Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
That looked like a good defensive play but whatevs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

lol

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

I am in love with Alexander Ovechkin

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
soff call leads to immediate PPG. shocking

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
OVECHKIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good night for Ovie so far.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
Ovi the Penguin killer :siren:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Way to let Ovie get back into the Richard race single-handedly, Pens.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Fleury was mostly "square" on that one too. He was over in time for the shot for sure.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
That call was complete loving dog poo poo and the PK was worse. When will Flower be gone?

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Way to let Ovie get back into the Richard race single-handedly, Pens.

I think Ovechkin just wanted to give other players false hope for the first half. "jk you can't have a Richard lol Sid"

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

MAF doesn't seem like a bad dude, but I look forward for the day he is gone

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

Vincent Van Goat posted:

MAF doesn't seem like a bad dude, but I look forward for the day he is gone

That goal was totally not on MAF

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

Godinster posted:

I didn't say it was, friend

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Godinster posted:

Murray stops that though. No joke.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Some good news is I just read that Sheary is exempt from the expansion draft. That leaves Rust/Kuhnackl/Fehr as our likely forwards exposed but I'd personally protect Rust over Hagelin at this point (just for salary purposes).

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

Vincent Van Goat posted:

I didn't say it was, friend

Fair.

If I was a Penguins fan I'd feel the same.

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

rex rabidorum vires posted:

basically what I meant to say

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Sigh. Holtby is really good :(

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
And there's 1001 in the most Ovi way possible. :siren:

People leaving him alone in his usual spot cause y'know it's not like he's ever there or anything hahaha

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

Sigh. Holtby is really good :(

Watching your team play well against Holtby or Price is infuriating as gently caress and makes me jealous

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
lol Kessel

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
I wonder how many times Phil said "gently caress" or "loving" there :lol:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Also I get the whole HBK thing but gently caress that Kessel belongs with Sid or Malkin. Preferably Malkin. Hornqvist or Rust are fine for the 3rd line RW.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Pens get luck there on that no call

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

That's a super dick move by Cole and should have been a call

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
Well there's your makeup non-call for the earlier soft one.

Happy Phil

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

That was dumb as poo poo, Connolly.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
Owwwww holy gently caress that looks painful

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Nice job Fehr :)

Edit: WOW is that a stupid penalty to take.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Christ, that was a good one there.
Surprised he wasn't bleeding.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Legit nice catch by Edzo there with the hand pass.

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

too bad the powerplay is poop

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

ovi has scored that goal on every single goalie in the league though

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

:sigh: I wish Letang had a better slapshot 'cause he's really good at dishing/holding the line but they know even if he winds up it ain't getting close to on net.

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

The powerplay was real good with Jultz and Letang so I dunno why that's not happening

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Pens are gonna get shut out :(

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

romanowski posted:

ovi has scored that goal on every single goalie in the league though

I am very aware of that. Murray is a few inches taller and plays the angle better than Flower. He stopped a number of those in the playoffs. With how that play developed I think it far more likely Murray stops that.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Woah, the Panthers held onto a one-goal lead against the Islanders? Where the gently caress was that last spring?

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

:siren: Lehkonen ?! :siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Good god that should've been 3-0 right there.

• Locked thread