Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Cena and Reigns are getting crowned on the same show and it's going to rule/be funny/be Vince's dream come true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

Because Undertaker got me into wrestling after a match with Kurt Angle that's why :colbert:

Definitely watch the Rumble this month. This is the most it's looked like Kurt will come back in a decade

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Suplex Liberace posted:

I still miss cm punk :(

https://twitter.com/NHLJets/status/818680621388222464
https://twitter.com/CMPunk/status/818694697065578496
https://twitter.com/MattJackson13/status/818697350642176000
https://twitter.com/CMPunk/status/818698221958610944

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I like Reigns being directly in the middle of the front-row part timers

Second place is the image of Taker from 2009

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MinibarMatchman posted:

after a somewhat cool year post-mania 2016, we've come back full circle. hopefully this will likely be the last year of Undertaker (old as poo poo) Brock (suspensions, etc) or Cena (breaks Flair's record, nothing else to prove) and, best case scenario, Roman gets murdered by Samoa Joe or something so he, Nakamura, and Balor can come back into the fold. But that's all wishful thinking

Brock's deal ends Mania 2018 so this is very likely his last full year. Taker, your best bet is the Cena match because he isn't done until after that match happens

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

fart blood posted:

No one in NXT cares: main roster means more money. They won't care if it's Raw or Smackdown or Nitro or Mid South or JCP.

Sasha posted:

I miss NXT

Bayley posted:

I miss everything. It's just bitter sweet. I'm really happy to be with WWE but it was a family back there. The family that I grew up with. It has a different feel to the crowd. We all grew together and we all built NXT together. It wasn't just the fans or it wasn't just the roster. It was all of us putting together, their giving their heart and soul when cheering and we were giving our heart and soul when we were performing in the ring. So this together made magic and it displayed on TV so that people at home could feel that. I just miss everything. NXT is so special

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

Taker's two rumored opponents are both in championship matches already and are likely to leave with their respective belts and with that being the case, I can't see a reason he would be in it if he wasn't winning it.

And if he wins it, I doubt they're making him look that strong for a John Cena match.

If he fights Cena it's his last match

If he doesn't fight Cena, he's not going to be done until he does, so enjoy another year of people wondering why he's coming back and not wanting to see him die

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ed: To avoid triple post. Thread dead, so's Brock

https://twitter.com/bokamotoESPN/status/819011718969888768

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Jan 11, 2017

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

Big Dave seems to think if he fights cena, it means he'll job to Roman next year. If he can't go past this year, he'll job to Roman now.

Do they just really never want Reigns to be the big face they've clearly always wanted him to be, because hoo loving boy :laffo: if they think retiring Taker is going to be the big thing that finally makes it work and doesn't just piss fans off more than ever

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Per Observer Radio, the 2017 Hall of Fame class currently looks like:

DDP
Ravishing Rick Rude
William Regal
Christian
Natural Disasters
IRS

gently caress yeah Christian in the Hall :unsmith:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

VJeff posted:

So did everybody just know ahead of time exactly who was gonna win the last few Rumbles because it was obvious, or what? People are saying this one's better because it's unpredictable, but like, isn't it supposed to be unpredictable every year? Isn't that kinda the point?

Ideally it's supposed to be unpredictable.

Batista and Reigns winning were extremely predictable. Hilarious but predictable

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

If you're in NY tomorrow

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:stare:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Art

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

NickRoweFillea posted:

Is there any chance I will see Akira Tozawa at 205 Live this Tuesday

Unlikely

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

Okay

Michael Cole is better than Mauro

MAMA MIA i agree completely

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Announce him for the Rumble tonight and it'll immediately be the best Raw and biggest pop the company's had in years

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Basic Chunnel posted:

I mean neither would DDP, or Drew Carey

Or Billy Gunn

Or Tommy Dreamer

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Luigi Thirty posted:

DDP, Drew Carey, Billy Gunn, and Tommy Dreamer aren't one bump from Misawaing

Dreamer is, DDP would need one or two more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

And to think Bryan Alvarez was POSITIVE Kurt was gonna die when TNA signed him. loving amazing.

To be clear, Bryan was 100% reasonable in that guess. I'm stunned it worked out relatively okay considering.

It was hard to find anybody around that period who thought Kurt would still be alive in a few years, let alone today

• Locked thread