Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Pfz py ul taitm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Magic maaannn~!

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Let's dive right in. No joke phase. Gulag claims to have demons. We summon demons, but not arch demons. Gulag is an archdemon.

##vote GulagDolls

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

SirSamVimes posted:

as funny as turbos are, they're not very good for town

hosed up if true

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Moatillata posted:

Are you soft claiming el Diablo rn?

lol, no but that's p. good.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

this is a stickup posted:

it's true, I don't know my demons because I am a cool and innocent town friend

TM makes a kind of good point, this did stand out to me as well, but I kind of let it slide in that he said he doesn't know his demons, but he does admit to some degree of involvement with them, and while flavor arguments are dumb, I think this might be a crumb more than anything.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Tired Moritz posted:

seriously though, I think stickup is scum because he said he didn't know demons despite us being demon summoners. what kind of demon summoners would not have an encyclopedia of demons on hand 24/7?

##vote Stickup

Although on the same hand it's probably a little bit more suspicious that TM has called attention to it, and incorrectly at that.

##vote TM

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote SSV

Bad meta vote on Infinitum, then a vote on lumpen post turbo attempt that is intentionally devoid of effort. Weird vibes from SSV.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Tired Moritz posted:

gently caress IT LETS KILL REDNECK

##vote redneck

Any reason why?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Tired Moritz posted:

not at all. people are complaining so i want to build some momentum.

Not very much to go on at the moment unfortunately, but there are some interactions I find curious.

Mostly suspicious of: SSV(currently voting), you and stick up...

SSV for his weird votes on Pig and Lumpen

Then you and stick up for your vote on stick up which they defused as an omgus. I find that interaction curious given that stick up gave some weird flavor explanation for being town, and you twisting that flavor explanation to pin them as scum. Felt like scum trying to act like town IMO.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I think I'll vote stickup if SSV won't catch momentum. While I don't like TM's posting, the spat between TM and Stickup seems less feigned, and I'd be willing to wager that one of them was not town.

I think Stickup hosed up joking around with flavor and is going to use jokephase to hide behind that.

The VT PM is listed in OP, and his joke was weird in a very forced way.

##vote Stickup

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Asiina posted:

So the fact that the VT PM is in the OP makes his flavour mistake...worse?

Shouldn't it be the opposite that he is more likely to make a mistake if he didn't know what the flavour for town was?

Assuming he is town, it does make it worse, because not only is it listed in the OP, I imagine even power roles have similar explanations in the PM.

I think he misinterpreted the town pm in an attempt to make an innocuous joke, and put his foot in his mouth in the process.

Also Jon Joe is right about the post in question Stickup.

I mean I'm not 100% sold on it being that it's D1 and there is no information to support it beyond the weird "argument" between Stickup and TM, but where the pieces land, I end up viewing TM more favorably who IMO(meta read) just tends to post scummily.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

I have quoted that post like four times, I know what post it is

I also know that it wasn't a reference in any way to the op or my pm, and tm has admitted that is was a bullshit fluff case and you still are going off of it

Yes, because it's less TM providing the theory credibility and more how you're behaving in response to it at this point? I mean if it can so easily be dismissed as bullshit fluff, why make a prolonged defense where your feathers have clearly been ruffled.

Squirm harder.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

I'm a little annoyed for a few reasons:

I still feel like death (in real life)

weekend day1 is kinda slow and nothing happened at all except this, what else is there to talk about?

this push is so dumb that I legitimately hope you and tm are both scum cause wow

I mean I think SSV is more likely to be scum, but I could still see you and quite possibly TM as scum.

SSV hasn't done much else and no one else really seems to be following that path.

As far as TM vs You goes. You could both be scum, and your attempt to appear town has hosed up and now one of you are going to get the axe so stating you hope so and so are both scum is kind of dumb. I mean... wow.

If one of you flips scum, you can fall back on it later(as scum) claiming you called it or you supported the push or whatever, so in my mind you aren't absolved from this and given how you're acting about it, you just continue to rub me the wrong way.

OK where vote is.

Could vote TM, could vote SSV, but I think the scum tactic at the moment is to keep the vote divided as long as possible.

If the day ends in a no lynch, disgusting. If the day ends with the lynch of a town, statistically probably. If the day ends with the lynch of a scum, there's likely other scum on that lynch.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

maybe, but again he literally just did this in a game as town. why wouldn't you go for chores instead? he hasn't done much either

This is a fair point you make. However my meta for SSV and chores is nonexistent despite having been in several games with them. When chores was bacon bit, I had trouble parsing anything he did ever.

quote:

the thing is though, I could say the exact same thing to you. you went with TM at first, but held the same wishy washy stance of "well you could both be scum".
The wishy washy well you could both be scum is contingent upon the interaction being feigned, which I believe is a possibility.

