Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

joeburz posted:

Lmao if you think this forum is anything other than a safe space for racists as long as they don't use the n word.

yeah debate and discussion is by far one of the most outstandingly racist forums on the entire internet, it really sickens me. this place is basically stormfront without the n word

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Sid Vicious posted:

I think D&D sucks!

ding ding ding

there is absolutely no 'debate' in here

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Nevvy Z posted:

What is it that you feel you aren't allowed to debate, exactly?

look at this white fragility

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I have an idea

rename this place The Safe Space

make another subforum called Racist Debate and Discussion

everybody is happy

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Tolkien minority posted:

if we're just naming the largest websites and calling them altright cesspools i also nominate google and amazon. have u seen the hosed up nazi stuff u can find on there!?!?

if you type alt-right or nazi into google it will actually TELL YOU about that stuff, what the gently caress

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

FactsAreUseless posted:

Great, then post that in big bold letters in GBS, because we're already seeing this stuff happen. Please. People care a lot about what you and Lowtax say about the forums, including me. So anything you say that can open the door to this kind of behavior is an issue. I don't care if the politics forums become more conservative, but we've already had to deal with doxxing and a public and not-backed-up pedophilia accusation today. We can't stop people from offsite from coming here and finding info people post, and I get that, but we can draw a clear line and say "this is what's not acceptable."

I absolutely agree doxxing should be completely off limits, and I agree with everything you said in this thread

You're a big-wig admin though and surely you have some ways of talking about this with the people who own this site somewhere other than this thread which in my opinion (and not just mine) brings up a valid point and isn't really about doxxing, which I agree is a serious and horrible issue

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

FactsAreUseless posted:

This isn't what I'm trying to do. I don't think you - or anyone who posts on this site, actually - hates lgbt people or is trying to harass them. I'm just very annoyed that this other website has started trying to harass our users. If I'm conflating different issues, fine, fair, it just has me on edge.

It's nice to hear you say that and it's good that you are trying to protect our LGBT members

the problem this thread is addressing is that it's incredibly easy to accuse people at the drop of a hat of indeed hating lgbt people over minor statements and then enjoy dogpiling on them

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'm not trying to invalidate the issues people have over D&D, this is just the place that I have to get attention for this tangentially related but much more serious issue.

if this is honestly the only place you have, in a mostly unrelated thread, as the most visible and influential admin on these forums, to talk to the ownership about the fact that an off-sites forum is stalking our membership, doxxing and harassing them irl, then that is very worrying. you need a bat / lowtax signal for that sort of poo poo

I digress though because I think this is an important thread and I don't want to derail it any further

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Neurolimal posted:

It seems like you need a handy organizational chart about the Oppression Hierarchy to post in certain threads.

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

FactsAreUseless posted:

Sorry, I'm very angry about Kiwifarms. I realize that it isn't somehow your fault because you liked some funny pictures they did.

jesus

I hope I don't banned for this

but lowtax, these are still your forums. I have been lurking since before my regdate, I've spent most of my life on your lovely creation.

I know you're sick of this place, and I don't blame you. this thread does a fantastic job explaining why you would be sick of it. but please, be a little bit more involved to the point that this isn't the only way your main admin can get your attention.

please, come back. we miss you.

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's not, and I'm sorry I implied this, and I'm also not the "main admin:" ZDR does so much more work keeping these forums going than me, and I was just made an admin alongside a few others all at once. Everyone here cares a lot about the forums, and I obviously spend a lot of time on them. It's been a frustrating few days and that all just spilled out.

you're by far the most active and level headed one I see. even if you lean towards the problems I think this thread brings up you are always reasonable.

these forums lack leadership, direction, and a vision. and that's a problem.

