Agency had deployed here.

On the far end of the room, Sora stood like a statue between the stunned Hirasaka goons. A page was quickly slipped between a dossier marked [TOP SECRET] and handed back to Sora, who inspected it with a lit matchstick, the sole pitiful source of light in the room. When the door swung open, he looked over.

"Well, well, well. An actual Oni. And, just on cue, he comes stumbling into the lion's den."

The sound of cocked guns kicks in around Inugami, and every angle is most likely covered by their Heckler and Kochs, though their red dot sights are out of commission.

"I assume you came to clear up some misunderstandings, and not to do anything... Irrational."

Deltasquid fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Mar 10, 2017

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Hanako's Scene

It was an ordinary enough school day. Without actionable intelligence, there wasn't much of a reason to skip school. Her clanmates could work on that in the meantime. Meanwhile, there was the gym class, which always felt like a tightrope. It was important not to use her full skills, lest she stand out. But being falsely incompetent carried similar risks. And the whole mission weighed on her in the meantime, softening her guard, as she tried to sneak peeks of her drone's airborne watch on the "dog". Enough that the occasional too-quick response might show through. And the fact that something is troubling her definitely does.

Not that she's too social even on the best of days. Outside of her grades, she tends to stay quietly on the background. But today she's positively silent.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Hanako's Scene

Tora walks into the gym, mentally distracted by her current mission, and takes a head count of the present students. For some reason, her gaze momentarily freezes on Hanako. The girl seemed... oddly familiar. Did she see her before somewhere?

Hmm...

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Hanako's Scene

Hanako flicks a gaze up from her phone, looking to Tora silently, as if judging... something. She pushes up her glasses for a moment before slipping her phone into a holster, averting her gaze. She definitely looks tense, and is trying to hide it... to middling effect. Granted, kids always have distractions away from school, but she might seem positively antsy.

Well, for Hanako, anyway, who usually is cooler than cucumber and mint.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Inugami's Scene

"Lions den! HA! You are just adorable." Inugami glanced side long at the guns, unimpressed.

"Hey guys, how's your health plan?." He says eyeing the assembled ninja, his grin showing his canine teeth, hand resting casually on his sword hilt at his waist. The guns, and the ninja holding them weren't a threat. They were little more dangerous then grass. He'd compare them to ants, but Ants had the ability to actually be dangerous in large enough numbers. Unsurprisingly they chose to back off just a little. Smart. "That's what I thought."

"Now, if you're done pretending that you've all got big dicks. I've come to deliver a warning to you, Sora Takeda." Inugami's smile dropped. Letting just enough of his supernatural power to leak into the room to add an element of dread to his words. How had he known the ninja's name? That part was easy. I.D. badges, respectful subordinates giving the proper greeting, being a demon monster, remotely viewing your location prior to striking. You know, all pretty simple stuff. All the same, very important element of any supernatural warning, and Inugami was nothing if not a professional.

"As someone who was around the last time some idiot dug that cursed blade up. It will only bring death, and suffering to the people you Hirasaka claim to protect. So do the sensible thing and bury it back in the mountain before people start dying." How had he known Sora had encountered the blade? That was easy. He stunk of it. Inugami could never forget THAT smell. Even after all these years. It rose bile in his throat. Even if he no longer had it (unlikely) he would likely know who DID have it. Besides, after the whole 'oh I'm just drunk and falling over, I'm totally not taking your hairs Mr Inugami Sir' routine back at the bar. He felt Sora deserved having his boat shaken just a little.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Hanako's Scene

Tora, nimbly weaving through the students engaged in various activities,troubled, walks over to Hanako. "You aren't looking to well. Is everything alright?"

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Hanako's Scene

Looking up to her teacher, Hanako almost seems to tense for a moment, then relaxes. "Oh, hello, Himura-sensei. Just..." She keeps her gaze steady, meeting her teacher's eyes. "... dealing with some things at home. And..." She looks away slightly, grasping the frame of her glasses for a moment. "... I'm worried about a test." She refocuses on her teacher. "I'm trying to memorize my notes. Make sure I know everything." In a way that might seem both sincere and reserved, she adds, "Thank you for asking."

