Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

If it was up to her, she'd have one of them wear the devices on their arm on the next test. They'd be sure to get it right then... and on the small chance they didn't... well. They'd learn. This wasn't a matter of them earning a pay raise or prestigious position, after all. This was the lives of agents they held in their hands. Idiots.

Adjusting her glasses, she followed her superior quietly as he called for her attention. Fujibayashi. A name that may as well be a curse word, some days, but that was beside the point. In the elevator, she mulled over the pertinent facts. "A 16th century blade believed to have the ability to injure or kill outsiders due to either an unusual alloy or perhaps the meddling of an outsider itself, or both. All unproven, of course. The Kurama Shin Ryuu claim ownership." She frowns slightly. The ownership wasn't a relevant fact, but the point that they'd chase it down was, at least. "Also unproven.", she adds to clarify.

She doesn't make eye contact, instead letting her gaze drift. Outside of her lab, she was a servant, and kept her opinions and suggestions to herself unless required. Once she had her assignment and instructions, then she could apply her genius within those parameters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Fujibayashi is quiet, listening. Something was off. For such a important endeavor, it seemed odd that she was approached alone. While spies and bugs were always a concern, at the same time it seemed to take a relatively important matter lightly. Though she had a high opinion of herself, she wasn't so foolish as to think of herself as the most reliable possible solution. More likely than not, it wasn't being kept a secret from outsiders... but insiders. But who? And why?

Annoying, is what it was. They should have an organized field squad handle this, not drag her out of her lab and shove her out into an risky assignment carelessly. Politics. The bane of efficiency and effectiveness. Still, this was her mess to deal with now. Best ready some of the drones for some initial intel.

Stepping as the doors open, she pauses to look back to her superior. "Support?", is the only thing she asks from the precipice of the elevator.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Hanako's Scene

As the puppy trails some distance behind Naomi not far from the forest yet, an odd smell drifts in the air. Nothing for most humans, but for a canine... the scent of bird... but one with the slight scene of blood and... ozone as a pale bird flutters overhead. There's a girl sitting on a bench, dressed in a dark school uniform, her jacket draped over her shoulders as she taps on a tablet. She's apparently absorbed in whatever the LEDs are communicating, her glasses shining opaque from the light. As the dog is nearly passed, she taps it, and then looks up with her odd yellow eyes, raising a hand to adjust her glasses for a moment.

"Don't get involved.", she says to the puppy softly, addressing it as if it might understand what she's saying. Well, she's looking at it and not at the pad. "Yes.", she confirms as she hugs the pad closer to her chest. "I'm talking to you."

Leaving the door open for Naomi if she wants to join, but poking Inugami first.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Hanako's Scene

Hanako stares at the puppy, and then just sighs, closing her eyes momentarily before looking up to the mechanic. "You weren't really of interest, so... no.", she says matter-of-factly with no apology to her tone. She tilts her pad to look at it once more, before pulling it close to her chest again before rising. "But if you don't guard your words more carefully, you may want to reconsider your involvement as well. An enemy agent may be present." Her eyes look down to the puppy again, regarding him with a dispassionate stare. She pushes up the bridge of her glasses with a finger, squinting.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Hanako's Scene

Hanako actually takes a defensive step back at the pawing, before looking over to Naomi as she hesitates, then takes the taiyaki. She squints, turning it over, and says softly, "It's not very nutritious..." She doesn't give it back, though. "The Gokuhi Gunpo Hidensho military manual discusses the use of dogs in warfare as far back as 1570. Don't take animals lightly. 'Dogs' was also an old term for infiltrators and scouts prior to the adoption of modern terms in ancient China and during the Sengoku period." She holds the taiyaki in one hand, and squints at something on the pad before thumbing some button. "Have you discovered anything relevant regarding your task?"

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Hanako's Scene

Hanako sits down, says, "I've been having my drones search the area for evidence, but..." She frowns, as a tiny form runs through the grass. The dog might immediately sense- mouse? Yes. Mouse. It moves up, though it has some black and blue contraption like a half-helm as it comes to Hanako's feet, dashing up her stocking with its tiny claws. She offers it a bit of the taiyaki, and it sniffs before taking a bite. She seems to check something on her pad before then taking a bite herself. "... the guards have likely trampled out any signs of their passage. We need to widen our net before they escape. Do you have any proposals?", she asks Naomi, before giving the pup the hairy eyeball.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Hanako's Scene

Hanako just... stares at Naomi uncomfortably. Of course she's going to do her best. That's a given, isn't it? "Yes, let's... do our best.", she says, as if the reaffirmation was more just her acknowledging the sentiment rather than reaffirming it. "She should set up a secured channel for communication and shared intelligence." She adjusts her glasses. "I'll be having my drones on the watch as well. If you run into rival shinobi-" She looks to the dog. "- make sure to alert me. There will likely be those simply looking to eliminate any potential competition. At the very least, I can have a drone intercede on my behalf even if I may not be present."

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Hanako's Scene

Hanako gets up, holding her pad closes, and just sighs, closing her eyes momentarily before watching after. She then calls up #011, putting its wings out as she locks in Naomi's signature for it to track. May as well put her under observation anyway. Just in case. Trust is fine, but precautions are better.

Other folks can notice the observation or not, but we can put a wrap on that scene!

Alien Rope Burn fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Mar 14, 2017

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Hanako's Scene

It was an ordinary enough school day. Without actionable intelligence, there wasn't much of a reason to skip school. Her clanmates could work on that in the meantime. Meanwhile, there was the gym class, which always felt like a tightrope. It was important not to use her full skills, lest she stand out. But being falsely incompetent carried similar risks. And the whole mission weighed on her in the meantime, softening her guard, as she tried to sneak peeks of her drone's airborne watch on the "dog". Enough that the occasional too-quick response might show through. And the fact that something is troubling her definitely does.

Not that she's too social even on the best of days. Outside of her grades, she tends to stay quietly on the background. But today she's positively silent.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Hanako's Scene

Hanako flicks a gaze up from her phone, looking to Tora silently, as if judging... something. She pushes up her glasses for a moment before slipping her phone into a holster, averting her gaze. She definitely looks tense, and is trying to hide it... to middling effect. Granted, kids always have distractions away from school, but she might seem positively antsy.

Well, for Hanako, anyway, who usually is cooler than cucumber and mint.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Hanako's Scene

Looking up to her teacher, Hanako almost seems to tense for a moment, then relaxes. "Oh, hello, Himura-sensei. Just..." She keeps her gaze steady, meeting her teacher's eyes. "... dealing with some things at home. And..." She looks away slightly, grasping the frame of her glasses for a moment. "... I'm worried about a test." She refocuses on her teacher. "I'm trying to memorize my notes. Make sure I know everything." In a way that might seem both sincere and reserved, she adds, "Thank you for asking."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Hanako's Scene

"I not sure you...", Hanako starts, but then looks down to her phone like it might be a refuge, then as if reminded of it, puts it away. "... okay.", she finally concludes, retreating back into her shell. Then, getting up, she moves to participate in... is it basketball today?

Apologies, I thought I was caught up and waiting for some reason. I was very wrong! In any case, looking to make an Emotion Check using... well, it's gym, let's call it Footwork? Trying to get things moving, at least. It'll be a 6, which should make it normally. If that works, she'll get a 1 on the EmoBond for a result of Empathy. Unusual for Hanako, but that makes it interesting.

Alien Rope Burn fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Mar 21, 2017

• Locked thread