Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

This thread is going places!

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

This poster would never get approved. Where's all the famous celebrity actor's faces taking up 80% of the poster? Americans only want to know who is in the movie, not what the movie is about.

Edit: That's a drat good movie poster by the way. I could see it being like War of the Worlds.

The Skeleton King fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Jan 14, 2017

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Spy Hunter.

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

Grim Fandango could be good - go full CGI like the Angry Birds/Trolls/etc films and just let Phil Lord and Chris Miller have a go. They managed to make a drat fine movie out of Legos for gods sakes

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Totall Recall is basically a video game plot already, complete with final boss showdown.

Bob Saget IRL
Oct 24, 2014

The Skeleton King posted:

This poster would never get approved. Where's all the famous celebrity actor's faces taking up 80% of the poster? Americans only want to know who is in the movie, not what the movie is about.

Edit: That's a drat good movie poster by the way. I could see it being like War of the Worlds.

It would be better for a M Knight movie.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

got any sevens posted:

Totall Recall is basically a video game plot already, complete with final boss showdown.

After the boss there's a QTE to not get sucked onto the Martian surface. And then in the ending cutscene you get sucked out anyway.

Tomato Burger
Jun 18, 2007
The secret is granola.

Angelwolf posted:

Maybe I completely missed the irony or whatever, but wasnt Cool Spot based on the red dot of 7Up already? Which is why the bonus stages were in a green soda bottle?

:thejoke:

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

This

Or Monkey island (though you could argue Pirates of the Caribbean was.)

Syndicate could make an interesting movie.

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009

Flesh Forge posted:

PUNCH OUT: A Uwe Boll Film

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

I punched a kid.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

join the nintendo fun club today!

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

I wanna see this man on the big screen

ElectricBlizzard
Jun 24, 2011

"I never met a monster I didn't like"

while making this i couldn't shake the feeling i've seen this done somewhere before, but i've gone too far to stop

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
Will there be a scuttlebug jamboree?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

A misanthrope posted:

it's just this gif for 2.5 hours

this is the funniest

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Bush's Bean Dash.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

wow

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Paladinus posted:

I want a generic fantasy film that could be based on 50% of video games.

Or a really good D&D movie.

Three-Phase posted:

Will there be a scuttlebug jamboree?

It's not gonna happen.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Mild :nws: http://i.imgur.com/80TQ1w4.png :nws:

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

ElectricBlizzard posted:

while making this i couldn't shake the feeling i've seen this done somewhere before, but i've gone too far to stop

*scans poster for reference to TJ :airquote:Henry:airquote: Yoshi - found

Approved.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Microsoft Flight Simulator: The Movie.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Paladinus posted:

Microsoft Flight Simulator: The Movie.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

super sweet best pal posted:

Or a really good D&D movie.

:smith:

Although I honestly do like Dungeons and Dragons: Wrath of the Dragon.

It's a bad B movie but it actually has character classes, monsters that are in the books, and an adventure. Check it out if you are really into D&D but don't expect much. I liked it.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

This, or Top Gear from the SNES for the rad music.

Jisei
Dec 22, 2004

A tiny bundle of supressed instincts held together by spit and caffeine.

jon joe posted:

I'd watch an esports sports drama if they played it 100% straight

Main storyline: Can {underdog team} 5-man team (plus coach and back-up) pull themselves together in time to:
Act 1: Win entry to (generic yearly national/international MOBA tournament)
Act 2: Actually win the tournament

Subplots:
-One player on the 5-man team uses performance enhancing drugs! Ethics, safety concerns, and unclear regulations abound! Probably gets removed and that's where the back-up steps in, but learns from the experience.
-The main character, second player, NEEDS to win the prize money so he can afford to live!
-The main antagonist ALSO NEEDS to win the prize money so he can afford to do something nearly as important as living!
-The coach struggles with depression of being an ex-pro who injured his wrists and lives vicariously through his players, and is also an rear end in a top hat, but works on it!
-Third player on the team is some new kid who's a total protege, but has trouble being a team player
-The fourth player on the team isn't your typically e-sportsers, he has a loving wife and kids who don't approve of his "hobby". Can he salvage his relationships while still playing? (The answer is yes, but barely, and it negatively affects his performance)
-The final player on the team is a girl. Love quadrilateral with the MC, the back-up, and the rival. (Sorry, Bechdel). Also "dealing with sexism" and "proving the gaming world wrong" plotline.
-Back-up! Surprise, it's the main character's cooler older brother who isn't even close to being as good at games, but better in almost every other way. Only agreed to be the back-up to let the team register and never expected to need to play. MC needs to work through some complicated feelings.

Finale: In game against rival's team, the MC's team is fighting an uphill battle, looks like they're going to win, but end up losing. However, the MC recovers his relationship with his older brother who then provides for him to some extent so he can live. Girl ends up with rival, actually, but the rival turns out to be pretty cool too so it's OK, especially because the MC meets someone else totally unrelated to gaming (probably healthier). The fourth player realizes gaming isn't for him and returns back to his family. Prodige' gets picked up by another team and wins next year. Coach never resolves his feelings, but learns to cope. The e-sports establishment continues to grow. Credits.

This exists almost entirely 100% as what you describe here--down to the makeup of the team--and it's called Video Game High School. It's a web series, and there's comedy but the premise itself is always played completely straight. Most of what you describe in the climax/ending is actually what happens.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Check it out if but don't expect much.

Pretty good life advice imo

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Just Cause.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Jisei posted:

This exists almost entirely 100% as what you describe here--down to the makeup of the team--and it's called Video Game High School. It's a web series, and there's comedy but the premise itself is always played completely straight. Most of what you describe in the climax/ending is actually what happens.

Thank you for bringing this into my life.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

waka waka

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Anyone mention the Adam Sandler movie Pixels yet? I heard it was bad. The pixels weren't very good.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I want a dwarf fortress movie even though I have no idea what it would be other than pure anarchy for 90 minutes.

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

DrManiac posted:

I want a dwarf fortress movie even though I have no idea what it would be other than pure anarchy for 90 minutes.

That would be neat, but Space Station 13 would be so much better.

Fabulousity fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Jan 16, 2017

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

Would rent from redbox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

Fabulousity posted:

That would be neat, but Space Station 13 would be so much better.

Boatmurdered begs to differ. Hell, it even has a ""plot"" to follow, and an ending that isn't just another happy shlock piece.

• Locked thread