Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I am legitimately happy for Kurt. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Its funny how because of his self destructive tenancies we kind of forget just how good Kurt Angle actually was as a complete wrestler back in his pomp. Even if he never wrestles again, he was so good at changing his persona to suit an angle that he could so easily work in any authority or managerial position.

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe
it still loving amazes me that a guy who came in so inexperienced became one of the best all around wrestlers in the world in the span of just about a year

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Kurt angle was a really good pro wrestler who gave an 80 year old woman an Olympic slam

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

Blooming Brilliant posted:

I misread that as "I cant think of a thing I'd mark out harder for than Kurt Angle's music blasting and then Al Snow came out."

i did the same thing

i miss Al Snow

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Gorn Myson posted:

Its funny how because of his self destructive tenancies we kind of forget just how good Kurt Angle actually was as a complete wrestler back in his pomp.

From Pomp to Circumstance: The Kurt Angle Story

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Blooming Brilliant posted:

I know I'm miss-remembering this somewhat, but New Jack on Colt Cabana's podcast said that during his time working SMW, Cornette told him and Saed to be as sterotypical black as possible.

Y'know, for heel heat.

Then again this is coming from other noted poo poo bag New Jack, so take it with a pinch of salt.

And he left SMW because he thought Cornette was making D'Lo Brown mow his lawn after training. In reality he had hired D'Lo to do some yard work for him.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Yay Kurt :unsmith:

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
The pop for Kurt showing up is going to be loving insane.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

OldTennisCourt posted:

The pop for Kurt showing up is going to be loving insane.

it's going to be fun watching the crowd trying to squeeze chants of "you still got it," "you deserve it," and "you suck" in before he even finishes walking down the aisle

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I wonder if they'd put him in a non-wrestling role, like American Alpha's manager. And then they kick him out for being a crazy weirdo and replace him with Shelton Benjamin.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
And to think Bryan Alvarez was POSITIVE Kurt was gonna die when TNA signed him. loving amazing.

To be clear, Bryan was 100% reasonable in that guess. I'm stunned it worked out relatively okay considering.

Wangsucker 69
Feb 7, 2004

Shut up, you old bat.
I thought Benjamin came back last year or did I imagine that? Where's he been?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

blackshreds posted:

Torn rotator cuff, needed surgery

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

blackshreds posted:

He was going to be on Smackdown after the draft (they even made up a hype video), then they did his physical and whoops his shoulder is blown out! So now nobody knows if he'll even come back.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

And to think Bryan Alvarez was POSITIVE Kurt was gonna die when TNA signed him. loving amazing.

To be clear, Bryan was 100% reasonable in that guess. I'm stunned it worked out relatively okay considering.

It was hard to find anybody around that period who thought Kurt would still be alive in a few years, let alone today

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Kurt died 10 years ago. His body is being piloted by a big pile of mice.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Gorn Myson posted:

Its funny how because of his self destructive tenancies we kind of forget just how good Kurt Angle actually was as a complete wrestler back in his pomp. Even if he never wrestles again, he was so good at changing his persona to suit an angle that he could so easily work in any authority or managerial position.

He truly was bloody amazing. Promos and ring work, the guy still is my top wrestler based on those few years (only like 5 or 6 when you think about it). Be glad most of you didn't suffer through his TNA years as it was a bit depressing. But the early and mid 00s were both a great and a sad time to be a wrestling fan. Anxiously awaiting the "You Suck!" chants.

sticklefifer posted:

I wonder if they'd put him in a non-wrestling role, like American Alpha's manager. And then they kick him out for being a crazy weirdo and replace him with Shelton Benjamin.

Yeah... maybe give him a Rumble appearance only ... as the guy will still go all out and nobody wants to see him die. In the Rumble they should be able to have him work in a few gold spots and then "safely exit". Angle has to be closely watched as I've seen the guy do dangerous bumps even in half empty high schol gyms. Managing AA? That would be bueno. Promos, managing and collecting fat cheques are where he needs to be. I give the WWE shite but giving Angle money to not die on the indies? Thank you WWE. He's the last of my top three guys still alive.

Also he could be a great example to the younger wrestlers on how NOT to be. I wouldn't have him be an in ring trainer... just maybe promos and that example I mentioned.

Golashes posted:

Kurt Angle and the undertaker are fighting at wm

It would be the first Taker match where the loser actually leaves in a coffin.

DogsInSpace! fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Jan 17, 2017

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Benne posted:

He was going to be on Smackdown after the draft (they even made up a hype video), then they did his physical and whoops his shoulder is blown out! So now nobody knows if he'll even come back.

He has said he'll be back, it'll just be a while.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
The people at r/squaredcircle seem to think he will wrestle again or be at the rumble.

Why are redditors such idiots?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

fart blood posted:

The people at r/squaredcircle seem to think he will wrestle again or be at the rumble.

Why are redditors such idiots?

found it

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

everyone who posts about wrestling on the internet as a hobby is really stupid. Especially me.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

sleepwalkers posted:

phwoah!!!

No poo poo, what I'm saying is of the 1.5m or whatever subs they have, my guess is their goal isn't moving the needle on the number of Network subs, which it likely won't do. I doubt it'd be labelled a failure if it doesn't move many subscriptions, and that snuffing out rival promotions and shoring up the overall umbrella of "original content" are bigger goals at this point in their drive to capitalize on the UK.

75% of Network subs are in the US, that's why I brought up US-centric sports re: viewership numbers.

Yeah, and you can't possibly fathom that introducing another show in another region coupled with a media blitz over there might be an attempt to get new subscribers there?

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Tato posted:

The only thing better would be if he came to RAW and Stephanie McMahon dressed him down and slapped him Edge and Christian played him to the ring with kazoos and streamers

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Why is Rusev getting beaten up by Austin, Shawn Michaels, and Goldberg when we got a perfectly good Kurt Angle ready to go?

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
In case anyone's wondering, yes this week's Raw had another Roman/Seth/KO/Jericho match.

KO looked strong finally though.

• Locked thread