Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

So how close are you to actually getting past this river and into Freedonia proper?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Triskelli posted:

So how close are you to actually getting past this river and into Freedonia proper?

More importantly, how much more will Bey Watch benefit from that than you will?

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

^^lots more I'm sure. Luckily dtkozl has a very narrow front to advance on after he takes the city and a major river covers it, I expect his advance to slow dramatically.

It's hard to say how the front will go, he keeps throwing more troops into the meat grinder but I'm still on the advance and he is gradually losing forces. The weather should also open up from next turn so I can really take advantage of my superior armour force.

Bozikek
Jul 22, 2007

Saros posted:

^^lots more I'm sure. Luckily dtkozl has a very narrow front to advance on after he takes the city and a major river covers it, I expect his advance to slow dramatically.

It's hard to say how the front will go, he keeps throwing more troops into the meat grinder but I'm still on the advance and he is gradually losing forces. The weather should also open up from next turn so I can really take advantage of my superior armour force.

I suspect he will regret switching to your artillery for the main target of his own artillery fire. We could see a good break through in the coming or next turn.

Also for side game players, the scenario file has been posted in the discord channel #atg_other_games. Come in when you got a chance, tell me how I messed the map up and pick a side. First come first serve.

Dryb
Jul 30, 2007

What did I do?
Could I get a discord invite?

Bozikek
Jul 22, 2007

Dryb posted:

Could I get a discord invite?

https://discord.gg/nX8WU

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Also I am not sure if I mentioned it (I should have ooops) but I built a second tank factory this turn so I'm up to 8 light tanks/turn from just factories alone.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Saros posted:

Also I am not sure if I mentioned it (I should have ooops) but I built a second tank factory this turn so I'm up to 8 light tanks/turn from just factories alone.

Your third tank factory is right there waiting for you, calling your name, beckoning...

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

More raw production is a must before any factory expansion I'm afraid but expanding resources level 2 -> 3 is 80PP so requires some investment.

Friend Commuter
Nov 3, 2009
SO CLEVER I WANT TO FUCK MY OWN BRAIN.
Smellrose

Saros posted:

More raw production is a must before any factory expansion I'm afraid but expanding resources level 2 -> 3 is 80PP so requires some investment.

Pretty sure they mean the factory Freedonia built you.

Bozikek
Jul 22, 2007

Saros posted:

I think its
Level 2 Raw or Oil, 40pp
Level 3 Raw or Oil, 100pp
Factory(anykind) 80pp

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

^^Damnit. Im going to blame that one on mondays.

May 1 1937

Not unreasonable losses, excellent.

Well he is nicely hosed now.

To summarise Perm, Empire and Bey Watch are at war with Freedonia and Germania while I'm only at war with Freedonia.

GI hits level three as the combat continues.

Basque plays catchup.

Clear weather :getin:

We sieze the peaks off a handful of MIlitia.

The BBB pounds some infantry and Tildeath and GI push them back.

On the river bend the huge stack there gets hammered with artillery and GI/Frank drive in with the tanks to slaughter them.

We also bomb the shite out of his riverline positions

A final push takes a last hex at teh cost of a bit of armor.

Stop dying tanks!

Those a-holes have so much fuel.

If you want a look at specific losses for other empires let me know.

Saros fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Feb 20, 2017

Bozikek
Jul 22, 2007
Another turn or two and you can seize that oil, even if it's only level 1 and will probably be damaged. Holding off on unneeded air operations will help keep a reserve until your next major operation.

Speaking of that, how's the empire front looking? He got a lot on your border?

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

We are pretty much just staring each other down with the same armies we had when he declared war. He has a bit more than me and i'm considering building a central reserve if the Freedonian war eases up losses wise.

Here's the overall map from the start of the war with Freedonia, you can see the borders in other territory moving about, I might try edit in the turn numbers and war declarations to the layers if I have some time.

Saros fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Feb 23, 2017

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

May 1937: Other players moves.

Artllery, lots of artillery.

Somehow we lose tanks to artillery here.

Thankfully his attack fails.

Bey watch breaches the riverline in two places, bad news for Freedonia.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Triskelli posted:

The game is a couple of turns ahead of the LP at this point so you'll be happy to know there are many interesting developments.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Turn 14; June 1 1937.

