Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Frosted Flake posted:

I'm not a theologian but that seems inconsistent with the poverty of Christ.

God wouldn't let you become rich if he didn't love you, being wealthy and possible means God approves of what you are doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

lol if you ever thought vox was anything but neoliberal garbage

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Fullhouse posted:

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I would like to congratulate Donald Trump on his cabinet's first diversity hire!!

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

ScrubLeague posted:

Honestly I'm surprised that for-profit educational stocks aren't taking off. I know there aren't many of them left, but still.

it's those drat teachers unions i tells ya

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
peak Jezebel comments

(the first response is "yes")

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

devtesla posted:

peak Jezebel comments

:murder:

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

devtesla posted:

peak Jezebel comments

Ah yes where have I seen this before?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

that powerful aura guy is loving around right

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/deray/status/829020997609218049

I don't understand why Deray hates DeVos, she should be his school privatization dreamboat

It's almost as if Democrats who were quite happy to charter-gently caress education under a previous administration are pretending to care now for partisan reasons

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Spiderman would never go to a loving charter school. Marvel full of poo poo

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Nonsense posted:

Spiderman would never go to a loving charter school. Marvel full of poo poo

Every school will now be a Charles Xavier style academy for the super rich

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Every school will now be a Charles Xavier style academy for the super rich

So (((magneto))) is gonna lead the resistance?

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

any educator that has stepped inside of a charter school knows what a loving scam they are.

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

Frosted Flake posted:

I'm not a theologian but that seems inconsistent with the poverty of Christ.

christ only gave two commandments:

love god completely

love your neighbor as you would love yourself

pretty much no republican adheres to #2

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Nonsense posted:

Not sure if kidding, but it's Felix Biederman from Chapo Trap House. So yes.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
betsy devos seems like the kind of person who likes to make an afternoon of going down to the market and buying a negro or two

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Gio posted:

any educator that has stepped inside of a charter school knows what a loving scam they are.

Umm didn't you see the NBC Nightly News special they had on Detroit's charter schools? One parent said her daughter gets the correct grades that her daughter deserves, all A's and B's, unlike the terrible public school where she was failing.

There couldn't be any explanation for this besides charter schools just being better.

CrumFUNist!
Nov 27, 2005

walgreenslatino posted:

I don't understand why Deray hates DeVos, she should be his school privatization dreamboat

It's almost as if Democrats who were quite happy to charter-gently caress education under a previous administration are pretending to care now for partisan reasons

Pretty much. President Cory Booker will do this same poo poo in 2020 and the Dems will be all for it because they are assholes.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

CrumFUNist! posted:

President Cory Booker ... in 2020

Is this a bit

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

ScrubLeague posted:

Is this a bit

A lot of Hillarymen have been pushing for him, and Booker seems to want it real bad. He is almost definitely going to run.

He will not win though.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

i remember during the DNC d&d was creaming themselves over his speech.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

GlyphGryph posted:

A lot of Hillarymen have been pushing for him, and Booker seems to want it real bad. He is almost definitely going to run.

He will not win though.

Oh yeah Booker will definitely run, but lmao at the current democratic party gaining seats in the next two general elections.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

devtesla posted:

peak Jezebel comments

yes and gently caress off, awful pieces of poo poo with terrible politics can be women too and she happened to be one of the worst out of the picks apart from sessions and those wall street dicks.

So i go to a state college that is basically know as a teaching school. I guess i am hosed now.

CrumFUNist!
Nov 27, 2005

ScrubLeague posted:

Is this a bit

feel free to substitute Booker with most any other likely candidate's name

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

ScrubLeague posted:

lmao at the current democratic party gaining seats in the next two general elections.

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/DPRK_News/status/829081104158179329

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

GlyphGryph posted:

He will not win though.

The Berniecrats will never support someone supported by HRC. They're demanding control of the Democratic Party and swing it hard to the left. The poor bastards fail to realize when you swing far enough left you look no different than the far right, but most importantly your presidential candidates have no chance of winning.

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

walgreenslatino posted:

I work in Baltimore and have worked with Deray personally on several occasions.

He's, uh, how do I say this... "a charlatan"

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

The Berniecrats will never support someone supported by HRC. They're demanding control of the Democratic Party and swing it hard to the left. The poor bastards fail to realize when you swing far enough left you look no different than the far right, but most importantly your presidential candidates have no chance of winning.

source quotes

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

-- HUGE PUBES A PLUS

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

The poor bastards fail to realize when you swing far enough left you look no different than the far right, but most importantly your presidential candidates have no chance of winning.

Seems to be working out OK for the Tea Party, though the ultimate test of that will be if the Republicans or the Tea Party wins the branding war.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

-- HUGE PUBES A PLUS

Dude sounds like an imbecile, pass it on

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

When you think about it, universal healthcare and a basic income are almost the same as Strong Man Feudal Economics.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Nonsense posted:

It's Felix from Chapo so yes

Bodyholes
Jun 30, 2005

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

When you think about it, universal healthcare and a basic income are almost the same as Strong Man Feudal Economics.

we can't have universal healthcare. yeah 60% of americans might want it, but that's tyranny of the majority. only 10% of american corporations support it, and they know better.

sorry bernie babies, it's just too radical

Bodyholes
Jun 30, 2005

universal healthcare might look appealing in finland and sweden, but it can't work in america because america is too large.

it's actually a scientific fact that once a country gets larger than 3 million square miles, the laws of physics change and universal healthcare stops working

the founding fathers knew this

ignore canada

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Fullhouse posted:

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

RENEGADE CUCKSKY posted:

I work in Baltimore and have worked with Deray personally on several occasions.

He's, uh, how do I say this... "a charlatan"

please continue

(also is he as really obsessed with lovely fast food as his twitter feed makes him out to be)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

I'm not talking about identical platform, I'm talking about identical methods of strong arming everyone to follow a narrow lockstep point of view or else.

Meanwhile, Gary Naeyart commandeth.

https://twitter.com/GLEP_MI/status/829429506070962176