Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
the double down wont kill you and a nashville hot double down wont unless you normally cant handle heat

the unhealthyness of the double down is overstated, just do some stretching and maybe a job after youll be fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Gladio is 100% Roman Reigns, nobody else can be Roman Reigns. Ignis is William Regal and Prompto is Scotty 2 Hotty. Don't @ me.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

DoctorGonzo posted:

At least SD is on today.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!

MotU posted:

yeah thats the main problem w/ the nashville hot chicken is that it comes in a different shape than standard or 'underground' double downs that kfc serves so it ends up being a bit of a mess even if you con your way into one especially w/ the 2 sauces and cheese mixing and dripping

id fork and knife it but that goes against the spirit of the sandwich. the last time i got KFC NHC it seemed like they just draped the sauce over the chicken after it was cooked, maybe i can see if they can make me a double down and give me the sauce on the side and DIY it? do we have any KFC guys here to elaborate on the process?

Mons Hubris posted:

Gladio is 100% Roman Reigns, nobody else can be Roman Reigns. Ignis is William Regal and Prompto is Scotty 2 Hotty. Don't @ me.

im roman reigns

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

MotU posted:

the unhealthyness of the double down is overstated, just do some stretching and maybe a job after youll be fine

Pin me pay me

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Golashes posted:

id fork and knife it but that goes against the spirit of the sandwich. the last time i got KFC NHC it seemed like they just draped the sauce over the chicken after it was cooked, maybe i can see if they can make me a double down and give me the sauce on the side and DIY it? do we have any KFC guys here to elaborate on the process?

im roman reigns

you coudl always wrap the sandwich a little in the paper that they put at the bottom of the box, i mean thats if you care about mess at all i mean if its a rumble project and youre watchign wrestling who cares just be a piece of poo poo and eat it like ryback eating wings. you could probably even book curtis axel to cheer you on for a cheap price

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
i cant wait for triple h to enter the rumble next week now that there is absolutely no football

MotU posted:

you coudl always wrap the sandwich a little in the paper that they put at the bottom of the box, i mean thats if you care about mess at all i mean if its a rumble project and youre watchign wrestling who cares just be a piece of poo poo and eat it like ryback eating wings. you could probably even book curtis axel to cheer you on for a cheap price

yeah i was ducking around this point a bit but this is whats going to happen

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Golashes posted:

i cant wait for triple h to enter the rumble next week now that there is absolutely no football
:negative: :cry:

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
They used to have a un-breaded double down, those were good

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Sugar Blaster posted:

unless you're mortal enemy vince mcmahon who can command undertaker to murder your son on command because...???

My God, that angle was so bad. Sometimes, WWE borks angles up so badly that you almost have to admire it as art.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

That Raw sounded bad. Was it bad? It would have been cool to see Jericho win the US title but it's not worth the sacrifice.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!

DeepDickPizza posted:

My God, that angle was so bad. Sometimes, WWE borks angles up so badly that you almost have to admire it as art.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cmqwbZa6_w

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I watched the end of the Undertaker segment and I want to make that weird sound he made into my ringtone

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Alan_Shore posted:

That Raw sounded bad. Was it bad? It would have been cool to see Jericho win the US title but it's not worth the sacrifice.

It was very bad. There were some cool spots in the main event, but at the end of the day, it took a handicap match for Chris Jericho to beat Roman Reigns for a singles title, and his partner was the Universal Champion, and everyone in the ring looked weaker because of it.

EDIT: This video is cool, though. "I'm the Great JeriKhali."

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/818701456198930432

DeepDickPizza fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Jan 10, 2017

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
I booked a trip and tickets to Wrestlemania tonight because I want a redo after last year's WM was a wet fart.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DeepDickPizza posted:

It was very bad. There were some cool spots in the main event, but at the end of the day, it took a handicap match for Chris Jericho to beat Roman Reigns for a singles title, and his partner was the Universal Champion, and everyone in the ring looked weaker because of it.