Ouch more armor losses but as you can see production outpaces losses overall!

Fray joins the elite 'level two club.'

Start of turn, Freedonia is holding on grimly in the gap between rivers as Bey Watch presses him from the north.

First things first we bridge the river (again) to let trains carry supplies and reinforcements much closer to the front line.

Freedonia's forward artillery park is shelled, attacked and over-run.

Further east we attack a heavily over-staked force but we are beaten back, casualties are higher on the other sider however.

The pressure remains on Freedonia, how long before things start to break I wonder...

Elsewhere advances are small and fighting is not very heavy.

Trashing all those artillery pieces will pay off in the long run.

As always the discord for game discussion is here.

Saros fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Mar 6, 2017

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

June 1937; Other players moves

Fuuuucccckkkkks sake my bridge. They cost 60 raw each so aren't cheap.

Dundee suburbs are retaken with losses.

Elsewhere some shelling kills a light tank and a few infantry but doesnt acheive much, he seems to be off counter-attacks for now.

A bombardment then attack takes out the forts but is repulsed.

Woking in the North falls as well with Freedonia now down a city, an oil and a raw.

Visual representation of the territory taken so far.

Saros fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Mar 10, 2017

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

RIP bridge. we hardly knew ye

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

Don't worry, eventually there will enough wreckage in the river that you can just drive across.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Hey heads up everyone, ATG and a bunch of other stuff is on sale right now.

http://store.steampowered.com/sale/slitherine_midweek/

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Turn 15; 1 July 1937

Light losses over Freedonia's turn.

Enough of this bridge bullshit! I lay some new tracks and a bridge over the river well out of artillery range.

The front.

We get stuck in, artillery bombardments across the front followed up by the tanks.

A solid breakthrough taking three hexes but will it be enough?

Up north infantry fight through the mountains.

Looks like he's invested in better infantry, (mk. II infantry tech makes them tougher and better against tanks).

Too little too late I expect.

Saros fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Mar 10, 2017

acidia
Oct 31, 2012
If he manages to sneak a bomber wing in to take out that bridge again, how would your supply situation look? Is supply updated at the end of your turn or at the beginning? I know HQ's can stockpile supply for a while but it seems like the lines have been cut quite often for the past few turns.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Rivers don't stop supply they just reduce the % of what you need that reaches you and units have stockpiles that take a while to deplete at 75%. Supply situation is pretty good overall the real issue is getting newly built units transported by rail to the hq's that need them.

Baron-of-hell
Jul 11, 2016
As a Belgian its nice to see somebody is sticking up for the little guys. :blush:

Although with a name like free Flanders you could have used their appropriate flag instead of the Belgian one.

I would also be up for a PBEM game, if people are interested? However since I am on a ship now I can only email back and forth. Discord might work but I am not sure.

Also why hasn't their been an HQ/unit renamed to waffles and beer. We must spread these things to the four corners of the world :downsgun:

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

There wasn't a Flanders flag in the default flag list and adding more turned out to be trickier than I thought so I stuck with the Belgian. Everyone knows Flanders is the real Belgium anyway.

General Baron-of-Hell goes to the top of the Commander waitlist for an excellent general and army name ;)

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Turn 15; Other players moves

Proving that there is no justice in the world Freedonia fails to blow a Bey Watch bridge.

He does however shell the poo poo out of my infantry in the hills.

Impressively they fight off an attack and inflict heavy casualties.

In the south Freedonia decides that he can't risk a pocket so evacuates everything east to the next riverline :suicide:

Bey watch pushes forward another hex but otherwise just moves troops up.

Me and Bey Watch agree to future borders.

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

What's that up at Cambridge? Did dtkozl pull off a landing?

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Turn 16; August 1937

Light losses last turn thanks to the front lines disengaging.

Go TD!

An excellent feat too, everyone gets bonus experience!

Bey watch has secured all of Freedonia's north.

and its all quiet of the western front. :downs:

Minimal fighting this turn as everyone plays catch up. We sieze the oil on our side of the river but his engineers destroyed it as they retreated.

Yay another river, good times.

New and blinging tank tech is purchased.

Minimal dying happens.

Looks like the war is hotting up elsewhere!

Freedonia trades space for time.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Fray posted:

What's that up at Cambridge? Did dtkozl pull off a landing?