quote:

there is no momentum whatsoever on TM when you vote him. safe soft bus if you're not planning on keeping your vote there. you also noted here that it was the thinking behind tm's call out was incorrect
Also no momentum on SSV when I vote him. It's more of a day 1 buckshot across the targets I've A. found scummy and B. Stick out more than others IMO

quote:

then you're absent for a while and come back when tm is the vote leader and a likely vote and backpedal pretty hard off of tm and onto me for the same reason
This is phrased in a way that's difficult to refute. My availability here isn't indication for scum/not scum, but I can see why you'd play this angle. Granted TM is still leader with you following behind.

quote:

if it comes down to it I will help vote myself off so d1 isn't worthless cause the nk surely will be useless info-wise

This is just bad. Self-voting is often viewed as town giving up, or town conceding for the sake of credibility, a self-vote would take you closer to lynch, but wouldn't secure it. I feel like this is deadline meandering in an attempt to appear town. I mean I've been there as town and said a self-vote would clear the picture for town, but it's D1 and it really won't. This stance you've taken is not as altruistic as you make it out to be.

Also hope you feel better.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

if I get lynched for lying here, I'm okay with that

The game has turned out pretty decent. It's going to be an upset either way, here in Dallas though... I can feel the butt's clenching all around me.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

The game has turned out pretty decent. It's going to be an upset either way, here in Dallas though... I can feel the butt's clenching all around me.

I don't even like football or any sports, but yeah, not a bad game. Good plays both teams, and some blunders as well.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Moatillata posted:

AA no offense but your lynch won't really tell us a whole bunch imo

Is this sarcasm, or are you misreading me. Definitely not advocating for my lynch, nor do I think it would clear up anything. Are you the scum Moat?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Moatillata posted:

Guess I misread you

Lemme look back

No I am not the scum why are you so hostile this game?

I'm not hostile man, I'm easy breezy. Just trying to up my mafia game and inquisitor status all at once.

*Steeples fingers*

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Deadline in about 2 hours. Need to reach a consensus on something.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Infinitum posted:

Legit waiting on a claim from TM, as I feel town would be much more defensive in this position.

Good point.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Asiina posted:

100% true

If you don't mind me asking, since you brought it up and it may affect the game in the long run, what is the source of your beef with Lumpen and would you vote him out just because you don't like him? I mean what if he's useful to town?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
lol

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Stick Up > SSV > Asiina

##vote Stick Up

Going to pick this back up. Your reaction to the pressure was a bit over dramatic and didn't come across as town. Asiina and Lumpen may be WIFOM territory, but her disposition on the matter didn't exactly sit well with me either, and it's not about personal biz, it is about a town vs scum mentality. As far as SSV goes, I've stated my stance on them and would still vote there.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

jon joe posted:

Forced

##vote AA

In what ways?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

we gained more info (imo) from dunking tm than me. some of the things that started to stick out to me about AA are moot and irrelevant now that tm has flipped town, but I can't help wondering if AA wasn't projecting when he said this:

the thing that bothered me before was the timing of his switch from tm to me. once enough votes had accumulated on tm, he flips to me. he also clarified that ssv had no momentum when he voted. it still bothers me now in the context of dividing the vote

I also find it a little curious that after saying a no lynch would be disgusting, AA departed the thread about an hour before deadline. the other two sentences are really just common knowledge.

Was doing my daddy duties, hence the disappearing. As far as voting and pushing though, I ended voting you who I thought, and still think, is scum.

So not that curious.

Gut has feels about Moat, but my conviction is with you.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

jon joe posted:

I have processed that AA is scum

Asked you to clarify why, and you never did. Care to now?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

jon joe posted:

because you're careful

too careful

Take that caution as an attempt at providing a more genuine and thoughtful mafia game as opposed to my usual poo poo posting.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

jon joe posted:

I don't really know if that's your meta or not but this is the first time I've ever seen "I'm NOT posting as my meta" as a defense

My argument is not a meta argument

I assure you that this train of thought will lead to nowhere and is not verifiable as an argument.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Infinitum posted:

Stickup isn't going anywhere for the moment.. sooooooo

This was a lovely ME2 vote, with no content to back it up.
Why is JJ scum? We are out of joke phase and would def like to see more logic and reasoning behind these votes.

I think you skated by D1, which is somewhat fair enough, but now I'd like to see some actual contributions.

Who are you top 3 scumspects and why?

##vote Moat

I am unable to elaborate on it beyond a gutfeeling, but I too feel that Moatillata might be scum. His behavior mimics other games I've had with him where he ended up as scum. However, I'm not pressing that for the time being. I'd much rather see stick up go. JJ is striking me as a jester or something, but I haven't played with him in a while. I just think that jokey, shitposting is intentional.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Lumpen's List
Amalgam tugged at the billowing ends of his robe. The cliché cultist attire was requisite for meetings of the cabal, but he had never gotten used to the pomp and circumstance of it all. That's not to say that he didn't appreciate the anonymity the shroud afforded.

Cut into the underbelly of Manhattan, beneath the sewer lines, along the long forgotten paths of the indigenous lay a temple touched by madness. Amalgam entered into a candle-lit sepulcher to pay tribute to his fellow acolyte Lumpen whose corpse had become a vessel for the creatures of the abyss.

Hunkered over the corpse of Lumpen, which had been laid bare, Amalgam recited a dark prayer.

