Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«4 »
Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Regulation Size posted:

My contender for MOTY 2017.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s39Rp2OED4Y

It happened in 2011 but I only saw it this year.

So shocking that they couldn't develop Ricardo, but Conor is still employed. A fun match, everything Ricardo did was great.

Who the hell thought Dolph Ziggler commentary from the stage was a good idea, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regulation Size
Sep 21, 2009

Wazzu posted:

So shocking that they couldn't develop Ricardo, but Conor is still employed. A fun match, everything Ricardo did was great.

Who the hell thought Dolph Ziggler commentary from the stage was a good idea, though.

Ricardo was great all-around as a prop for a bunch of feuds and comedy wins, and I miss him.

Also not sure about that DZ outburst.

Baron Corbyn
Jul 1, 2012

#AllHail

Wazzu posted:

Who the hell thought Dolph Ziggler ... was a good idea, though.

Fixed for brevity

And I don't know if it's good enough for me to give it a HM nod, which probably suggests it isn't, but I'd recommend people check out Trent Seven vs. Tyler Bate from the most recent episode of NXT. I know a lot of people have soured on the weekly NXT product a lot so might not have seen it but it was a really good match and I'm sucker for matches between friends that start off all friendly and get more serious.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

TANAK OBAMA
200 strikeouts
20 wins
0 birth certificates

Baron Corbyn posted:

Fixed for brevity

And I don't know if it's good enough for me to give it a HM nod, which probably suggests it isn't, but I'd recommend people check out Trent Seven vs. Tyler Bate from the most recent episode of NXT. I know a lot of people have soured on the weekly NXT product a lot so might not have seen it but it was a really good match and I'm sucker for matches between friends that start off all friendly and get more serious.

This was really good and for a similar story the Gargano/Ciampa match from the first round of the Cruiserweight Classic was great.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

TOO EASY

Wazzu posted:

What's also interesting about that match is that a few months later, Ricardo and Conor co-founded The Ascension in FCW.

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

HM: Matt Riddle vs. David Starr, CZW 18

HM: shigehiro Irie vs. Joe Gacy, CZW 18

HM: Ugly Ducklings vs. John Skylar & Corey Hollis, PWX, 2/19

MOTYC: Desmond Xavier vs. Fenix vs. Shane Strickland, WrestleCircus, 2/19

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

the Desmond Xavier vs Shane Strickland vs Fenix match was pretty crazy. There was zero psychology or storytelling and barely any selling and i didn't really care they did a whole bunch of poo poo i've never seen before. Shane and Dez have been working each other all over the world and getting rave reviews for a reason they're going to be huge in a couple years.

highlight of the whole thing was after the match fans threw money in the ring and then they all started fighting each other for the money

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

WMOTYC: A.J. Lee vs. Paige, RAW 2/20/2017

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

I will wipe away all tears from your eyes. There shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, there shall be no more pain. All these things are passed away.

veto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron Corbyn
Jul 1, 2012

#AllHail

Same as my recommendation from last week, if you don't watch NXT check out Pete Dunne vs Mark Andrews. Not as good as their UKCT match but still worth a watch. If WWE gets a UK show going, it should easily be their best in terms of match quality.

«4 »