Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LadyAmbien
Oct 22, 2015
Mods, if you are banning and probating people that have a different opinion/stance/political agenda/view than yours, when does the debate begin to happen?

Debate and Discussion does not work in an environment where everyone has the same opinions. It does not exist to be a special space for you to all circle jerk each other off and feel superior to anyone who thinks differently EVEN IF that opinion is offensive. Abusive? Sure - ban the hell out of them.

Things need to change around here. This is not LIBERAL DEBATE & DISCUSSION. This is a place where people pay to post, and have a right to express their personal opinions as long as they are not personally attacking anyone else. Which does NOT include blanket statements regarding groups, unless it is especially extreme.

A good example of things needing to change is the hypocritical bullshit that took place after the election when it was arbitrarily decided that those who volunteered to be banned if Hilary won, were not. The fact that we all know that had the result been reversed, every one of those bans would have been enforced is embarrassing.

Do your jobs impartially or resign.

FEEL FREE TO DEBATE AND DISCUSS THIS POST.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LadyAmbien
Oct 22, 2015
You are all seriously proving my point here and it's hilarious. Different opinion = automatic racist.

LadyAmbien
Oct 22, 2015

The ideology eater posted:

Yes the admin thread about D&D modding that was posting publicly instead of in the mod forum for some reason definitely isn't about the new mod that people in QCS are whining about. Especially not when it's directly addressing the stuff those posters are whining about.

The reason being that users need to see that there is going to be change taking place. It is an absolutely ridiculous leap to racism, but that's your opinion and you have a right to it.

LadyAmbien
Oct 22, 2015

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'm glad there's so much spirited discussion happening around questions of free speech and impartiality, but we just had to hide a thread because Kiwifarms members were using it to doxx and collect personal information on a bunch of our posters. I consider that a way bigger problem than the ongoing debate about D&D moderation. So if this is where we're having modding discussions now, I'm concerned about the fact that you and Lowtax have so wholeheartedly endorsed the site. I think encouraging people on SA to act more like a website that runs a wiki in which they have detailed every single moment of a person's life, down to the shirts he wears, and has entire forums dedicated to doxxing and harassing minorities online is a huge issue. A much bigger one than questions of mod bias, use of slurs on the site, how to handle political discussions in GBS, etc. We need to make it very, very clear that doxxing people, trying to dig up their information, or harassing them off SA isn't okay at all, and people who want to do that aren't welcome here.

I agree that doxxing people is wrong, should not be done and is not welcome here. Thank you for hiding the thread.

• Locked thread