Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who are you playing?
Velvet
Rokurou
Eleanor
Eizen
Laphicet
Magilou
View Results

• Locked thread
Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Your Computer posted:

How soon after launching the game can I make the main character(?) wear some actual clothes?

Read the OP, nerd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Terper posted:

Read the OP, nerd

There's no way something that specific is mentioned in the-

I guess I should've read the OP then :hai:

e: look fashion is important for my ~I M M E R S I O N~ and I have a hard time connecting with a character in that corset and hotpants outfit :colbert:

Your Computer fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Jan 24, 2017

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

people ask it literally every five minutes because they cant appreciate velvet's cool cape

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I'm gonna keep her in it for most of the game because it, like Velvet herself, is Kool

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

I like Velvet's villager outfit. I wish I could stream this but Bamco is silly and my laptop is too junk to do it with a capture card. Oh well.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Your Computer posted:

There's no way something that specific is mentioned in the-

I guess I should've read the OP then :hai:

e: look fashion is important for my ~I M M E R S I O N~ and I have a hard time connecting with a character in that corset and hotpants outfit :colbert:

I don't

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Gonna have to wait on getting this game for a little bit, but hopefully it ends up being good. The localization stuff has me a little worried though. Zesty didn't seem bad in that regard, but the menus clearly had issues in the editing department, and it sounds like that's spreading to other parts of the game this time.

Endorph posted:

people ask it literally every five minutes because they cant appreciate velvet's cool cape

More like any outfit that isn't the pirate one may as well not exist.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

we got idolmaster outfits for xillia and zestiria iirc, plus the evangelion and god eater ones for zestiria, so I wouldn't be surprised if they bring them all over

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Momomo posted:

Gonna have to wait on getting this game for a little bit, but hopefully it ends up being good. The localization stuff has me a little worried though. Zesty didn't seem bad in that regard, but the menus clearly had issues in the editing department, and it sounds like that's spreading to other parts of the game this time.
It seems like it's basically the same as Zestiria from where I'm standing. Zestiria had some typos in the subs, awkward win quotes, hosed up tutorials, but perfectly fine main story/skits.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

It's severely messed up that there are people playing right now and I have to wait until Thursday

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Red Red Blue posted:

It's severely messed up that there are people playing right now and I have to wait until Thursday

Let us believe that the extra time is for extra quality in Tales of Laphicet's Non-Traditional Family.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Jan 24, 2017

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I'm gonna swap between hobo and villager on a whim and nobody can stop me

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

first dlc is up and its a set of "Japanese, Fairy, and Menagerie Costumes"

Menagerie Mode Velvet
Menagerie Mode Magilou
Menagerie Mode Eleanor
Fairy Tale Velvet
Fairy Tale Laphicet
Traditional Japanese Velvet
Traditional Japanese Magilou
Traditional Japanese Eleanor

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

gotta give cristina vee credit: i still am not really keen on her main-game performance, but she sells the prologue stuff really well

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Super No Vacancy posted:

Menagerie Mode Velvet
Menagerie Mode Magilou
Menagerie Mode Eleanor
Fairy Tale Velvet
Fairy Tale Laphicet
Traditional Japanese Velvet
Traditional Japanese Magilou
Traditional Japanese Eleanor

Huh, that's out of order. Sucks to be y'all, the first Japanese catalog had the pirate outfits which all own to a one.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Super No Vacancy posted:

DLC outfit pack cost $10 :v:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Caphi posted:

Huh, that's out of order. Sucks to be y'all, the first Japanese catalog had the pirate outfits which all own to a one.
yeah, but it's also ten dollars for nine costumes, as opposed to three dollars per costume.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Endorph posted:

gotta give cristina vee credit: i still am not really keen on her main-game performance, but she sells the prologue stuff really well

Normal Velvet sounds way too much like Nova so I was expecting her to start harassing the villagers for their loan payments

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Normal Velvet sounds way too much like Nova so I was expecting her to start harassing the villagers for their loan payments

She was so drat good as Nova.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Does zaveid or his music appear in this game??? This is important.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rascyc posted:

Does zaveid or his music appear in this game??? This is important.

