Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LadyAmbien
Oct 22, 2015
Mods, if you are banning and probating people that have a different opinion/stance/political agenda/view than yours, when does the debate begin to happen?

Debate and Discussion does not work in an environment where everyone has the same opinions. It does not exist to be a special space for you to all circle jerk each other off and feel superior to anyone who thinks differently EVEN IF that opinion is offensive. Abusive? Sure - ban the hell out of them.

Things need to change around here. This is not LIBERAL DEBATE & DISCUSSION. This is a place where people pay to post, and have a right to express their personal opinions as long as they are not personally attacking anyone else. Which does NOT include blanket statements regarding groups, unless it is especially extreme.

A good example of things needing to change is the hypocritical bullshit that took place after the election when it was arbitrarily decided that those who volunteered to be banned if Hilary won, were not. The fact that we all know that had the result been reversed, every one of those bans would have been enforced is embarrassing.

Do your jobs impartially or resign.

FEEL FREE TO DEBATE AND DISCUSS THIS POST.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!
Is this for the mods to debate and discuss or everybody?

Because you're absolutely right, we definitely need a safe space for stereotypes about people. Not enough of that to go around on the internet, that's for sure.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Who was banned for their opinions?

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

IT'S GARBAGE DAY AT WENDY'S FUCK YEAH WE EATIN GOOD TONIGHT
My opinion is that it's funny that you're so shook about a black mod existing for two days that you feel a need to reassure racists they're safe here.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

The ideology eater posted:

My opinion is that it's funny that you're so shook about a black mod existing for two days that you feel a need to reassure racists they're safe here.

The QCS thread about how it should be OK to say "tranny" exploded yesterday with people coming to whine about how mean KM is for giving out sixers.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

It's pretty amazing to make a thread railing against a supposed liberal mod hivemind after minority posters have continually expressed the opinion that they are not treated with enough respect or dignity here.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Lmao if you think this forum is anything other than a safe space for racists as long as they don't use the n word.

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

joeburz posted:

Lmao if you think this forum is anything other than a safe space for racists as long as they don't use the n word.

yeah debate and discussion is by far one of the most outstandingly racist forums on the entire internet, it really sickens me. this place is basically stormfront without the n word

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I looked at this thread.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

I think D&D sucks!

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

And by that metric I think I should be made mod of D&D

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Sid Vicious posted:

I think D&D sucks!

ding ding ding

there is absolutely no 'debate' in here

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

joeburz posted:

This place is a little less than the rest of the forums in general.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Invisible Handjob posted:

yeah debate and discussion is by far one of the most outstandingly racist forums on the entire internet, it really sickens me. this place is basically stormfront without the n word

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

The GBS/QCS-ification of D&D begins.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Lmao, I only probated people (4 people, for 6 hours!) who got reported. If I was really banning people who I thought were shitheads or had terrible opinions like 90% of yall would be gone.

I'm glad I've got the racists shook though. Seethe.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Doctor Butts posted:

The GBS/QCS-ification of D&D begins.

please dont forums shame

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
In my opinion provided you can find leadership to practice relative impartiality you might have more folks post in this subforum.

Please keep an eye out here, don't let it fester into the problems this place eventually became.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

ding ding ding

there is absolutely no 'debate' in here

What is it that you feel you aren't allowed to debate, exactly?

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
I love that the debate and discussion forum has a problem with debate and discussion.

When the very idea of opposing opinions causes you to project into wild hypothetical that border on conspiracies about harboring racists and whatever the worst possible thing you can dream up is to prevent yourself from being intellectually challenged you probably shouldn't be identifying with "THE DEBATE" forum.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

LadyAmbien posted:

Mods, if you are banning and probating people that have a different opinion/stance/political agenda/view than yours, when does the debate begin to happen?

Three examples from recent months shouldn't be hard to find, then.

The Hillary-toxx thing is unfortunate and wrongly decided, I'll grant. But that's very different from what the rest of your post is about.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Koalas March posted:

Lmao, I only probated people (4 people, for 6 hours!) who got reported. If I was really banning people who I thought were shitheads or had terrible opinions like 90% of yall would be gone.

cool gif

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Fat Shat Sings posted:

I love that the debate and discussion forum has a problem with debate and discussion.

When the very idea of opposing opinions causes you to project into wild hypothetical that border on conspiracies about harboring racists and whatever the worst possible thing you can dream up is to prevent yourself from being intellectually challenged you probably shouldn't be identifying with "THE DEBATE" forum.

Do you have an example?

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

The ideology eater posted:

all of three replies in to call the OP a racist. incredible.

Sid Vicious posted:

I think D&D sucks!

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Nevvy Z posted:

What is it that you feel you aren't allowed to debate, exactly?

look at this white fragility

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
You can get probated or threads locked in other subforums for even mentiong D&D.

Is this one of the things that can go away? Because it's completely stupid.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i posted a thread which i think is very much akin to D&D called I think America SUCKS and it was moved to C-SPAM i do not like this thank you for listening

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

Guys I believe that we must secure the existence of our people and a future for White children

Let's debate and discuss

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Have you considered that this has nothing to do with you and is about d&d modding in general?

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Gail Wynand posted:

Guys I believe that we must secure the existence of our people and a future for White children

Let's debate and discuss

I disagree and think that mulatto kids are so cute!

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Koalas March posted:

you immediately labeling dissent as racism totally isn't the problem people have with your ability to decide who does/ does not get to speak.

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

IT'S GARBAGE DAY AT WENDY'S FUCK YEAH WE EATIN GOOD TONIGHT

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

all of three replies in to call the OP a racist. incredible.

Sorry, I'll post faster next time.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
As someone who would have posted this exact thing, say, two years ago, I think D&D is in a pretty good place at the moment, or at least the portions I read are. That doesn't mean there is no one who posts in bad faith or posts personal attacks, but....it's much improved I think, to the point where I don't think this specific announcement was necessary.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Fat Shat Sings posted:

you immediately labeling dissent as racism totally isn't the problem people have with your ability to decide who does/ does not get to speak.

What are examples of her labeling dissent as racism?

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

Expecting impartiality is stupid. Unless you turn moderators into robots, that's not going to be possible. And tacitly accepting any slurs or evidences of discrimination short of the vilest is a good way to make D&D more unreadable than it is.

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

Sid Vicious posted:

I disagree and think that mulatto kids are so cute!
I can be ok w that as long as they are quadroons or octoroons

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Gail Wynand posted:

I can be ok w that as long as they are quadroons or octoroons

i dont know those words

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Grapplejack posted:

Have you considered that this has nothing to do with you and is about d&d modding in general?

That seems really unlikely, but totally possible!

look at this white fragility

Why do you assume I'm white? Why not just answer the question?

I am

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Yes, this is totally about making sure D&D continues as a branch of Stormfront and nothing to do with getting rid of the bias that resulted in the Hilary/Trump Toxx disaster.

• Locked thread