Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat
I'm gonda keep my eye on this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
What does the science/tech victory consist of in this mod?

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
Until just recently, I had assumed that Gond was a particularly barbarous lizard nation, it's denizens rolling around in the mud, murdering each other, and furiously trying to research Bony Knobs or some such primitive nonsense with their feeble reptile brains.

It is not without some alarm that I have come to realize that Gond's neighbors are even worse than Gond in all these respects. I fear for this world and I fear for the brave idiots of Gond.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
It can't be that fantastic of a world if they haven't researched Dung Removal yet, just sayin'.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
I am also skeptical of today's youth and their insistence on pooping in special places and moving poop form here to there and this way and that :colbert:

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat

Drakyn posted:

This is our Gond, but it has been fortified with added Education.

This is my new favorite info graphic because it has helped me begin to understand the degenerate cylinder world on which the Gondians have gonded for many millions of years.

I sometimes have dreams in which I encounter a Gondian in the recent future and he shows me his earthworks and his monstrous fish and the spawning ground on which he was hatched. He offers me his maps and I tell him his maps are useless, dung-soiled trash and they are a poor representation of his cylinder world. At that point he bites my head and I awake.

I cannot be certain from the dream as to whether his Gondian words were real words or meaningless shrieks. I cannot be certain from the dream as to whether the maps were intended to be real maps or if the Gondian fully understood what a map was intended to be. I cannot be certain from the dream as to whether the Gondian bit my head in anger or whether he always intended to bite my head.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat

Prism posted:

Give them a break, they hadn't invented maps yet when they named themselves.

Or fingers.

Judging by the reaction of literally every other faction, Gond maps are still useless and nonsensical and no one wants them even after all these millions of years and layers of rock.

Or maybe every other faction's maps are terrible also, but they all do their maps in different terrible ways that they think is the best and will accept no substitutes. We all have to make peace with the fact that we may never understand some aspects of Gondian culture.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
:rip: fish monster, I will miss your bony fins and your intrepid spirit.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
This Mammal Suppression Plan sounds awfully final solutionish and I don't think we should embark upon it.

Then again, I am a mammal with mammalian morals, so my opinion is suspect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
While I am glad that this lp existed for all these millions of years, the eventual fate of the Gondians strikes me as unfair and it fills my neocortex with a mix of complex and conflicting mammalian emotions.

I can't help but wonder if there should have been a science victory in the form of diverting the asteroid. This asteroid buster would have to be a strange space device made of twigs and mud and giant fish bones, but if anyone could pull it off, it's the Gondians.

• Locked thread