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax
It's mostly mustache lessons, but they're great for morale.

Baron-of-hell
Jul 11, 2016
Well Discord isn't working for me, curse this ship's internet (or all the other people hogging it). If anyone wants to play, he/she will have to contact me through the thread.

Saros posted:

General Baron-of-Hell goes to the top of the Commander waitlist for an excellent general and army name ;)

And if you are truly mad you could name the divisions in that army after local beers:

Duvel
Westmalle
Rocheford
Hoegaarden
Leffe
Westvleeteren
La Chouffe
Grimbergen
Orval
Kwak
Etc...

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Turn 16: other players moves

Freedonia drops a bunch of artilery on my lines to minimal effect but is otherwise content to sit on the riverline.

Bey Watch heavily shells the city of Dundee reducing its industry by a third. Production sites regenerate over time but factories are destroyed if they hit zero.

Freedonia holds on in the Dundee suburbs, cityfighting is really crappy for the attacker.

The city proper also repulses an attack.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Turn 17; September 1937

Not much to report from the previous hostile moves.

We made a lot of ground last turn but there is still much to be done.

Having missed it in the replay I notice that holy poo poo Bey Watch has amphibiously landed and taken Cambridge! A bad day for Freedonia.

We force the river with heavy casualties, rivers suck.

Not content to let Bey Watch have all the war crimes to himself we move up artillery to heavily shell Norwich.

In the north we heavily shell another cross-river position and push up an infantry assault. It works but casualties are heavy.

Mostly however we just move up to the new frontline and try brig units up to full strength where we can.

We purchase Artillery III tech to increase our guns capabilities.

Higher casualties than I would have liked unfortunately.

Germania is also starting to crumble fast.

Reports indicate that Germania's armed forces are starting to come apart.

Bozikek
Jul 22, 2007
Nice to see your strength score recovering after the early war, best to look strong while the current wars wind down. Do you have a record of how oil and raw was looking at this point?

Weathers going to slow things down right when his army is broken it seems, bummer.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Saros, do you have the capability to leapfrog the front with your own amphibious assault?

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Bozikek posted:

Nice to see your strength score recovering after the early war, best to look strong while the current wars wind down. Do you have a record of how oil and raw was looking at this point?

Weathers going to slow things down right when his army is broken it seems, bummer.

Nothing is hugely changed from last turn for oil/raw so I didnt bother making up the screenshots to post.

Leperflesh posted:

Saros, do you have the capability to leapfrog the front with your own amphibious assault?

I have 6 transports in the interior sea and I am about to begin sending them down, no real ability to at the moment though but I do need to develop it to try circumvent the long slog south.

Baron-of-hell
Jul 11, 2016
Glad this is still ongoing.

Looks like you don't have too many infantry in the front lines to take the hits. That 's why you tanks are suffering so much.

Here is a devious idea: Tell Freedonia that you are fed up bashing your head against his lines without gaining all that much and Baywatch winning everything. Propose a temporary truce, withdraw some troops from the border (preferably from less defensible terrain) and say that he can concentrate his efforts keeping Baywatch out.
Then put all your efforts in an amphibious landing concentrating on taking resources.

Also everyone take notice what Baywatch called his newly developed tank :v:

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Aha yeah Kozl is always good with names. Right now I'm struggling to keep my front liners filled with infantry due to limited production and the artillery hitting them meaning they also die en masse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Turn 17; Other players moves

Freedonia shells a position of mine over the river.

My infantry retreat in the face of bombardment and attack.

Counterbattery fire also finds my artillery again.

He also goes bridge-busting in the north.

Dtkozl is really bringing the heat this turn.

Dundee's suburbs fall after vicious house to house fighting.

Dundee itself is heavily bombarded and attacks but it stand firm. THe city's productive capacity is destroyed however. Hasslehoff light tanks are also appearing in Bey Watches lines.

They are a solid design, notably better than my Mark III's if less mobile.

Remarkable amounts of hits for a light tank, especially on the defensive but it is 40% slower than standard armor speed while mine is 20% faster. Cheap, tough and probably a good cityfighter for a tank as well.

Bey Watch extends east out of Cambridge siezing a raw, Freedonia must be really hurting for production by now.

• Locked thread