Pop-o-Matic Trouble posted:

This whole idea behind this thread feels really inappropriate for a public forum.

it's like the democracy wall in china when a victor emerges we can purge the wrong-thinkers

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Lowtax posted:

I believe the entire purpose of this thread was to point out that a forum called "Debate and Discuss" should be *more* lenient with free speech, as opposed to more intolerant. I do not believe anything said was to be interpreted as "we are racists and want more racists." It's kind of the exact opposite.

Listen, everybody is so quick to label everybody else. I'm accused of being alt right by the left, and a SJW by the alt right. Does one accusation have to be correct? No. Instantly labeling people, particularly as racists, is not conductive to either debate not discussion. Does me saying that make me racist?

thank you

all anyone is saying is that when someone comes in here with an opinion you find disturbing, you tell them why it is wrong. like it or not, these forums are mostly stupid ignorant white people. full of white tears. like the good ol' country of the USA most of you live in and despise.

if you are not willing to educate, debate, and explain to people why their opinions are wrong in your view and instead just label them racists and dogpile upon them shouting them down, then just rename this forum the safe space

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Nevvy Z posted:

Yeah, but at some point it's the same poeple over and over again doing the same poo poo because they can't be bothered to be educated.

this is the poo poo I'm talking about right here:

Chelb posted:

*A person hands out a grand total of four six hour probations with gifs attached to them*

this is ruining the discourse!!!!!!

joeburz posted:

This thread and the incidents preceding it are an excellent example of people completely overreacting and being incapable of handling a black person in power, however small that power may be.

completely ignoring the issue. refusing to debate. insisting this is not something that has been brewing for a long time, and is just because of the new mod. fragile white tears crying because a black woman finally has power over them

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
for the record I don't think Koalas March has done anything wrong and has been a fine mod so far, and should stay as one

trying to oversimplify and make it about her is ridiculous. this turd has been brewing a long time

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Chelb posted:

Well yeah, racism's been going on for a pretty long time

yup

rename this shithole the safe space

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Nevvy Z posted:

Yeah gently caress this place if we are discouraged from racism why even live

look at these white tears :cry:

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Lowtax posted:

As her husband, I can 100% assure you she's upset because she previously considered herself to be a feminist Canadian liberal from the weed capital of the world, and the attitude amongst fellow liberals here blew her out of the water.

lowtax please come back and have more of a stake in your forums again

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

VendaGoat posted:

Why do some groups deserve your protection and others don't?

I already posted about how racism against Asians is mostly accepted on these forums in ways it isn't for other groups and was totally shut down / poo poo on / ignored in the QCS thread, so

don't ask this question

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Nevvy Z posted:

It was ignored becuase no one thought you were posting it in good faith.

yeah nothing I said was wrong, what made you think it wasn't in good faith?

so you think ching chong wing wong poo poo is okay?
was it because you don't find the term mongoloid offensive and think it's a joke?
was it because I mentioned chris rock's offensive stereotyping at the oscars?

or did you get offended by me mentioning the long history of discrimination Asians have faced in this country, including their expulsion and exclusion after building the railroad for near slave wages? the fact that they look completely different, often are first generation immigrants and stereotyped as being unable to speak english?

you know how many loving eating cat and dog comments an asian person in rural america has to go through on a daily basis?

none of you thought that was serious enough to comment on though, ok

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Invisible Handjob posted:

yeah nothing I said was wrong, what made you think it wasn't in good faith?

so you think ching chong wing wong poo poo is okay?
was it because you don't find the term mongoloid offensive and think it's a joke?
was it because I mentioned chris rock's offensive stereotyping at the oscars?

or did you get offended by me mentioning the long history of discrimination Asians have faced in this country, including their expulsion and exclusion after building the railroad for near slave wages? the fact that they look completely different, often are first generation immigrants and stereotyped as being unable to speak english?

you know how many loving eating cat and dog comments an asian person in rural america has to go through on a daily basis?

none of you thought that was serious enough to comment on though, ok

shut up you loving racist piece of filth

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Nevvy Z posted:

Because this reads like a parody of a bad stone cold post

shut up you privileged white filth

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Nevvy Z posted:

No, now if you'lle xcuse me I need to make a post in QCS about how mean people in D&D have been to me.

go for it, I do think you're a gigantic piece of white racist trash

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I love how Asians deserve no protections and posts about discrimination against them are laughed off because they don't have capitalization

HA HA HA Silly little dicked inscrutable fuckers

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
groups it's ok to discriminate against according to D&D

Asians, and pedophiles. they're the same things aren't they? Anime! LOL

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Noyemi K posted:

if it makes you feel better, I have been trying to affect your same sentiment but ANIME AV

it wouldn't make a single bit of difference what your av was

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

TTerrible posted:

Do you have a problem with white people? :(

gently caress white filth

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

*violently scratches the yes box*

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
rename this forum the safe space

have a list of races you are allowed to be racist against at the door

gently caress white filth

gently caress yellow filth

anything else?

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Segmentation Fault posted:

noyemi hasnt watched an anime since she moved in with me in september

real talk I don't think it's the race of the people in the gifs, its the fact that you're posting gifs at all. It makes you seem flippant and dismissive of people's concerns, and the fact that the gifs are tumblr-style clips of movies or television shows makes you seem immature

it's the forums mod equivalent of sending out a legal notice in comic sans

she's literally the only person that's ever agreed with my sentiment so go give her an irl high five for me please

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Noyemi K posted:

you are a loving paranoid idiot

how have I never noticed your posting before Noyemi K

:discourse:

I'm giving you an internet high five incase your roommate forgets

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

FactsAreUseless posted:

One obvious solution would be to have a conservative mod. And I don't mean conservative in the sense of "mainstream liberal that other liberals accuse of being a secret Republican." But I don't know who the good candidates are because I don't follow D&D closely enough.

also because they were all driven out a long time ago which is part of the problem

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Lowtax posted:

This thread is a great example of how I think D&D should be. There's a good amount of serious posts, a good amount of jokes, and a minimal amount of "you disagree with me, therefore you are X" poo poo. Seriously, I don't even know who I'm making fun of anymore, but it's not some dreadful feeling like an invisible sword is about to chop off my head for saying the "wrong" thing. Besides the person I banned for being a waste, everybody has been cool and good in my HONEST OPINION.

I'll agree with this

Servaetes posted:

This thread is assuredly not what DnD is like.

This one too

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Who What Now posted:

Because if there's one thing we love it's libertarianism.

I remember when this subforum had such a libertarian hivemind it was nearly as insufferable as it's become now

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Trunko posted:

These d&d rules are, much like a chinaman's regard, unscrutable.

inscrutable u dum gently caress

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Invisible Handjob posted:

inscrutable u dum gently caress

white trash can't even spell his own language

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Tolkien minority posted:

look im sorry to break it to you like this but chinaman is a funny word

apparently chinaman isn't hate speech

please no one ban tolkien minority i'm not serious

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Neurolimal posted:

unscrotumble, because you have a tiny beenis (not because of your race tho)

i do have a tiny penis

but i've been trying those weights to stretch it out and get it longer. gonna keep at it. wish me luck

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Lowtax posted:

NICK FURY IS WHITE

nice cultural imperialism

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Tolkien minority posted:

*wishes upon monkeypaw*

"please, i beg of you, let me say the fag and retard words on the internet"

at least you're honest about that your highest ambition is life is to be able to post slurs on the internet

at least the taboo ones that aren't just silly fun like small penis chinaman or white filth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Lowtax posted:

Listen Buddy, as an AVID Nintendo fan I can assure you t

I remember when I first registered and all of your subjects lived in fear of your mighty banhammer

it's good to see that return

honestly when you banned that guy I had flashbacks to the two towers when theoden rohan king awoke from his slumber

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFogXTIv3MY

I guess in this analogy gandalf is probably shmorky

• Locked thread