"Fydwsarl, myir ph edyi. Syreylz ao zmy smivasw, kywzas hafr quoz. Frap odywm, xe aooyr zrukfzy. Frap odywm, xe wyyc zrfzm."

A deep cold crept over the room, and one by one, the candle's flames were extinguished, until the bloated and pale corpse of Lumpen glowed with an otherworldly aura.

"Lumpen, name the betrayers. Name the aggressors. Name those who would consort with the forbidden."

Lumpen's blue lips slow peeled apart from one another allowing the stench of rot to seep from his opening mouth. His eyes opened slowly and milky pupils rolled to the front of his skull.

A dissonant chorus of agonized voices began to speak as one.

"You are known to us. What is it you seek?"

Amalgam pulled back his cowl and locked eyes with the partially animated corpse of Lumpen.

"I seek the truth."

"There are many truths."

"Who among us consorts with those who shall not be mentioned?"

The chorus lets loose a sinister cackle that sounds more like shouting, and then whole sections of Lumpen's skin begin to slough, wriggling like a mass of grubs, it breaks away crumbling to ash leaving behind a list of names.

---

TOWN
Anomalous Amalgam: I know I am town, I haven't seen a good case from anyone to suggest otherwise in regards to my alignment.

LEANING TOWN
GulagDolls
Poque
CapitalistPig

NULL
redneck nazgul
jon joe
Kashuno
chores

SUSPICIOUS
Asiina
Infinitum
SSV

LEANING SCUM
Moatillata
this is a stickup

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

quote:

LEANING TOWN
GulagDolls
Poque
CapitalistPig

NULL
redneck nazgul
jon joe
Kashuno
chores

SUSPICIOUS

Asiina
Infinitum
SSV

LEANING SCUM
Moatillata
this is a stickup

GulagDolls might actually belong more in null given the difficulty in getting a straight read on them, but gut instinct, based on previous experiences with Gulag leads me to believe he's town.
I haven't played with Poque in a long time so no meta here. His behavior just doesn't seem anti-town, not ruling out the possibility of cautious scum, but I'm inclined to place them in Leaning Town.
The same can be said about my feelings about CapitalistPig and their involvement thus far.

Don't have much to say about the null group, but a couple of mentions:
jon joe's reads are bad IMO, but bad in a town way, still his play overall allows me to comfortably place him on the lower rung of null.
chores is more difficult to parse than Gulag when it comes to understanding their play, it'll become apparent as the numbers thin whether or not they are town or scum should they make it that long.

Asiina's unwillingness to play with Lumpen strikes me as anti-town even though their are personal reasons for their differences. Outside of that, despite me being suspicious of them. That obstinate approach is likely to be more town oriented.
Infinitum's opinion buckshot from his Lumpen list doesn't sit well with me. I'm a little concerned that it is forced.
I was initially suspicious of SSV, and still am, but I've eased on this. Still they belong in this group.

Moatillata is a meta gut read. I'm almost willing to vote here over stick up.
I previously mentioned several reasons for why I thought stick up might be scum. I still feel good about this, but I think I'm beginning to swing more towards Moat.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Poque posted:

Amalgam did you have an old name? I'm not sure if we ever played before I left

Ghostly Gangsta

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

jon joe posted:

town's meager content has already been overwhelmed by scum, they control the narrative

I can't believe I'm saying this but *hurk* I'd like a lumpen *gurk* lumpen list from everyone.

Unfortunately, no one is really trying to make any cases or scrutinize what is there.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

jon joe posted:

it's almost like this game is hosed. up. and i'm literally fighting against what is probably the biggest, baddest scumteam I've ever seen

too bad they thought it'd be a clever idea to try so hard

You are probably going to end up with a lot of egg on your face.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Moatillata posted:

You could also, you know, respond to the point I brought up about why you are SO sure chores is town when he post history looks like such poo poo

But realtalk tho infinitum, if you truly are town then casing me is dumb bc it will only hurt town. It's okay I can forgive you. Repent and be forgiven. There is always forgiveness.

Why would casing you hurt the town? The game is about making cases against one another.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Really wish more was happening here... what's going on these days?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Getting antsy.

Someone do something scummy.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Votecount for Day 2

CapitalistPig (3): jon joe, GulagDolls, got some chores tonight
this is a stickup (3): Anomalous Amalgam, got some chores tonight, Infinitum, CapitalistPig, Infinitum, got some chores tonight, Kashuno
Infinitum (2): redneck nazgul, Moatillata
Moatillata (1): Infinitum
jon joe (1): Poque, Moatillata, Moatillata
got some chores tonight (1): this is a stickup
Poque (1): Asiina, GulagDolls, GulagDolls
Anomalous Amalgam (0): jon joe, jon joe
Asiina (0): GulagDolls, jon joe, jon joe, GulagDolls

Not Voting (1): SirSamVimes

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is January 18th, 2017 at 11 p.m. EST -- that's in about 6 hours, 33 minutes.

Just a reminder.

##unvote

Going to do a regrettable reread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I think moat or JJ look good for lynch

• Locked thread