Agreed. I am excited for The A Show tonight.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

StarkRavingMad posted:

I watched the end of the Undertaker segment and I want to make that weird sound he made into my ringtone

lol.

http://wrestlingwithtext.com/media/hglphdbl.wav

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

DeepDickPizza posted:

I liked the little dig at The Revival at the end.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

hello new text message notification

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Great Moments in Hook-Up History

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

I don't understand. What is the keyfab reason for putting Roman in a handicap match? Just because Stephanie doesn't like him?

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

StarkRavingMad posted:

hello new text message notification

Dammit I'm watching Mance Rayder burned alive and I cannot stop giggling about this.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
Someone change undertaker's weird noise into the home improvement grunt and send it to maffew

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

The Grey posted:

I don't understand. What is the keyfab reason for putting Roman in a handicap match? Just because Stephanie doesn't like him?

i mean, you'd think steph would really hate roman because he poisoned her and speared her and stuff but i mean, really, there's just only so much time in the show and they really couldn't work in a scene where she dresses roman down

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

cams posted:

in both of roman reigns' wrestlemania main events, the matches would have been just as good if roman reigns were replaced with a pile of wood

better even, imagine the pop at 32 when cord of wood won

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

DeepDickPizza posted:

lmao jericho's has known fillipe's real name the whole time

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

oatgan posted:

it's weird thinking about WrestleMania with Owens and AJ being the odd men out in top matches despite dominating their shows for half the year

Why is that weird? Neither of them are John Cena, Roman Reigns, or from the Attitude Era.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

I've been listening to this for several minutes straight and I'm still not tired of it.

Krispy Kremepie
Mar 23, 2005

Inside......Me....
Raw was good

Roman is good

Ya'll bitch to much and must be loads of fun to be around. See you next time on Dragon Ball Z.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
I have to wonder who had a bad week when Stephanie pulls out the emasculation act on these shows: Stephanie or Vince.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Krispy Kremepie posted:

Raw was good

Roman is good

Ya'll bitch to much and must be loads of fun to be around. See you next time on Dragon Ball Z.

:yeah:

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

If Roman is so good how come he lost to my good friend Jericho and his better friend Kevin

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

So who are the viable Royal Rumble winners, assuming that Cena beats AJ? Obviously Brock, Goldberg or Taker could all win it. Taker is in the cards for either champ according to the dirtsheets. They teased Reigns vs Goldberg, and I'm sure they'd be happy to do Reigns vs Lesnar II. But lets assume, just for the sake of argument, its not one of those three guys.

Could they give Corbin the match and do Corbin vs Cena, turn the main event momentum Smackdown has given him into stardom to go with that "build for the future," mentality a Reigns vs Taker match would represent?

Could they reward Miz for the best year of his career with a Royal Rumble win and have him face Cena to pay off his 6-month This Company Is Against Me story by going after the company's biggest symbol?

Could they finally give Ambrose the spot he deserves and relive Warrior v Hogan, celebrating both Ambrose's success in the Top Face role on SD and the IC title's renewed status with a Champion vs Champion Title-for-Title bout?

Could Balor return for an out-of-nowhere victory as the uncrowned champion who's 1-0 against his rival, giving Roman the chance to get his win back on the big stage and actually leaving his victory in doubt?

Those four seem like the only options if its not one of the Special Attractions. Rollins is busy. Styles and Owens are dropping the belts. Jericho's feud with Reigns is old and stale. I can't imagine them giving it to Strowman because if Reigns wins it kills Strowman's heat because he hasn't cemented his Unstoppable Monster position yet, and if Strowman wins it buries Reigns for not being enough of a Hero to beat the monster at Mania. At which point I guess Hogan runs in to close the show as champion.

