Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004
my friend played a set at a stargate themed rave, there were some mixers and cdjs up there that no one was using so i went up too and played with them and pretended i was part of the set and did a lot of "cmon guys put your hands up" motions it was kind of fun

here's the really good decorations that made it a stargate themed rave

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004

FedEx Mercury posted:

Raves are moshpits for sissy little gendered slurs

people i met at aforementioned rave:

effeminate man with 6 inch tall platform boots that were glittery and purple and cost him over $500
guy who constantly proudly referred to himself as a human being then decided he was genderless and now is a post op mtf
scrawny nerds who had both weed and non weed vape pens on lanyards around their necks
dr who fans with dr who themed outfits
male my little pony fans with my little pony themed outfits
a guy who told another guy with an adventure time tshirt that adventure time isn't actually anime but since it's so good it's honorary anime, although as of typing this i'm remembering this was actually at the prudential center during an anime convention but it was funny so i'm keeping it here
juggalos (guessing this is less rave and more upstate new york)
people tearfully emotional over candy trades (kandy? kandi? candi?) and how meaningful it was
vendors in slapfights

my experience is pretty limited but the people i saw there were exactly who i expected to see there

EDIT also they didn't really "mosh" they just stomped around like they were playing dance dance revolution really really angrily

garfield hentai fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Jan 11, 2017

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004

Moridin920 posted:

tbqh it sounds like you were just being a bitter goon in the corner instead of dropping some rolls and having some fun on the dancefloor

no i was a bitter goon on stage having fun pretending to play with equipment that wasn't plugged in

im not saying it was an awful experience and i hated everyone or anything i'm just saying that fedex mercury probably has a somewhat specific idea in mind of what the average rave-goer looks like and from what i saw he probably would not be surprised if he went to one

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

I went to a rave once with pills that were more ketamine (disassociative) than they were ecstasy (euphoric entheogen). Result: I got weirded out looking at all the people on the fringes NOT rolling face on the dance floor (my group was not so keen on dancing).

i don't understand how k is a party drug maybe i did it wrong because clearly people like it but the levels of intoxication seem to be "everything's pretty normal except i can't stand up never mind dance" or "the outside world has zero bearing on anything right now so the only part of my setting that matters is no one's around who will try to steal my wallet"

• Locked thread