Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka

Majorian posted:

I wouldn't call it much of an argument; you're embarrassing yourself, and the rest of us are standing around laughing at you.

I agree, man who uses "fee-fees" unironically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Squashing Machine posted:

Indeed, there was no irony in my using that phrase. I used it 100% seriously.

Also without a shred of contempt.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

you're just mad he beat you to it

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

how do you know it was unironically

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

*sweating* As long as I laugh in time with them, they will not notice me, and their lame insults will not find their way to my doorstep, to own my family and children

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

sudo rm -rf posted:

how do you know it was unironically

irony only exists in gbs posts and centrum vitamins, duh

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Dick Milhous Rock! posted:

Gosh I'm sure glad that a bunch of people who didn't toxx for anyone have strong opinions about toxxing

Also, a good chunk of loving around with the trump toxx thread was baloogan feeling bad and trying to let people who didn't want to stay toxxed for trump after the sexual assault stuff get out of it, but I guess we can keep blaming zdr for it like some omnipresent liberal panopticon posting robot

I toxxed in D&D before the primaries were settled and SedanChair ate a permaban as a result. He should've been able to duck the aftermath of being a giant tard by donating $10 to RAINN?

(Also you're the guy that ZDR who gave you your name change and the giant avatar)

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Call Me Charlie posted:

I toxxed in D&D before the primaries were settled and SedanChair ate a permaban as a result. He should have been able to duck being a giant tard by donating $10 to RAINN?

Call Me Charlie, a man who values forums honor over assisting victims of sexual assault. do not cross his virtual steel, for you will fall like a dog, in the mud

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

boner confessor posted:

*continues posting shittily in d&d, isn't probated, learns nothing*

Perhaps it's the job of other posters to, oh I don't know, debate and/or discuss lovely posts and opinions rather than the moderators who should be more focused on keeping the forums functioning rather than scoring points for Team Correct Opinions

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Commie NedFlanders posted:

Perhaps it's the job of other posters to, oh I don't know, debate and/or discuss lovely posts and opinions rather than the moderators who should be more focused on keeping the forums functioning rather than scoring points for Team Correct Opinions

one of the ways mods keep forums functioning is by giving congenitally lovely posters probations no matter how much they whine and stew and stamp their feet about it. sorry you were temporarily restrained from posting on a forum at one time or another and this made you mad, and this is someone else's problem apparently because you have to externalize your emotions like a child?

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

Call Me Charlie posted:

(Also you're the guy that ZDR who gave you your name change and the giant avatar)

sorry, paid for both, but thanks

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

please dont post negatively about that avatar

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

Call Me Charlie posted:

I toxxed in D&D before the primaries were settled and SedanChair ate a permaban as a result. He should've been able to duck the aftermath of being a giant tard by donating $10 to RAINN?

i can't parse this post

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

For the record, and I just find this to be a funny example of the thread topic I'm not mad about it I've forgiven and accepted the person, I ate a ban and was forced to produce more money to this website because I said Hitler hated Marxism and provided textual proof of it.

That's like getting banned for saying what year Columbus sailed the ocean blue

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
also just to prevent you from quoting my rap sheet at me like that's clever or original i dont care about being probated because hey, turns out, it's not an actual punishment at all, and it's not something anyone should have emotions about ever because that's stupid as hell, to be upset, about unfairly being prevented from posting on a forum

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

I asked zdr if I could change my regdate and he told me I had to commit to a nixon theme

so I bought two avatars and the name change to be :nixon:

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

boner confessor posted:

one of the ways mods keep forums functioning is by giving congenitally lovely posters probations no matter how much they whine and stew and stamp their feet about it. sorry you were temporarily restrained from posting on a forum at one time or another and this made you mad, and this is someone else's problem apparently because you have to externalize your emotions like a child?

IMO probations shouldn't be given out for wrong opinions, but for things which ruin the structure of the debate and discussion space, such as stupid no content posts, spamming, posting things that have been addressed a dozen times (aka not reading the thread before posting) or dogpiling on someone and cheerleading for having an unpopular opinion

I think the task of a moderator should be to cultivate and maintain a space where free and open discussion can take place with a healthy amount of structure but without prohibitions on what opinions are allowed

It shouldn't be that hard, the whole concept of "I don't agree with you but I'll defend your right to say it" should apply, and the basic expectation of forming your head feels into sentences in a roughly recognizable argument structure

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

sudo rm -rf posted:

i can't parse this post

As far as I can tell, Call Me Charlie perceives fairness through the lens of 'big custom titles'

The Insect Court
Nov 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

piss__donald posted:

I guess I'm confused about what prompted this thread. I'm 23 pages in and still haven't seen a single example of supposedly-biased moderation, aside from a couple of 6 hour probations (if you melt down over 6 hour probations you should probably learn to Log Off).

Debate & Discussion threads fit broadly into "Debate" and "Discussion" categories, funnily enough. Each thread has its own culture, which evolves naturally and by consensus of the posters who choose to post about that topic. I don't think it's to anybody's benefit to try and apply the same moderating framework to, say, the Middle East thread, the Marriage Equality thread, the Canadian Politics thread and the "Crazy emails from your family" thread. The current feminism thread was framed explicitly as a place for higher-than-entry-level discussion. Why would anybody waste their time trying to argue the merits of feminism-as-a-concept in that thread? They're allowed to make their own "Feminism 101" or, heck, "Actually men are oppressed" thread and as long as it isn't garbage metacommentary it'll probably stay open. But for some reason they can never be bothered to make the effort.

I'm strongly in favour of D&D's current rules. They're not a list of prescribed words that you aren't allowed to say, they're a set of principles that we as moderators would like posters to bear in mind when they post.

thank's

a) Please explain to us why this was such a horrible violation of the higher-than-entry-level substantive discussion in the racism thread. I have removed the usernames so we can focus on the content and be educated as to the evolved set of principles that are D&D's current rules.

Poster A posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/smoothkobra/status/817749580519501824

Sorry if this was posted already.
Meanwhile Apples billions in cash on hand is impressive and cool.

b) a) Is TB really slashie or were you just pulling our leg?

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

Commie NedFlanders posted:

For the record, and I just find this to be a funny example of the thread topic I'm not mad about it I've forgiven and accepted the person, I ate a ban and was forced to produce more money to this website because I said Hitler hated Marxism and provided textual proof of it.

That's like getting banned for saying what year Columbus sailed the ocean blue

man i'm pretty sure you got banned because you repeatedly pm'd an admin to complain about your probation

maybe im remembering this wrong though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

This thread has become a fantastic source for mod reports, so I'm closing it as moderating it is distracting me from treating D&D posters unfairly because of their personal political beliefs.

• Locked thread