Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Jenkem Delivery posted:

MOTYC: Sanity- vs The Undistputed Era vs the Authors of Pain w/ Roderick Strong - Wargames Match - NXT Wargames

hell yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

Testekill posted:

I disagree

MOTYC: WARGAMES, NXT Takeover:Houston 11/18/17

4th

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Jenkem Delivery posted:

MOTYC: Sanity- vs The Undistputed Era vs the Authors of Pain w/ Roderick Strong - Wargames Match - NXT Wargames

This

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
going to nth the MOTYC for War Games. That poo poo was bonzo gonzo.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
WMOTY: Tommy Dreamer vs. Joey Mercury, House of Hardcore 35

Been a while since I've seen a show end with fans showering the ring with garbage

EugeneJ fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Nov 19, 2017

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

EugeneJ posted:

WMOTY: Tommy Dreamer vs. Joey Mercury, House of Hardcore 35

Been a while since I've seen a show end with fans showering the ring with garbage

did... did you watch this instead of NXT

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'd say HMs for Almas/Drew and the War Games match, but only because of what an insane year for wrestling quality it has been - goddamn both matches were amazing, and it's a moot point because both have enough MOTY nominations anyway.

Another incredible NXT Show, the streak continues.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Testekill posted:

MOTYC: Andrade Cien Almas vs Drew McIntyre, NXT Takeover: Houston 11/18/17

That was a fantastic match
It was one of the best told stories by the WWE all year so I'm going to vote it in, it doesn't stand up to Omega/Okada but it's still really drat good.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Gonna say MOTYC for Black/Dream, and HM for Almas/Drew and Wargames

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

WMOTYC: Raw Women vs Smackdown Women, WWE Survivor Series 11/19/2017

I don't even need to wait for it to end to give this a nomination

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

WMOTYC: Women's Team Raw (Alicia, Sasha, Bayley, Nia & Asuka) vs Women's Team Smackdown (Becky, Nattie, Tamina, Carmella and Nattie) at Survivor Series.

Just a complete mess of horrible booking that seemed to actively work against the strengths of the wrestlers and the hopes of the crowd. At least they got the ending right but that was basically the only bright spot.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Testekill posted:

I don't even need to wait for it to end to give this a nomination

Yupppp

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Outside of the ending sequence, this match felt like it was designed to make everyone look like a complete joke.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Jerusalem posted:

WMOTYC: Women's Team Raw (Alicia, Sasha, Bayley, Nia & Asuka) vs Women's Team Smackdown (Becky, Nattie, Tamina, Carmella and Nattie) at Survivor Series.

Just a complete mess of horrible booking that seemed to actively work against the strengths of the wrestlers and the hopes of the crowd. At least they got the ending right but that was basically the only bright spot.

Nth-ing this. That was just terrible.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
HM: Usos vs. The Bar, Survivor Series 11/19

It started a bit slow but the spots got really good and the ending sequence was absolutely fantastic.

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Fenrir posted:

It started a bit slow but the spots got really good and the ending sequence was absolutely fantastic.

second

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Fenrir posted:

Seconded

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Fenrir posted:

Yeah, match of the night so far.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HM: Brock Lesnar vs AJ Styles at Survivor Series

Goddamn that was a ton of fun and it was great seeing a motivated Brock again.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Jerusalem posted:

Going to agree here.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Thirding

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Glad to see that Brock can have a really good match when he gives a poo poo

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Jerusalem posted:

Nthed.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

WMOTYC: Team Raw (Kurt, HHH, Braun, Finn & Samoa Joe) vs Team Smackdown (Shane, Cena, Orton, Nakamura and Bobby Roode) at Survivor Series.

What the Christing gently caress....?

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

WMOTYC: Team Raw (Kurt, HHH, Braun, Finn & Samoa Joe) vs Team Smackdown (Shane, Cena, Orton, Nakamura and Bobby Roode) at Survivor Series.

Second

Absolutely loving terrible. Did nothing for anyone but HHH and Shane.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

I still don't know what the gently caress is going on and not in a good way

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Jerusalem posted:

From a booking standpoint, 100%

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Absolutely 100%

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Jerusalem posted:

Holy crap at all the drat standing around. Some terrible matches are at least bizarre, but this was just boring as hell

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Midnightghoul posted:

From a booking standpoint, 100%

I'd say even from a workrate standpoint it was garbage; Roode got a couple of minutes working with Trips, Balor did nothing, Joe did slightly more and Orton didn't accomplish much either. Literally the only good part was Nakamura beating up team RAW early on.

edit: Also sacrificing Owens & Zayn at the altar of Shane

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Jerusalem posted:

Nth-Ed. Basically buried all the new talent (sans Braun) while pushing HHH and the McMahon’s in a mess of a match that was booked in the worst possible way.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
It wasn't the worst wrestled match, but it told a godawful story.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

jimmydalad posted:

Nth-Ed. Basically buried all the new talent (sans Braun) while pushing HHH and the McMahon’s in a mess of a match that was booked in the worst possible way.

Braun is actually the only new talent in the match.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

HM: Team Raw (Kurt, HHH, Braun, Finn & Samoa Joe) vs Team Smackdown (Shane, Cena, Orton, Nakamura and Bobby Roode) at Survivor Series

thought it was at least as good as, if not better than, toru yano vs. kenny or toru yano vs. colt

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Yeah the match was fine from a workrate perspective, but garbage booking wise. So I would put it firmly in the bad column, but not the worst column.

If we are going to measure stuff by that perspective, then TNA has had infinitely worse matches both workrate and booking wise. Please remember Abyss vs Grado from a few weeks ago.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

DarkstarIV posted:

Yeah the match was fine from a workrate perspective, but garbage booking wise. So I would put it firmly in the bad column, but not the worst column.

If we are going to measure stuff by that perspective, then TNA has had infinitely worse matches both workrate and booking wise. Please remember Abyss vs Grado from a few weeks ago.
It tells the story of a bunch of main roster main events, where the road agents and wrestlers seem to know what the fans want, but then want Vince wants takes over by the end.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

DarkstarIV posted:

Please remember Abyss vs Grado from a few weeks ago.

There are plenty of fallen trees in the forest.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Super No Vacancy posted:

thought it was at least as good as, if not better than, [...] toru yano vs. colt

im never going to a wrestling show with you again this is the ultimate betrayal

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
i watch wrestling for different reasons than all of you it seems, so here i go

MOTY - Team Raw (Kurt, HHH, Braun, Finn & Samoa Joe) vs Team Smackdown (Shane, Cena, Orton, Nakamura and Bobby Roode) at Survivor Series

i live for terrible booking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

Nth, yikes

• Locked thread