Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

can I just go ahead and nominate WMOTYC: The Royal Rumble. Was going good then...well, you know what happens I'm sure.

I don't think it's WMOTY caliber. The match up until Roman was brilliantly booked. If Roman turns heel tomorrow, it's one of the best booked matches in a long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

Alain Post posted:

HM: Braun Strowman v. Roman Reigns, WWE Fastlane 3/5

Frankly I would go MOTYC because no match where BRAUN attempts a Superfly Splash should go below a MOTYC but I think HM is more likely.

I'd agree that MOTYC is a little strong. I'd imagine we're going to see most ratings in the 3.75 to 4.25 range

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

When DIY got eliminated first it really took a lot out of the NXT tag match. Nowhere close to the level of the other DIY/Revival Takeover matches, imo

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Bill Goldberg (C) vs Brock Lesnar for the WWE Universal Championship at Wrestlemania 33

EXACTLY what it needed to be.

Absolutely. The Goldberg return was extremely effective, on the whole. I hated the Survivor Series result at the time, but now love it with the benefit of hindsight.

On the other hand, factoring in the magnitude of it, Roman/Taker was arguably the worst match of all time. Wow.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm interested in hearing your argument. The first part of the match was really fun. The middle wasn't anything special but wasn't really that bad to me. The end (and that reversal botch) was bad but that hardly makes it the worst thing ever. Hell it wasn't even the worst match on the card.

The guy who retired Undertaker should have been over. Roman wasn't. The entire thing felt flat. There were several botches, not just the tombstone, including the finish.

If the post-match happened after a four star match, then it would have been the greatest wrestling segment ever. Instead it was flat for me.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I'll go a fourth. Pretty standard stuff before Nakamura came back, but it was great from then on.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

GLOW main event owned. Unironically my MotY that isn't one of the brilliant Okada/Omega matches

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

RealFoxy posted:

I don't understand how it's your unironic MOTY if it isn't an actual wrestling match

How is it less of a match than Final Deletion or literally any Lucha Underground match?

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

Cavauro posted:

here comes the big swerve. i actually also nominate the unremarkable scene edited together from 3 to 15 second sequences. now you have to include it

GLOW, LU or the Matthews/Borash match last night?

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

Match of the loving year Brock vs Joe

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I'm nthing Kenny/Mike

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

Definitive Omega/Okada match rankings

Dominion
G1
Dome

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

DarkstarIV posted:

MOTYC: Asuka vs Ember Moon NXT Takeover Brooklyn III, 8/19/17

Second

I realize I'm likely being a prisoner of the moment, but this is my US MotY right now.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

WMotY : TLC 2017 main event

I didn’t care for that.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

It’s not WMotY being objectively bad, it’s based on wasted potential, poor booking and a poor layout. The Shield reunion and Angle’s return are two of the biggest cards they can play, and they both were overbooked to death.

Kane and Braun should have just had their own segment, and not been part of this match at all.

Miz/Bar vs Shield should have been the match, it didn’t need to be no DQ at all. A regular match would have been better as booked, and better with the addition of Angle. Instead, it’s big moment was a garbage truck.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

AJ vs Jinder might not be in the top 250 matches this year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

In a vacuum, that’s not a minus five stars deal or anything, but it was pure poo poo to cap off one of the worst booked months in WWE recent memory.

• Locked thread