Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

MY KPI IS HOW MANY VP NUTS I SUCK IN A FISCAL YEAR AND MY LAST THREE OFFICE CHAIRS COMMITTED SUICIDE
I need to thank all of you for having the strength and courage to talk about these topics and feelings in this forum.

There is certainly me, and I suspect some others who stand in the back of the room ( metaphorically speaking ) and don’t say anything, but we witness the manner in which you are caring and supportive to each other and it shows a powerful, positive example of how we should be treating ourselves and the people around us.

Thank you for this example.

Also: gently caress 2020.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

MY KPI IS HOW MANY VP NUTS I SUCK IN A FISCAL YEAR AND MY LAST THREE OFFICE CHAIRS COMMITTED SUICIDE
Cancer got my dad when i was 19. He was just starting to tell me all the cool/dumb poo poo he did when he was a kid because i was finally old enough not to try to top it.

We all knew it was coming at the time, and once he was gone it was just kind of overall numb for a while.

It was a long time ago, now.

The loss doesn’t really go away, and you wont want it to. It does get easier to carry with time.

I’d have liked to see him play with his grandkids. He would have been an awesome granddad.

Sorry about your dad, man.

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

gently caress cancer.

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

Bored As gently caress posted:

I'm so sorry about your dad, too. I'm so sorry he went so young.

Thanks man.

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

Yeah man. Same, but 20+ yrs further along that journey.

“Everything is bittersweet” -> yup. Still is, and i would never wish for it not to be, but its not suffocating anymore. Over time you get used to carrying the weight.

This is might be trite and insulting in this audience , but it has done me a lot of good

If you decide that you are strong enough to handle it, then you are. If you decide you are not, then you are not. It will still suck a whole lot either way, but your reaction to the suckage will make the experience worse for you and the people who care about you.

Functionally its faith, but its faith in yourself - and that is really a really difficult gift to give yourself when you also feel like you don’t deserve it.

E: You do in fact deserve it, fyi

fresh_cheese fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Nov 18, 2021