Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
Steph is the worst on screen character. She brings down the entire product.

Braun is my guy. If Gillberg isn't in the rumble i'll never watch wwe again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Have they made it clear that the winner can choose what title to go after?

If it wasn't for Corbin entering the rumble, I wouldn't even be sure that Smackdown was going to be in it. I like how Shawn only listed off Raw guys as possible winners and the Undertaker announces he's entering it on Raw.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

schweens posted:

Steph is the worst on screen character. She brings down the entire product.

Gospel truth.

Blaise330 posted:

If it wasn't for Corbin entering the rumble, I wouldn't even be sure that Smackdown was going to be in it. I like how Shawn only listed off Raw guys as possible winners and the Undertaker announces he's entering it on Raw.

Because it was a Raw. They only brought Taker back to mitigate the ratings slaughter vs. the National Championship Game.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Blaise330 posted:

I'm sure Dolph Ziggler will put in a strong showing.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

The_Rob posted:

But even when he is booked with a ring general there is nothing that makes me care that it is a Roman match. Nothing makes me want to watch Roman.
in both of roman reigns' wrestlemania main events, the matches would have been just as good if roman reigns were replaced with a pile of wood

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Robert Plant posted:

Roman's fast food of choice is Burger King

Ugh. Well at least it's not Arby's.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Ugh. Well at least it's not Arby's.

That will forever be the domain of Mickie James.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Ragnarok the Red posted:

I can also see them milking Taker's decision whether to face Roman or Cena for their titles, and with the reports of the internal debates on whether to do the Cena/Taker dream match or have Roman/Taker and get Reigns put over before Taker's body breaks completely. It would be the first time in forever the decision wouldn't be a foregone conclusion.

And then they make it a triple threat and Roman goes over

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Also good gravy Rusev is a lucky lucky man.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Ah man, gently caress this thread.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Remember when Becky had a split in her tights near the crotch region and goons thought she had beef curtains hanging out

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I look up some rumble statistics and apparently Roman was last year's iron man instead of Jericho since all the time he was napping in the back counted as being in the rumble. I found it funny that announcers hyped up how long AJ was in the match when Jericho lasted like twice as long.

Another funny stat, Mark Henry and Jack Swagger won a chance to be in the rumble during a preshow match. Henry lasted 28 seconds, Jack lasted 15.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
At least SD is on today.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DoctorGonzo posted:

At least SD is on today.

The best Wrestleday of the week! :)

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Reading the recap, I think I picked a pretty good night to make the "if Steph or Roman shows up in the first 15 minutes, I'm leaving, otherwise I will pay full attention" bet. Maybe I'll do that every week.

Which probably means I never watch RAW again

(edit) I never get to watch SD on the early stream because of other stuff going on Tuesdays, but at least it's good enough that I don't need the GDT to survive it

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Because it was a Raw. They only brought Taker back to mitigate the ratings slaughter vs. the National Championship Game.
i love the delusion that beyond that one halftime heat when wrestling was at its hottest that literally any adult watching sports is ever gonna switch to raw during halftime.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think its cute. WWE well never stop pretending its sports, no matter how much kayfabe dies.

edit: Except to get out of a legal liability.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Blaise330 posted:

The real question is, how many eliminations does Kane get this year before being tossed out? I'm going to guess a clean 7.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/rusevbul/status/818683482738225153

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

But... the big dog's record :ohdear:

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!

Rusev rules.

I finished FFXV with raw on in the background. I wish I went on a cool road trip with Rusev as Gladio, Owens as Ignis, and Ellsworth as Prompto. I'm Roman Reigns IRL so we're all set on that one

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

The second Rusev renames himself roman loses the belt. Least he's still FIFA champ.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Robert Plant posted:

Roman's fast food of choice is Burger King

onlyh choices that canonically exist in reality are taco bell and KFC when the double down is back for a limited time

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

The_Rob posted:

I think Roman is a guy who is ok in the ring on a technical level but has no charisma and is boring as hell.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Golashes posted:

Rusev rules.

I finished FFXV with raw on in the background. I wish I went on a cool road trip with Rusev as Gladio, Owens as Ignis, and Ellsworth as Prompto. I'm Roman Reigns IRL so we're all set on that one

I'd say Dean Douglas as Ignis but that sounds immensely less exciting.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
unless youre me and you have an in w/ the local KFC and can get a double down at any time at all no questions asked

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Golashes posted:

Rusev rules.

How is Gladio not Roman Reigns, he even has the tattoo.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!

MotU posted:

unless youre me and you have an in w/ the local KFC and can get a double down at any time at all no questions asked

if you ask will they do a nashville hot chicken double down, because i would eat that and skip work for a few days

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!

rare Magic card l00k posted:

How is Gladio not Roman Reigns, he even has the tattoo.

im roman reigns

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Golashes posted:

if you ask will they do a nashville hot chicken double down, because i would eat that and skip work for a few days

they will and i have but its messy as hell

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!

MotU posted:

they will and i have but its messy as hell

alright, im ordering the NHC double down for the rumble

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Golashes posted:

im roman reigns

Let's hear your bark then

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Have they made it clear that the winner can choose what title to go after?

The Undertaker came out and said nobody tells him what to do and he can go on whatever show he wants, so after he wins the Rumble, he'll fight for whichever belt he drat well pleases. Who cares about rules or logical booking or anything like that.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

[quote="SamuraiFoochs" post="468164322"]
So Taker is winning the Rumble huh?
[/quote

Look at this mark.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Golashes posted:

alright, im ordering the NHC double down for the rumble

i dont know if every KFC will do this i was visibly distraught when they took away the double down so i think it is just pity on their part

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!

MotU posted:

i dont know if every KFC will do this i was visibly distraught when they took away the double down so i think it is just pity on their part

the last time i got nashville hot chicken it was basically 3-4 tenders with the hot chicken sauce draped over it so worst case im sure i can bullshit my way to it, so i'll just buy some cheese and whatnot and adapt if the Nightmare Scenario comes. I just hope it kills me after resident evil 7 but before WM

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!

DeepDickPizza posted:

The Undertaker came out and said nobody tells him what to do
unless you're mortal enemy vince mcmahon who can command undertaker to murder your son on command because...???

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Golashes posted:

the last time i got nashville hot chicken it was basically 3-4 tenders with the hot chicken sauce draped over it so worst case im sure i can bullshit my way to it, so i'll just buy some cheese and whatnot and adapt if the Nightmare Scenario comes. I just hope it kills me after resident evil 7 but before WM

yeah thats the main problem w/ the nashville hot chicken is that it comes in a different shape than standard or 'underground' double downs that kfc serves so it ends up being a bit of a mess even if you con your way into one especially w/ the 2 sauces and cheese mixing and dripping

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sugar Blaster posted:

unless you're mortal enemy vince mcmahon who can command undertaker to murder your son on command because...???

He's the higher power, duh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Golashes posted:

this guy ain't no big dog

• Locked thread