Not to disparage that there are 7 potential Rumble Winners thanks to the the fact that there are multiple Once A Year Boys in the Rumble. Its a very impressive field. It may be the most theoretically open rumble in a decade or more. And if you include the ones I discounted, that's a total potential Mania Main Event field of 12 wrestlers, even if some of them stretch the word 'potential,' to its limits

I guess we'll have a better idea after Smackdown tomorrow. I just really hope the winner isn't a part-timer. Unless its Goldberg, I'm down with that.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

DeepDickPizza posted:

This video is cool, though. "I'm the Great JeriKhali."

This promo is loving amazing

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Sanguinia posted:

So who are the viable Royal Rumble winners, assuming that Cena beats AJ? Obviously Brock, Goldberg or Taker could all win it. Taker is in the cards for either champ according to the dirtsheets. They teased Reigns vs Goldberg, and I'm sure they'd be happy to do Reigns vs Lesnar II. But lets assume, just for the sake of argument, its not one of those three guys.

Could they give Corbin the match and do Corbin vs Cena, turn the main event momentum Smackdown has given him into stardom to go with that "build for the future," mentality a Reigns vs Taker match would represent?

Could they reward Miz for the best year of his career with a Royal Rumble win and have him face Cena to pay off his 6-month This Company Is Against Me story by going after the company's biggest symbol?

Could they finally give Ambrose the spot he deserves and relive Warrior v Hogan, celebrating both Ambrose's success in the Top Face role on SD and the IC title's renewed status with a Champion vs Champion Title-for-Title bout?

Could Balor return for an out-of-nowhere victory as the uncrowned champion who's 1-0 against his rival, giving Roman the chance to get his win back on the big stage and actually leaving his victory in doubt?

Those four seem like the only options if its not one of the Special Attractions. Rollins is busy. Styles and Owens are dropping the belts. Jericho's feud with Reigns is old and stale. I can't imagine them giving it to Strowman because if Reigns wins it kills Strowman's heat because he hasn't cemented his Unstoppable Monster position yet, and if Strowman wins it buries Reigns for not being enough of a Hero to beat the monster at Mania. At which point I guess Hogan runs in to close the show as champion.

Not to disparage that there are 7 potential Rumble Winners thanks to the the fact that there are multiple Once A Year Boys in the Rumble. Its a very impressive field. It may be the most theoretically open rumble in a decade or more. And if you include the ones I discounted, that's a total potential Mania Main Event field of 12 wrestlers, even if some of them stretch the word 'potential,' to its limits

I guess we'll have a better idea after Smackdown tomorrow. I just really hope the winner isn't a part-timer. Unless its Goldberg, I'm down with that.

This is a whole lot of words to say "The Undertaker is winning the Royal Rumble match."

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

DeepDickPizza posted:

This promo is so good I almost want to watch RAW.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
The fact that nobody corpsed during that entire promo is a testament to those involved.

Goddamnit I love Jericho and KO.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

DeepDickPizza posted:

This is a whole lot of words to say "The Undertaker is winning the Royal Rumble match."

Why do people keep wishing "no knees" Undertaker to win the Rumble?? He can't really carry a match anymore without having five minute rest holds. If it's been obvious with Bryan, Edge, HBK, Foley, on why they should never get in the ring again and everyone accepts it, why is it so hard to see that Taker has been in the same boat for a lot longer even if he only wrestles two to three times a year tops?

Why can't people just wish him well so he can live out the rest of his life with his awesome hot wife? While coming back once and a while to do a cool promo *gong* and leave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.

Jiro posted:

Why do people keep wishing "no knees" Undertaker to win the Rumble?? He can't really carry a match anymore without having five minute rest holds. If it's been obvious with Bryan, Edge, HBK, Foley, on why they should never get in the ring again and everyone accepts it, why is it so hard to see that Taker has been in the same boat for a lot longer even if he only wrestles two to three times a year tops?

Why can't people just wish him well so he can live out the rest of his life with his awesome hot wife? While coming back once and a while to do a cool promo *gong* and leave.

I don't think it's much "wishing" as it is just likely going to happen. Cena/Taker has been hinted at for a while, there's not a lot of PPV slots left until Mania and the matchup can be solidified in one fell swoop.

• Locked thread