Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Trump just changed the presidential seal to an image of pepe!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

I want it to be real, but the fact this came from BUZZFEED and the source is basically "James Bond", I have a hard time believing it.

Also,

"Ben Smith, Editor in Cheif of Buzzfeed, Dec 2016 posted:

Fake news will become more sophisticated, and fake, ambiguous, and spun-up stories will spread widely. Hoaxes will have higher production value. It is, for instance, getting easier and easier to create video of someone saying something he or she never said — a tool both for fake news and false denials. And powerful filter bubbles will drive competing narratives from parallel universes of facts.

http://www.businessinsider.com/buzzfeed-ben-smith-2017-fake-news-2016-12

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

Moon Atari posted:

The article you link to makes an oddly good case for buzzfeed being a credible organisation, as weird as it feels to say that.

Yeah, I really enjoyed their thoughtful and well-researched piece on "manspreading".

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

Moon Atari posted:

I can tell you haven't read it because you posted it as if it showed the buzzfeed editor confessing to plans to be fake news. The article you linked to is the editor discussing how they will combat fake news as he predicts it to rise, calling for absolute focus on Trump and the White House, and asserting to his staff that they will not ever compromise truth for access.

No, I posted the quote because it's ironic.

Ben Smith went on about how fake news is becoming a problem and how news media needs to be aware of it and combat it. He wrote that they (buzzfeed) needed to win the trust of their readers and publish credible news stories, etc, etc. Then he goes and approves a dozen stories about the Trump dossier which have not only a disclaimer that the document is unverified, contains errors and is probably fake, but also have the copout of "we just publish all the rumors and let the American people decide the truth!", which is pretty much the exact opposite of what a serious journalist is supposed to do.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

drilldo squirt posted:

Donald Trump likes bad anime I bet.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

This needs to happen at the inauguration.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

Well that was quick. They identified the source apparently:

http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/intelligence/313837-ex-spy-behind-trump-dossier-identified-report

Now just a matter of time until it's revealed who paid for it.

e: beaten.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

Piss jokes aside, the dude who wrote this is apparently banned from Russia and hasn't been there in 20+ years. He basically paid Russian contacts to give him this info. So either it was all fabricated for a payday by one of his contacts or Putin knew and is probably going to disappear the person who leaked it (ok one more piss joke).

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

Mr. F! posted:

I think obama should make an executive order to put trump in jail or at least revoke his twitter rights

Trump's twitter account is legitimately a threat to national security.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

Bip Roberts posted:

While true and there are many intermediate options a full blown war with Russia would be good imo.

a new study bible! posted:

If we went to war then we could have all of our college debt wiped away and receive a bunch of other handouts. In 40 years we could be yelling at a generation of young people about how they are lazy and need to earn their keep.

Sounds good to me.

During the cold war, Russia quite literally built an automated doomsday device that connected all their nukes to a dead man's switch. A device that would have destroyed the World if Russia lost the war. And you idiots want to go to war with them?

Sophy Wackles fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Jan 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

a new study bible! posted:

If it means I get to act haughty and yell at some kids about bootstraps, then yes.

Take a page out of the Trump playbook and avoid war with Russia, but hire prostitutes to piss in the beds of the kids.

• Locked thread