Yes.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Is anyone else getting strange audio during some dialogue? I get an echo / reverb effect for the lines of dialogue that happens when you are running around town or during combat(artes are unaffected). All the other audio is fine.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Is anyone else getting strange audio during some dialogue? I get an echo / reverb effect for the lines of dialogue that happens when you are running around town or during combat(artes are unaffected). All the other audio is fine.

If you're playing on PS4, it's because it's also coming out of your controller speaker. Threw me off the first few times too.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Chaotic Flame posted:

If you're playing on PS4, it's because it's also coming out of your controller speaker. Threw me off the first few times too.

:tipshat:

What a strange decision

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
There should be a setting for it if it bothers you.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Read the OP, any Before I Play tips? (The Tales I've played have been pretty good about not having weird "Gotcha!s" or bad quality of life stuff though)

Yes I know about the villager costume

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Is it just me or is the X button really sensitive with dialog? Sometimes it feels like it's skipping text ahead really quickly and I'm missing something.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Skeezy posted:

Is it just me or is the X button really sensitive with dialog? Sometimes it feels like it's skipping text ahead really quickly and I'm missing something.

I keep missing the stuff I get from battles because one button confirms and the other buttons zooms through everything fast enough to just get you out of the results screen.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I tried the demo and the battle system was a complete sensory overload. I mean, just pressing buttons at random seems to do the trick fine but I had no idea what I was doing.

Been too long since I played a Tales game, I guess. :v:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Am I supposed to know what a malakhim is right away? Like is there some supplemental material (or Zestiria?) that introduced that, or should I just be a little confused by all of it at the beginning?

I know it's hebrew for angel so that was enough of a hint anyway.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

Am I supposed to know what a malakhim is right away? Like is there some supplemental material (or Zestiria?) that introduced that, or should I just be a little confused by all of it at the beginning?

I know it's hebrew for angel so that was enough of a hint anyway.
Nah, it's something that's explained as you go along.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Your Computer posted:

I tried the demo and the battle system was a complete sensory overload. I mean, just pressing buttons at random seems to do the trick fine but I had no idea what I was doing.

Been too long since I played a Tales game, I guess. :v:

This is my first tales game and the game itself is much better at telling you what's going on.

I don't know why the demo half assed it so much.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Caphi posted:

There should be a setting for it if it bothers you.

Worst case you turn the speaker off in ps4 settings which will force everything through the tv.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

There's just an option in the options menu, though.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I was watching my friend play this earlier and pleasantly learned that it is not Berserk. It's Berserk with some HxH, which is nice.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

CharlestheHammer posted:

This is my first tales game and the game itself is much better at telling you what's going on.

I don't know why the demo half assed it so much.

I think the demo was more interested in being a sample than an introduction, if that makes sense. It worked fine for me, a person who had been following the game for the entirety of 2016, but not really for someone who is just thrown into the mechanics.

I would have put in fewer artes in total and an arte set that was more in line with the early-mid game instead of a spread from beginning to end, especially since the early-ish artes they skipped drastically underrepresent Rokurou and Eizen IME. Possibly thrown in second Break Souls to better show how the system's headline feature plays on the whole.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Caphi posted:

I think the demo was more interested in being a sample than an introduction, if that makes sense. It worked fine for me, a person who had been following the game for the entirety of 2016, but not really for someone who is just thrown into the mechanics.

I would have put in fewer artes in total and an arte set that was more in line with the early-mid game instead of a spread from beginning to end, especially since the early-ish artes they skipped drastically underrepresent Rokurou and Eizen IME. Possibly thrown in second Break Souls to better show how the system's headline feature plays on the whole.

There are second break souls? How do you break a soul in another way?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I was watching my friend play this earlier and pleasantly learned that it is not Berserk. It's Berserk with some HxH, which is nice.
also some hellsing

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Endorph posted:

also some hellsing

It's also at least superficially Digital Tales Saga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Didn't realize until about just now that this was coming to PC. First Tales game I've bothered to look at since Vesperia. What plot conceits I've seen from reviews etc look interesting so maybe this one will be good??

Am I gonna wanna do the usual thing and switch to JP voiceover even though I don't know a single word of japanese, or what

• Locked thread