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Hanako's Scene

Tora studies Hanako's impression, quite intensely infact.

"Well, alright. I'd prefer if you did the studying at home, though, not in the middle of gym class." she replies bluntly. Starting to walk away again. "But if you got trouble at home and need help, I'm here for you, you know."

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Inugami's scene:

Sora briefly considered the words of warning and concluded: "Your concern has been duly noted, citizen. You are dismissed."

There, perhaps the intruder would leave after a parting shot to his pride. Sora wasn't certain what wolf boy here could possibly have hoped to achieve. That he'd go against direct orders on the words of warning of a complete stranger? No, Inugami wanted to show his teeth. Walk in here, simply because he could. Well, if trespassing was his idea of dragooning the Hirasaka agency around, he was sorely mistaken.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Hanako's Scene

"I not sure you...", Hanako starts, but then looks down to her phone like it might be a refuge, then as if reminded of it, puts it away. "... okay.", she finally concludes, retreating back into her shell. Then, getting up, she moves to participate in... is it basketball today?

Apologies, I thought I was caught up and waiting for some reason. I was very wrong! In any case, looking to make an Emotion Check using... well, it's gym, let's call it Footwork? Trying to get things moving, at least. It'll be a 6, which should make it normally. If that works, she'll get a 1 on the EmoBond for a result of Empathy. Unusual for Hanako, but that makes it interesting.

Alien Rope Burn fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Mar 21, 2017

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Hanako's Scene

With the issue seemingly resolved, Tora walks away. A slight smile forms on her lips as she sees Hanako deal with issues at home and still seem mostly okay. It's a certain mental strength not everyone has.

quote:

02:21 Yamifenrir Emobond Roll
02:21 Yamifenrir !r 1d6
02:21 Krysmbot Yamifenrir, 5 = 5
. Choosing: Admiration

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Inugami's Scene

"Hahahahahahahahaaah!"

Oh man, he was funny, this guy was funny. He really thought that was enough to cow something like inugami? Still, it was clear that Sora hadn't worked out WHY he was here yet. Good. That would make the surprise all the better.

- - -

7:41 PM A<ArashiOfOrdo3> ArashiofOrdo3 Aww, Justice Greeves isn't about
7:41 PM Oh well, I'll just have to do my roll anyway.
7:42 PM Inugami, Information check with Clairvoyance
7:42 PM !r 2d6
7:42 PM K<Krysmbot> ArashiOfOrdo3, 3 = 3
7:42 PM A<ArashiOfOrdo3> ArashiofOrdo3 gently caress
7:43 PM Y<Yamifenrir> rip
7:45 PM A<ArashiOfOrdo3> ArashiofOrdo3 Consuming a Soma Pill
7:45 PM !r 2d6
7:45 PM K<Krysmbot> ArashiOfOrdo3, 6 = 6
7:45 PM A<ArashiOfOrdo3> ArashiofOrdo3 Thank you

Inugami learns Sora's location
Sachiko also learns Sora's location

- - -

Throughout this whole conversation, Inugami had been sending out little pieces of himself. Hidden by the darkness, latching onto Sora's clothes and hair. Invisible for the most part. After all, it was a lot easier to track someone when you were remotely viewing yourself. There'd be nowhere Sora could hide. It was possible he'd find a few of them. But he wouldn't find all of them.

Let's see how HE likes being tracked.

Dick.

"I don't know what I find funnier. The fact that you're playing the tough guy and letting me leave, or that fact you've clearly not seen what I've left in your basement." Inugami let the words sink in just long enough. Then the match went out. In the darkness Inugami left. His mocking laughter echoing through the building. A few seconds later the lights flickered back to life. Illuminating the basement, painted on every wall 'Sora Takeda wears women's clothing' and variations thereof somewhere in the region of 50-100 times per wall. Art. It was all about the presentation.

• Locked thread